Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (no spoliers)

davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
Caught an opening day here in Australia and its fantastic, funny, had more than enough action doesn't really have the mid movie Marvel drag that others do. There are some great cameos in the movie as well.

The dynamics from the first movie were there and of course the music was great. I personally thought it was better than the first but its very subjective.

Make sure you stay all the way to the end of the movie as there are a number of during and post credit scenes.

Comments

• Pavkey88Pavkey88 Florida, the home of beautiful beaches and meth addicted face-eaters
    Cool, good to know. Heard from some other reviewers that it kinda sucked and I was just going to wait til Blu ray. Maybe I'll give it another look now
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Good to know. All of the fantasy, scifi, and comic book genre movie reviewers I follow loved it.

A sequel with 86% fresh on RT is incredible, considering some of the very few negative critics simply think its not fresh and original anymore (no shit, it's a sequel).

The again, i take professional critics views of movies with a microscopic grain of salt, and wont let it affect my outlook heading into the theaters opening weeken either way.
  • MrSinysterMrSinyster Raleigh, NC
    from many reviewers that I trust/respect I hear that it isn't as good as the first, but only slightly. that being said it was my favorite mcu movie thus far so I'll still go see it in theaters.
    TaraC73
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    Are there really 5 post credit scenes? And does that feel like too many?
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    @Alkaid13 ;I didn't count them but there are definitely at least three. Stay right until you are kicked out by staff haha.

Overall I enjoyed it very much, just as much as the first one, if not a little bit more just for my childish love of Baby Groot. A few of the details around Kurt Russell's character seemed a little stupid plot wise, but I mainly just like to watch this franchise for its cast of unique and humorous characters. Drax on fine form.
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    @Alkaid13 they occur throughout the credits with 1 post true credit. But honestly if they are going to make you sit through the credits they may as well make the rest of the credits enjoyable. 
    mmmlemoncakes
  • This moving is all about pacing and humour  - in a  very good way. The plot maybe is a bit strange but it really is all about what you know about the characters from Vol.1 and building on that and it makes you feel like your part of the "in-jokes". If you liked Vol 1 you will like this. It will feel different. Baby Groot was adorable - so was listening to my kids belly-laugh through the whole thing.

As for "Is 5 post-credit scenes too many?" - it really helps all those credits go by faster. My kids know Marvel movies have post credit stings so we're not leaving in any case!

darwinfeeshy
  • JohnnieDarkJohnnieDark South Florida
    Alkaid13 said:

Are there really 5 post credit scenes? And does that feel like too many?

There are 5 but it's really four extra snippets from the movie and one true Post Credit Scene, Although they weren't necessary I appreciated them for making the wait through the credits more bearable. 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    If you hate the movie, you're not going to want to sit through any of them.  If you loved it, they're all a delight, and not so much post-credit scenes as pre-, intra-, and post-credit scenes, all stacked up about a minute from each other.