*Possible Spoilers* Any ideas what Season 5 will be about?

Ryan Murphy likes to give us clues as to what's coming for the next Season of AHS, and I've read that he said one of the clues given for Season 5 is a top hat.
Apparently there's a top hat on a coffee cup in two different scenes, and there's a top hat on the front of the menus in the restaurant that Jimmy takes the "freaks" out to eat. And, of course, Edward Mordrake wears a top hat (I personally don't really count that last one as a "clue" though).
There is speculation that the top hat may signify Operation Top Hat, which involved the United States Army testing biological and chemical weapons, mustard gas, and nerve gas on people in Alabama in 1953. Yikes! :#

(But the first thing I thought of when I heard "top hat on a coffee cup" is the Mad Hatter's tea party from Alice in Wonderland. The menu even kind of fits that too. I don't have anything to add to that little bit of speculation, I'm just throwing it out there, lol)

Comments

• KenzieKenzie Sanger, Tx
    I still haven't finished Season 4 yet :( But I would just keep my eye out on the AHS news. The fandom is usually able to guess what the next season's theme will be before it's announced. Although I really like the Alice in Wonderland idea.
  • Oh wow, I'm so glad to hear I'm not the only one who didn't finish this Season! I was liking it, but they went on that winter break, and ... I just never watched the rest of the Season.
  • KenzieKenzie Sanger, Tx
    @April_May_June lol that is exactly what I did. I've just never made the time to watch those last three episodes.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    This season was not great. There were a lot of good characters, and a lot of really scary moments, but Jessica Lange's character was too all over the place, and the musical numbers killed the vibe more often than not. Having said that, you owe it to yourself to finish the season, for the first 20 minutes of the finale if nothing else.

I don't have very high hopes for season 5, but I'd like to see more of the aliens, and I want to see all of the seasons come together somehow at the end.
  • UnderwoodUnderwood Philadelphia, PA
    Hey guys, looks like next season will be titled "Hotel". Lady Gaga seems to be replacing Jessica Lange... Here's a link to a video she posted on twitter, and Ryan Murphy re-tweeted it so it looks like this is legit.

• I don't have an issue with GooGoo being cast on the show for cameo type of role like Stevie Nicks in Coven. However, if she's actually replacing Jessica Lange as the lead, that is rough news. My anticipation for Season 5 just took a huge dive.
    Yeah, I mean nobody can replace Jessica Lange really but I was just speculating about her becoming the lead actress, I just read that GaGa will be a mainstay next season so who knows. At least if Murphy is dead set on doing multiple musical numbers again next season, he has someone who can knock them out of the park.
    steph_b
  • I will miss Jessica Lange on this show - she's amazing, and always killed it (haha, no pun intended) on AHS.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Hotel huh and didn't Murphy say it would be in modern times?
  • I wonder if this will at all be influenced by The Shining.
    Elisasteph_b
    Murphy just tweeted that Wes Bentley will be a series regular, which is awesome news! The cast for AHS Hotel is looking solid.