NBA playoffs

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
Who's watching and who are you rooting for?

We're watching some of the games and I'm rooting for the opposing team of whomever Colin decides to root for. LOL We are not die hard NBA fans but we both like basketball so we catch some of the games. We might be the only people in America who actually like the WNBA better and are just waiting for that to start lol. 
Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
akritenbrink on most social media

Comments

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Bulls had the Celtics on the ropes then Rondo gets hurt and now we're down 3-2. Sucks. Really need a vintage D Wade performance in game 6.
    No Half Measures....
  • RAPTORS!!  :)

Cory
  • RAPTORS!!  :)

Enjoy it while you can, your team is about to be Cersi'd :p
    CretanBull
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Ive been a Rockets supporter since the late 80's and so im happy with the progress of the team and obviously think Harden is the MVP.

So many stories from this playoffs
    IT4 and all the struggles off the court that must be weighing on him
    Can LeBron make it 7 straight finals appearances
    Will the clippers be broken up this offseason
    Can anyone stop the Warriors juggernaut even though they are hitting obstacles in KD being hurt and having Kerr being out. Seriously Mike Brown stuff up peak LeBron and Kobe, the guy m I ght know X's & O's but he isnt a great game coach.
    How good is Khawhi really? (Obviously really f%$@ing good)
    cdrive
  • I'd think that if the Clips can't at least advance past Utah, that unless they can get like a Paul George without having to sacrifice too much of their core, then they need to be broken up.

Got to figure Lebron and the Cavs make it out of the East.  For the West, it will probably be the Warriors but if somehow they got knocked off, I wouldn't be totally shocked.  Although, I'm not too concerned with Mike Brown running the show there because the core of the team has won the finals together and they know how to play with each other.  Then, you add in Durant and his personality and I think he fits in well enough so that if Brown was calling something that was wrong, the players would overrule him.

• akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Do you guys listen to the I Am Rapaport podcast? he cracks me up and one of the reasons I got interested in NBA again.

Angie Kritenbrink

• Can't say I've listened to it.  I enjoy listening to Rapaport when he's with Bill Simmons so perhaps I'll give this podcast a try.   
    akritenbrink

Can't say I've listened to it.  I enjoy listening to Rapaport when he's with Bill Simmons so perhaps I'll give this podcast a try.   

Some of the episodes are interviews with NBA players and other folks, and some are him shooting the shit about NBA, other sports,  and random internet stories with his friend Gerald Moody. Occasionally he has another friend, Dean Collins, on there which I don't care for as much,  but that's not very often.

Angie Kritenbrink

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @davemcb, Right On!  B-E-L-I-E-V-E!!!!  #RunAsOne

I'm a Houston guy, born & raised.  I was 14 yrs old during the Rockets back-to-back championship and remember it vividly. Hoops is my main sport. So yeah I'm pulling for my Rockets & Harden is my MVP, D'antoni COY, Morey EOY, Gordon SMOY.    

But....there are 3 things certain in life:  Death, Taxes, and Spurs advancing in the playoffs.  Queue the Game of Zones White Walker Spurs:

@akritenbrink Agreed, I think Rapaport is generally great on everything but he gets cross-ways with me when he starts hating on my dude James Harden.  I wish Bill Simmons would come back at him a bit, cause I like Simmons' takes on The Beard.

Also this video was a really funny take on the Rockets by Chris Ryan.  I couldn't stand that guy cause I was first made aware of him through After the Thrones and I thought they totally sucked, him especially, compared to our Bald Move dudes.  But he's actually way better, really funny and knowledgeable, when talking hoops.  The last dig at the end of the video wasn't cool though.  As a Philly fan he shouldn't be throwing rocks (or I guess in that case batteries).  

davemcb
    @cdrive
    with the way Rapaport trash talks, it would be a miracle if he didn't offend every listener at some point or another haha
    cdrive

Angie Kritenbrink

• RIP my Trailblazers. They, like, almost didn't get blown out in one of their games, so they have that going for them. Warriors look so good it's scary. I really hope we get Spurs/Warriors this year. 
  • KingKobra said:

RAPTORS!!  :)

Enjoy it while you can, your team is about to be Cersi'd :p
    I realize the odds are heavily stacked against us and that we're extreme underdogs, but over the last two years we've actually played really well vs the Cavs.  I'm not betting on us, but I think we have a better chance of knocking them off than the Celtics or Bulls do....still a small chance, but a better chance.
    Raptors are my Rockets of the Norf. (2Pat, Lowry, used to be Scola and CHUCK HAYYYYYES) I'm always Rockets of the Norfin' every time they play.  I hope the old gods and the new favor y'all.  Eff the Cavs.
    CretanBull
  • cdrive said:

Raptors are my Rockets of the Norf. (2Pat, Lowry, used to be Scola and CHUCK HAYYYYYES) I'm always Rockets of the Norfin' every time they play.  I hope the old gods and the new favor y'all.  Eff the Cavs.

We have to beat the Cavs, the refs and US television who have openly said that Toronto does "nothing" for their ratings...so the odds are stacked against us.  We the North appreciate the support from down South though!  Go Rockets (you're welcome for Tracy McGrady!).
    cdrive
    Dummy said:

RIP my Trailblazers. They, like, almost didn't get blown out in one of their games, so they have that going for them. Warriors look so good it's scary. I really hope we get Spurs/Warriors this year. 

At least you still have a team.

Angie Kritenbrink

Dummy said:

RIP my Trailblazers. They, like, almost didn't get blown out in one of their games, so they have that going for them. Warriors look so good it's scary. I really hope we get Spurs/Warriors this year. 

Yeah you guys got screwwwwwed. Highway robbery if you dig into the dirty details. Seattle deserves an NBA team. Great NBA city. Many great rivalries, especially with Houston.
    akritenbrink
  • Dummy said:

I'm assuming that you were a Sonics fan...do people there follow the OKC or hate them?

I was a Montreal Expos (baseball) fan and when they moved to Washington I tried to keep the faith with them because of my attachment to the players, but in the end my heart wasn't in it. 

Sometimes you hear talk about reviving the Sonics. I don't follow that closely enough to know whether it's legit or not.

The funny thing is they left the WNBA team behind. So we still have that, at least. Those games are cheap and fun to go to. Our team is kind of a young team and they had a kind of post-Olympics surge last year so the last part of the season was really fun.

Angie Kritenbrink

• CoryCory New Scotland

Who's watching and who are you rooting for?

We're watching some of the games and I'm rooting for the opposing team of whomever Colin decides to root for. LOL We are not die hard NBA fans but we both like basketball so we catch some of the games. We might be the only people in America who actually like the WNBA better and are just waiting for that to start lol. 
    Raptors and LeBron... which kind of sucks for round 2.

I don't much care who wins between Washington and Boston, as I believe Toronto CAN beat either, and none of those teams are going to take out a Cleveland team with LeBron.

Back in the 90s I came to live Karl Malone and John Stockton, so I still have some affinity for the Jazz, but at the same time I would like to see Chris Paul and the Clippers do well.
    That'll put marzipan in your pie plate, bingo!
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    davemcb said:

Ive been a Rockets supporter since the late 80's and so im happy with the progress of the team and obviously think Harden is the MVP.

So many stories from this playoffs
    IT4 and all the struggles off the court that must be weighing on him
    Can LeBron make it 7 straight finals appearances
    Will the clippers be broken up this offseason
    Can anyone stop the Warriors juggernaut even though they are hitting obstacles in KD being hurt and having Kerr being out. Seriously Mike Brown stuff up peak LeBron and Kobe, the guy m I ght know X's & O's but he isnt a great game coach.
    How good is Khawhi really? (Obviously really f%$@ing good)

Harden is my MVP as well.  Did you hear (or see the vid on YouTube) of how Thunder players absolutely purposefully let rebounds pass right through their hands so Westbrook can grab them?  It makes his whole TD season artificial, which really turned me off of his great season.

I'd kind of like to see Khawhi on the Warriors instead of Durant, simply because of his great two-way play.  The defense combination of him, Green and Klay.  And Curry isn't Steve Nash on defense either, plus Leonard has a great 3-point shot as well.
    cdrivedavemcb
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Dummy said:

I'm assuming that you were a Sonics fan...do people there follow the OKC or hate them?

I was a Montreal Expos (baseball) fan and when they moved to Washington I tried to keep the faith with them because of my attachment to the players, but in the end my heart wasn't in it. 

As a Nordiques fan I kept with the Avs for about 15 years, but once Sakic retired my faith really waned, but never fully died.  Mackinnon (and Crosby of course) are from my home province though, so at least there's something to cheer for with them.  Plus, I tend to dig rebuilding projects.
  • CoryCory New Scotland

Sometimes you hear talk about reviving the Sonics. I don't follow that closely enough to know whether it's legit or not.

The funny thing is they left the WNBA team behind. So we still have that, at least. Those games are cheap and fun to go to. Our team is kind of a young team and they had a kind of post-Olympics surge last year so the last part of the season was really fun.
    Aren't they building (if not completed) a new arena?  Eventually you'll like see the NBA back in Seattle (look how fast they came back to Charlotte, what 3 years?  Why didn't they just fucking leave them there and put an expansion team in New Orleans if they wanted to return to NOLA that badly), and might see an NHL team shortly after, to share the building.
  • Celts fan here, wasn't looking good against the bulls but clearly Rondo was the whole key to that team .... So on to the next round. Looking forward to watching the series against the wizards, and a bit scared of facing John Wall, but will be fun to see him match up against Isiah Thomas.
    Cory said:

Aren't they building (if not completed) a new arena?  Eventually you'll like see the NBA back in Seattle (look how fast they came back to Charlotte, what 3 years?  Why didn't they just fucking leave them there and put an expansion team in New Orleans if they wanted to return to NOLA that badly), and might see an NHL team shortly after, to share the building.
    Nope, no new arena. There's talk of remodeling the current one.

Angie Kritenbrink

Dummy said:

We were Sonics fans to the extent we are NBA fans, which isn't very intensely. I'm not sure how people feel about the OKC team. I'm not that deep into that community. We didn't follow it though.

Angie Kritenbrink

• CoryCory New Scotland

Cory said:

Oh, did that fall through?  I was thinking it might have been contingent on getting an NBA team (and they said they would welcome an NHL team, but wouldn't build the building just for them).
  • Cory said:

Dummy said:

As a Nordiques fan I kept with the Avs for about 15 years, but once Sakic retired my faith really waned, but never fully died.  Mackinnon (and Crosby of course) are from my home province though, so at least there's something to cheer for with them.  Plus, I tend to dig rebuilding projects.
    As a Habs fan, I loved nothing more than hating the Nordiques..it pained me to see Roy go to the Avs and win a Cup.  I really want Quebec City to get a team back...I have enough sports-venom in me to hate QC and Boston :)
    Cory
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    I would like for the raptors or wizards to win but let's be honest, they stand no chance against the powerhouses. I guess I could be happy if the spurs won because I really want Pau Gasol to get one more trophy.
    Man I love that guy.

Cory said:

Cory said:

Oh, did that fall through?  I was thinking it might have been contingent on getting an NBA team (and they said they would welcome an NHL team, but wouldn't build the building just for them).
    This info should be fact checked, because I don't remember the details, but my memory is that the franchise wanted the city to put in more than the city wanted to, and the arena was part of that. There was also a lot of talk about the old football arena and complaints about cost overruns etc when they built the new one. Seattle officials won't bend over backwards as much as some cities for the sports teams because they (rightly) believe that when you are running a multi-million dollar for-profit business, you should be able to take care of your own shit. But you also kind of have to wonder if the new owner ever intended to keep the team in Seattle since he's from OKC.

Angie Kritenbrink

• CoryCory New Scotland

Cory said:

Dummy said:

As a Habs fan, I loved nothing more than hating the Nordiques..it pained me to see Roy go to the Avs and win a Cup.  I really want Quebec City to get a team back...I have enough sports-venom in me to hate QC and Boston :)
    It must come as no surprise that I've never warmed up to the Canadiens then, they are my most hated sports franchise! :)
    CretanBull