The Room (2003)

gguenotgguenot CA
edited April 30 in Movies
Is there a thread for this?

God damn this movie is gold

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Not that I am aware of...but as my avatar explains...I love it.
  • Hahah that's awesome, haven't gotten the reference until now . This needs to be commissioned
    gguenot said:

Hahah that's awesome, haven't gotten the reference until now . This needs to be commissioned

I've definitely considered it. Once I have some money to burn, I probably will. I used to live in Boston and they'd play this monthly as a midnight movie at a theater. I went a good 4-5 times. It was a real blast. Also, they recently released it in Blu-Ray, and its so amazing seeing such a garbage fire of a movie in HD. 
    ChiefPizza
  • A. Ron has flat out stated that they both dislike The Room, so it'd probably be one of those stinkers, podcast-wise. Then again, they seem susceptible to being plied with liquor, so..... :)
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    It's a terrible film, but it might be entertaining to describe it in it's entirety of awfulness.  There are so. many. bad. decisions.  In the first 30 minutes alone.
    ChiefPizzaCecily

It's a terrible film, but it might be entertaining to describe it in it's entirety of awfulness.  There are so. many. bad. decisions.  In the first 30 minutes alone.

If you are at all curious about the making of the film and the relationship between Tommy and Greg Sestero, you need to read The Disaster Artist. Its beyond compelling. And knowing how quickly you seem to read, you'd be done in a night. Its so great. 
    Melia004 said:

A. Ron has flat out stated that they both dislike The Room, so it'd probably be one of those stinkers, podcast-wise. Then again, they seem susceptible to being plied with liquor, so..... :)

I mean it is completely awful, but I don't dislike it...if that makes any sort of sense. But yeah I wouldn't want to force the guys to watch something that they wouldn't like to discuss for an hour and some change. Its absolutely true that the best podcasts the guys have done are ones where they are both passionate about the subject matter. I can't wait for the guys to get around to Ex Machina for that reason. 
  • It works so well!!!