The Witcher series to be produced by Netflix

NickFFXNickFFX Louisville, KY

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

I love these games. I have only read one book so far but this has the potential to be awesome. The Executive Producers will be Sean Daniel and Jason Brown of The Expanse. I am cautiously optimistic.

kingbee67Brawn

Comments

• NickFFXNickFFX Louisville, KY
    And apparently I am the only one excited about this.
  • LukeLuke Central Illinois
    edited May 17
    I'm pretty excited. However the books go down a really weird path towards the end. I think the short story collections were my favorite books.

Hopefully the show is a loose adaptation, I don't know how well some of the later books would really work as a tv show. It takes a pretty sharp left turn from fantasy into almost sci fi.

I can't imagine playing the games without reading the books. I'm playing Witcher 1 right now and only 2 chapters in pretty much every character is either from the books or references characters or events from the books.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I'm playing through the end of Witcher 3 right now, played a few hours of 2 and never read the books, and it's at least as connected as I've ever been to characters and a story in a video game so I'm excited. Even though the author sounds like kind of a dick and CD Projekt isn't at fault, I'm glad the guy gets to capitalize on the success his work now that the games made it mainstream.
    Brawn