San Diego Comic-Con 2015. WHO'S GOING?!

WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
Just got my tickets!

@Jim @A.Ron.Hubbard you guys going?

Comments

• Nah.  my girlfriend is going but I don't really have the cash for it.  I went last summer for the first time and it was crazy.  Have a great time!  How many days did you get?
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    We're going for two days, Friday and Saturday. Now all we have to do is work out lodging and transportation. Also, did I mention we'll have our then-1-year-old daughter with us? It's going to be hectic, but I'm sure we'll have a blast.
  • Ha wow, good luck with that chaos! I love San Diego though. Just avoid that Kansas City BBQ across from the Grand Hyatt, it's atrocious. The bar scene from Top Gun was shot there and the pathetic owners just been exploiting that ever since, it's quite pathetic. It used to be really suspicious cause you'd walk past it and smell nothing, but a year or so they built up the little square of shops next to the Hyatt as a sort of entrance to Seaport Village, and one of the restaurants has a nice smelling cooker going, and the breeze from the bay wafts the smell towards the terrible Kansas City BBQ joint and surely fools poor saps into thinking they actually cook stuff there...
  • Oh man.  I would suggest getting a hotel asap and as close as possible to the con, given that you have your 1 year old with you.  Being close always makes a con better anyway.  Will this be your first time at Comic Con?
    This is our first time going. Luckily, the wife has family out there and is familiar with the area. We are trying to get a hotel somewhere on the trolley line to take us between there and the con, and hopefully that'll net more reasonable rates, because as of right now all the hotels near the con are about $300-$400 a night for the crappy places, and upwards of $1,000 a night for any decent hotels. 
    @ghm3 Trust me, being from Tennessee, I don't go to California for the BBQ.

I go for the Mexican food. 
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    Super jealous!! I'd love to go to a comic con!! I've been to Celebration three times but that's nothing compared to comic con!