307 - Expenses

Directed by: Thomas Schnauz
Written by: Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Just read the synopsis.  Why do I feel like we've already hit the high point this season?  Hoping to be proven wrong tonight.
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • DrewDrew indianapolis
    Damn great episode, Jimmy with the full on Walter White march at the end.
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Ok I'm starting #fuckjimmy.

seriously? what was the point of the breakdown to the insurance agent other than to make problems for Chuck? Chuck was solidly in the rearview mirror
  • This show is getting really depressing now :'(

I feel a serious gap growing between Kim and Jimmy. Also, Jimmy is down in the dumps and is lashing out (like when he raised Chuck's rates after the insurance company didn't let Jimmy cancel his policy). It's only been a few weeks into his suspension and shit's already this bad.

Also, what was up with Mike's change of heart about helping the nerdy guy deal with Tuco?
  • Ok I'm starting #fuckjimmy.

seriously? what was the point of the breakdown to the insurance agent other than to make problems for Chuck? Chuck was solidly in the rearview mirror

Call me a terrible person but I felt so happy for Jimmy in that moment. Finally a real fuck you to chuck, not just defense. 
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    I think Jimmy's reaction at the end of the episode and further fucking chuck is a juxtaposition against the place Kim came to bascially feeling guilty for tearing down a sick man, Jimmy is now walking down the path of Saul and I love it.
    MelonuskKingKobraDani_Armindo
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne

Ok I'm starting #fuckjimmy.

I wont go that far at the moment and whilst chuck is still an unwashed asshole i think Jimmy got to didnt get all of it while wiping asshole
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Jimmy is going to become Saul Goodman to avoid paying higher insurance premiums..sounds right.

Also RIP Nacho. Don't see him surviving the end of the season.
    No Half Measures....

This show is getting really depressing now :'(

I feel a serious gap growing between Kim and Jimmy. Also, Jimmy is down in the dumps and is lashing out (like when he raised Chuck's rates after the insurance company didn't let Jimmy cancel his policy). It's only been a few weeks into his suspension and shit's already this bad.

Also, what was up with Mike's change of heart about helping the nerdy guy deal with Tuco?
    He still feels bad about the guy he got killed. And the lady telling her story about her missing Husband pushed him to the edge to then go back to Nacho and make sure he would off Hector right. Or at least that's how I saw it.
    Melonuskdarwinfeeshy
    No Half Measures....
  • He pulled a Costanza!

JoshuaHeterMichelle
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    This episode really missed for me.

I think the first 5 episodes were pumping more and more air into the balloon, and now it's just sputtering back out.  Very deflating.

• MichelleMichelle California
    @Melia004 it's never a bad time for a Seinfeld clip!
    Melia004
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • mwspiakmwspiak Upstate NY
    I think that the answer is that Chuck and Jimmy are both guys with questionable character. The problem with Chuck is he's oblivious to the fact that he's an asshole which makes him unbearable.

Jimmy knows when he's doing questionable things and recognizes it like when he didn't want to show Kim the commercial at the end of the episode. The fact that he knows this about himself makes him easy to empathize with.

I think Jimmy has a good heart but gives into the worst version of himself.
  • This show is getting really depressing now :'(

Well Jimmy and Kim need to break up/separate. What we are seeing is most likely the beginning of the rift. We all know it has to happen, but it's gonna suck seeing it go down.

In the end Mike is going to be Mike. I think the story the woman told him hit him close to home. The act of "not knowing" what happens to him would eat away slowly if he just disappeared. It was the same thing with Tuco, he was protecting Tuco because he saw the flaws in his plan immediately and knowing what he knew would again eat away at him if he didn't say anythrhing. Mike is a "protector" that's his job and he's good at it.
  • My least favorite epsidoe of the season thus far, however I still liked it a lot. Jimmy is getting desperate and this will most likely be a major factor leading to Saul the lawyer. Sad that it won't be back for two week though :(
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    I guess the ultimate irony then is that Mike's granddaughter is left never knowing what happened to him.

I don't remember exactly, but I think saul and Jessie met up with Walt, and we are led to believe that Walt had Mike's body with him to embarrel.
  • edited May 24
    Lawyer question.  Do you have to have malpractice insurance to practice?  If not, I imagine Jimmy partially becomes "Criminal" lawyer Saul Goodman to avoid paying it.  What criminal in their right mind would sue for malpractice with a guy like Saul Goodman leading their defense?  I know almost nothing about inner workings of the legal system, but it seems about right.

I also think Jimmy is going to end up going to jail for a year after coming face to face with Chuck at or near the end of the season.  It would be a great time jump, and Jimmy could certainly build a clientele in prison.  Not to mention, his new type of clientele might love the fact that he's been to prison.  Was something like that ever mentioned in Breaking Bad?  I can't remember.  
    Pretty sure he won't go to Jail. That would get him disbarred permanently.
    No Half Measures....
  • edited May 24
    Hatorian said:

Pretty sure he won't go to Jail. That would get him disbarred permanently.

Are you sure?  From what I understand, it depends on the crime.  Now of course, is that part of the trial we just had?  Probably so, but this show has been really of the moment, and a year is crazy talk to get to "Criminal" Lawyer Saul without a time jump unless they want this thing to be 10 seasons, and to me, it would be weird to just time jump for the sake of it because again it's a very of-the-moment show.
    From reading up on the rules of disbarment. It's pretty much any act of breaching trust. A lawyer will be disbarred if he is considered untrustworthy. Every thing we know about Slippin Jimmy is about him being a con artist. So yes. The chances of him going to jail are from being a dishonest person. Which would get him disbarred.
    No Half Measures....
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited May 24
    We've all been wondering where Kim was in the Breaking Bad era and thinking maybe she ended up in jail or some even suggested dead. I think she's just going to leave his ass. Watching her watching him was pretty telling. She's realized he's going through all of his money very quickly and it's only a matter of time until a big scheme of his will go wrong and he's screwed, taking her down with him. It feels too simple for a show, especially a show in this universe but if she's smart, she just needs to cut ties and leave this guy. I have to imagine in the Gene era, she's gone back to Kansas City and that's why he's got the KC lunchbox.
  • FYI - Better Call Saul is off next week (Memorial Day) and returns on June 5th.
  • Did A.Ron mean Jamestown? There is a series on sky in the UK. I don't watch it but I thought that might be what he was taking about. And I would be down from a gus spin off
  • FYI - Better Call Saul is off next week (Memorial Day) and returns on June 5th.

Gives the guys more time for house of cards; )
  • We've all been wondering where Kim was in the Breaking Bad era and thinking maybe she ended up in jail or some even suggested dead. I think she's just going to leave his ass. Watching her watching him was pretty telling. She's realized he's going through all of his money very quickly and it's only a matter of time until a big scheme of his will go wrong and he's screwed, taking her down with him. It feels too simple for a show, especially a show in this universe but if she's smart, she just needs to cut ties and leave this guy. I have to imagine in the Gene era, she's gone back to Kansas City and that's why he's got the KC lunchbox.

I would have to give it to the writers for going that way with it. After all the Skyler White hate, I can imagine a desire to make sure that Kim actually leaves, avoiding Skyler's mistake.
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Getting piss on your shoes is to 2017 as asteroid movies were to 1998.
    Natter Cast - Television Worth Talking About
    www.nattercast.com
    On Kim, here's my latest Official Prediction(tm):

She starts sympathizing more with Chuck. Chuck ultimately figures out that she's involved in some of Jimmy's larceny and plays on her sympathies.

As Jimmy/Saul gets more deeply involved with Gus and the cartels, Chuck uses Kim to expose him.

The caper boils to the point where Kim's life is in danger, and so she uses the Disappearerer---er--er(tm), who JimmyKimmie meet through Francesca.

Years later, Kim tracks down Cinnabon Gene and we have a happy ending for the couple. Whole Badverse ends on an up note.

Until the pair are hunted down and killed by Jesse Pinkman and Kaylee Ehrmantrout in a webisode.
    www.nattercast.com
    edited May 27
    On why Mike takes the job after talking to Anita, we came to the idea that the specific location her husband disappeared in is the trigger.  Mike might know that that's cartel territory and he might suspect that Hector had him killed for stumbling into it. So he takes the job so he can get that info from Nacho.

I like the location of the samaritan. Won't be surprised if that's the angle.  But it seems like a stretch for Nacho to give him that info.  Seems more reasonable tho.
    www.nattercast.com
    "What kind of asshole eats at Panda Express?"

Best question ever.
    www.nattercast.com
    Did A.Ron mean Jamestown? There is a series on sky in the UK. I don't watch it but I thought that might be what he was taking about. And I would be down from a gus spin off
    Nope, Jonestown.

http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/breaking-bad-creator-teams-with-hbo-for-jonestown-series-w438953

KingKobra
    www.nattercast.com