Size Matters - Season 7 Dragons will grow to the size of Boeing 747s

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
edited May 25 in Game of Thrones
Okay I've been wanting to do this and now we have a perfect wingspan shot of a Season 7 dragon from the recently released S7 Preview.  I think this clip from the preview is still not a fully grown dragon.  But director Matt Shakman said the dragons would grow to the size of a Boeing 747 in Season 7.

So here are some graphics to help wrap your head around how huge a dragon would be if it were the size of a 747 compared to the size of a human / soldier for reference.  I'm really hoping for some amazing Dragon battle scenes with the Dragons just wasting opposition forces like they're ants.  

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Oh yeah and a 30' diameter flame!!!

Last one I swear.  I've just been geeking out about the size & scale of those dragons ever since that article....

OliviaD
  • I think you may end up disappointed. Not sure that was meant literally, just that they are F'n big ;)
    edited May 25
    @KingKobra, I'm probably magnifying them in my mind w/ that 747 quote.  But yeah they're going to be huge.  This was released 3 days ago:

DummyGredalBee
  • Yes, I am aware (of photo), but I've always taken those types of statements figuratively not literally. They will be Fn huge, big flame ball, etc. obsessing over those statements will only lead to disappointment ;)

That photo looks to be taken from same scene as the "flyover" we saw as well.
    I'll get over it quickly if they aren't as big as purported.  But I'm holding out hope.  This is the TV show that started with this viral teaser:

And in the books the largest dragon Balerion could swallow a mammoth whole. Estimates are out there saying 14 ft jaws. And that scene with the dragon skull and Arya in the Red Keep's cellar....that thing was massive.  -fingers crossed-
  • I love this, diagrams and all haha
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Good job!
    Thank you both! I've always been a big fan of infographics.  
  • Really bummed because YOU KNOW Drogon is going to die this season or next :(
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    But what about the important question, how big are their dicks? Cuz as a Bald Mover, that's all I really care about.
    cdrive
  • edited May 25
    cdrive said:

Thank you both! I've always been a big fan of infographics.  

You must LOVE /r/dataisbeautiful
    :)

I do give you props, you've put some real work into this.
    gguenot said:

Really bummed because YOU KNOW Drogon is going to die this season or next :(

Stop being so negative :p
    cdrivegguenot
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Everyone dies sometime.

But what about the important question, how big are their dicks? Cuz as a Bald Mover, that's all I really care about.

Haha new infographic coming in the next 24 hrs. I think I remember A.Ron describing a dragon dick probably being like a thin twisty branch like a duck dick or something like that.
    DreamRycherVasilnate1
    edited May 26
    Ho. Lee. SHIT. duck dicks and duck mating is extremely disturbing. I'm backing away. An animal having a weird dick is funny, but the mating....ugh. Never knew ducks were some fucked up assholes! Evolution can be cruel. And I thought bees were messed up.

I was going to suggest an idea for new bald move merch with a Drogon corkscrew wine opener but now it's not as funny in my mind cause of the duck patriarchy.

Not gonna lie. Next time I eat Peking duck this will probably cross my mind.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited May 26
    Ho. Lee. SHIT. duck dicks and duck mating is extremely disturbing. I'm backing away. An animal having a weird dick is funny, but the mating....ugh. Never knew ducks were some fucked up assholes! Evolution can be cruel. And I thought bees were messed up.

I was going to suggest an idea for new bald move merch with a Drogon corkscrew wine opener but now it's not as funny in my mind cause of the duck patriarchy.

Not gonna lie. Next time I eat Peking duck this will probably cross my mind.
    ill just leave this
    cdrive