Bloodline Season 3!

trippytrippy Saint Louis
Cannot wait...
_____
Nothing says 'This situation is serious' like a corpse on the floor.
-Anon.

Comments

• fidoz Houston
    On ep. 3 right now. Pretty good start to the season.
  • So the first ep last night. Pretty solid. It's only a matter of time before the whole thing just comes crashing down. I'm wondering if any of the Rayburns make it out.

This is one I definitely won't be binging. I need a break between episodes.
  • fidoz Houston
    I'm going at a pace of an ep/day. 
  • Wait, this is already out?! Usually I'm good at keeping track of what's coming out when, but this is a surprise. Yay!
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Reni said:

Wait, this is already out?! Usually I'm good at keeping track of what's coming out when, but this is a surprise. Yay!

Its Netflix, you never know when you are getting things! That should be their tagline, by the way. 
    Reni
  • trippytrippy Saint Louis

Reni said:

Wait, this is already out?! Usually I'm good at keeping track of what's coming out when, but this is a surprise. Yay!

Its Netflix, you never know when you are getting things! That should be their tagline, by the way. 
    Actually I got this countdown thing about a week out as my  intro screen on netflix.   Thats how I was made aware

so I'm 2 eps in  (like @fidoz I'm doing this slow like.   Plus I've been sick and hadn't been able to concentrate for a few days).   Anyway..  so far I'm still in.  This is like a house of cards in an earthquake.   Kevin kevin kevin.....

_____
    -Anon.
  • fidoz Houston
    I'm hoping for a special edition where I can cut John Lequizamo out of every episode. 
  • hypergenesbhypergenesb Atlanta
    edited May 30
    I found this season, particularly the final 3 episodes so disappointing. Characters just disappear from the story. WTF? 
    JTKIIIjtmy92trippy
    "Cucumber water's for closers only."
    So I've gotten to Ep5.   I call this episode 'The one with all the hypocrisy'.   Oh my god, John.  Your speech to Marco's mom.... 
    _____
    -Anon.
  • fidoz Houston
    One of the most disappointing final few episodes in recent memory. 
    hypergenesbJTKIII
    "What the hell was that?"  

Trippy, to his TV upon viewing the final episode.  

Man.... I don't get how a series falls so low.  IMHO this was one of the best shows on TV.  That first season I would rank as high as just about anything... 

I don't even understand what the hell was happening in these last 3 episodes...  
    hypergenesbJTKIII
    _____
    -Anon.
  • jtmy92jtmy92 Independence, MO
    Yeah I just finished, that was probably the weirdest series wrap-up I've ever seen. Sad because I love the characters this show developed and where this show could've gone.
    And we're now just going to get into spoilers.... 

SPOILERS

So..... What was the deal with Leguizamo?  What purpose was he serving... ?  Walk around and be creepy and then kill himself?   Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but did this scream "um... we don't know what to do with this character....".   

I actually get that going into a partial hallucinatory fugue state may be somewhat a family thing as apparently Danny was having that season one (with what I assume is a Sarah-esque hallucination).  But Danny was so blasted on booze and drugs I just thought it had to do with that.  Kevin would kinda do this   but he was also  doing serious self medication.  In both of those cases it was able to be followed.   John tho.... I guess he was drinking some, but he was just in David Lynch realms of untethered from reality.  I did not get what had happened. 
    _____
    -Anon.
  • edited June 22
    <spoilers all>

Wow, will have to agree with you guys, what an unsatisfying ending. I guess since they originally planned for more seasons they did the best they could with it, but... In the end, Kevin got caught and John didn't? Even after trying to confess? Fuck these writers, man.
    I also don't get the purpose of the Ozzy character, especially his Father Lopez "visions" or whatever that was. Is everyone on this show hallucinating? I reckon they could have left him in prison and give Meg some more storyline instead.
    I love that they brought back Ben Mendelsohn because he's a damn fine actor, but feel they should have given him a better wig - this one looked ridiculously fake and was especially jarring when they cut together old footage with new one.

Overall I did not hate the ending, but it was a mess. Episode 9 was like they were trying to do International Assassin and failed. I'd still recommend this show to others though, especially the first season, that was so, so good.
  • Finally caught up and finished the season and I agree with everyone on the disappointing last few episodes. I was really engaged for the trial stuff but so many threads were dropped suddenly and everything in the end felt rushed and out of left field even though we've seen hallucinations since the very first episode.

I'm guessing it's as messy as it is because the show was cancelled before the writers had a chance to finish telling the story. So it seems they had to try and wrap everything up quickly and it just didn't work.

I remember when the show first came out hearing the writers taliking about five seasons of material so it looks like they really had their hands tied here. Wish they had found a better way out though.

Had they actually had time to tell the story proper I think there would have been a lot of emotional catharsis, but it just fell flat as it was.