Season 5 Episodes 1-4

I am SO EXCITED for this season. Thought I'd take a page out of the Twin Peaks thread and do multi episode threads. I hope there's some fans in here. I'm waiting for the weekend to watch.

Comments

• Just started it yesterday, I actually had completely forgotten about it probably because i've been so preoccupied with Leftovers, Fargo, and BCS. Fingers crossed on this season but honestly I was expecting this show to end 2 seasons ago.
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    I watched almost all the season it's got me hooked. I think that the current political climate makes this show more interesting this season. Last night had some wacky dreams after watching so much. I fell asleep and missed the end. So tonight gotta go back to see what happens.
    I don't remember much from last season I watched it but it didn't hold my attention well. So the first few episodes were like, who's that guy but I was able to follow well enough.
  • I feel like at this point in the series the future looks so bleak for the Underwoods, like literally it seems like they've already pissed off every powerful person you can think of, including each other. 
  • fidoz Houston
    I've tried three times to get through the first episode of season 5. Please tell me it gets better.
  • fidoz said:

I've tried three times to get through the first episode of season 5. Please tell me it gets better.

Kinda. There's some highlights but it's mostly just repeatitive and/or focus'S on characters no one cares about.
  • Wrapping up ep 4 and I find the tension build up awesome. I know this show isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I'm loving this season so far!
    Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Just finished episode 3 and I'm in for the season. Really interested to see who wins the election and, if the Underwoods don't win, what the fallout will be. Also, you know Frank will get himself in some shit this season, as he always tends to do. And we've got Doug drinking again. Can't wait to see how it all turns out. Time to start ep. 4.
    gguenot
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
    Am I the only one who can't stand Tom? I hate that guy.
    Teresa from Concord
  • hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    edited June 4
    @Michelle You are not alone. I'm hoping for him to get Stamped out. Not a spoiler but just wishful thinking. Honestly, Stamper is the only plot keeping me going at this point. I'm through 8 episodes and it's just meh. Although, it has picked up a bit in the last few.
    Glad Crawford lost.  What a douche.  Of course, I should have expected he would, but a loss would have created an interesting arc for Frank & Claire.  Of course, with this Rachel/Zoe thing looming again...who knows.

And @hisdudeness915 yes!  He totally needs to 'disappear'.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    One nation, Underwood. Haha, this show. Now Francis is quoting Batman.
    gguenot
  • Liked the season. Not enough to make the subsequent episode threads
  • I hadn't watched the final episode of last season, so watching it first and then going straight into S5, ep1 really made things stand out a bit more. Initially, I thought I would like the governor running against Frank, but I realized that he and Frank are two sides of the same coin. I don't know (yet) if he's willing to go as far as Frank, but watching him slowly unravel, and the way he talks to his wife, there's a monster in there. He's not the reform candidate everyone thinks he is.

Doug is hanging on by a thread. He is trying to straddle the fence between good (the widow) and evil (Frank), and he is going to snap like a twig, soon.

I've lost interest in Remy's character since he laid down roots with Jackie. And I hate that. Because I was really rooting for him when he walked out like a badass from Frank.

Frank and Claire need to die. If this series doesn't end with their deaths, there is no justice.

(And yes, we are living in a House of Cards world right now.)