[SPOILERS] - Game of Thrones Might Have Spoiled A Shocking Death

cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
Possible spoilers here so get out if you don't wanna...

Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    To be fair, Game of Thrones or HBO didn't spoil anything. People only put that together because of leaked (potential) spoilers. At most, Game of Thrones may have accidentally confirmed some the leaked information in some peoples minds. Even then, there's a decent chance that it's just a cool knife prop they reused or copied from to give Arya a legit assassins blade. 99% of the fans wouldn't immediately recognize that knife or think twice about it. Maybe if it had a bad ass white wolf head pommel, everyone would instantly recognize it.

I also liked this part of the article:

Bran may recognize the dagger since a character known as the “catspaw assassin” tried to use it to kill him in Season 1.

^ No, no he wouldn't.
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN

there's a decent chance that it's just a cool knife prop they reused or copied from to give Arya a legit assassins blade. 99% of the fans wouldn't immediately recognize that knife or think twice about it. Maybe if it had a bad ass white wolf head pommel, everyone would instantly recognize it.

Funny that you mention the Wolf's Head pommel as being a prominent feature of a recognizable weapon, because they've made sure to make it visible in the picture of all the Stark children. What's also apparent, is that in both pictures Arya has her hand on the dagger. I doubt that, on this show, they would be careless enough to reuse a knife prop that just so happens to be the dagger that Little Finger used to start the whole Starks vs. Lannisters war in the first place. The dagger is a legitimate plot-point in the first season and the first book.

I do agree that they didn't spoil anything. It's easy to jump to "Arya kills Little Finger!" because this is, after all, Game of Thrones. However, that's certainly not the only way she could obtain that blade, it just seems the most obvious in fans' minds.

Finally, yeah, LOL at Bran recognizing the knife. He was still in a freaking coma when Cat foiled the attempt on his life.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    The only thing that would be shocking about Littlefinger's death is if they don't drag it out to the finale -- he's long overdue, imo. I'm just relieved that Arya still has Needle. As for Bran recognizing the dagger, well, he is a god now who has all the knowledge, right? He's seen things that he does not have context for, perhaps, and doesn't know precisely what to make of them, but maybe they'll sort it out.

I'm mostly super thrilled about the costuming, especially Arya looking full Stark and Jon with the direwolf gorget.
    Elisa
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • WarpFoxWarpFox Nashville, TN
    Oh yeah, good point about the Three Eyed Raven.

I'm definitely excited; mostly that we are now in uncharted waters, so to speak.
    Elisa
    Yeah, I'm sure Maisie Williams is so glad that she's no longer spending most of the seasons dressed like a dirt person.
    cdrive
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited June 1
    I'm still thinking theres a decent chance Littlefinger ends on the throne. I mean it fits GRRMs grim style and it definitely fits the "game" of thrones. If anyone is playing the game and playing it well. It's him.
    No Half Measures....
  • edited June 1
    poof
    Hatorian said:

I'm still thinking theres a decent chance Littlefinger ends on the throne. I mean it fits GRRMs grim style and it definitely fits the "game" of thrones. If anyone is playing the game and playing it well. It's him.

If it weren't for the White Walkers, the army of the dead, and dragons, he might have won it all. However, I believe LF is way out of his element now with supernatural forces at work.

Even without the dragons, the entirety of Westeros's depleted, war-torn armies couldn't realistically stop the army that Dany is bringing with her (I assume it will be similar in the books). The massive army that is all of Dothraki hordes combined (one horde by itself can be 40k) is enough to take Westeros by itself. Hell, Robert B. was deathly afraid of just one Khalisar crossing the narrow sea. 
    Then you add in the Unsullied, Dorne, and the Tyrells, and it's just laughable to think anyone but the Others and the army of the dead can stop her.
    The Lannisters might have 10k soldiers to call on, and the Vale may have around 8k. 
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited June 1

Hatorian said:

If it weren't for the White Walkers, the army of the dead, and dragons, he might have won it all. However, I believe LF is way out of his element now with supernatural forces at work.

Even without the dragons, the entirety of Westeros's depleted, war-torn armies couldn't realistically stop the army that Dany is bringing with her (I assume it will be similar in the books). The massive army that is all of Dothraki hordes combined (one horde by itself can be 40k) is enough to take Westeros by itself. Hell, Robert B. was deathly afraid of just one Khalisar crossing the narrow sea. 
    Then you add in the Unsullied, Dorne, and the Tyrells, and it's just laughable to think anyone but the Others and the army of the dead can stop her.
    The Lannisters might have 10k soldiers to call on, and the Vale may have around 8k. 
    Agreed. Littlefinger has planned everything so well but if anything is going to be is undoing it will be the whitewalkers. He's been so meticulous with everything but doesn't seem to have any play on how to manage the WW threat. I'd like to see his interaction with John this season to see if he actually has thought the WW threat is real or not. Wouldn't be surprised if he actually has been preparing for it though.

EDIT: I'd highly doubt someone like him isn't fully aware of Danny and her Dragons. Someone with his capability would surely be aware Danny has dragons and his coming to Westeros.

I'd also say that his plan would be to deteriorate every army even including the Vale. His stabbed everyone in the back so far. So why wouldn't he do the same to the Vale?
    No Half Measures....