Downward Dog on ABC Tuesdays

kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
Ok, this might not be the best show but if you got a dog this has to hit home somewhere.

I found myself laughing more at this show more than I do at most others.

What is it.
Girl(Allison Tolman from S1 Fargo) has dog. Dog breaks forth wall and talks about his understanding of how life works(ala The Office).
Pros: feels, lead girl is good, dog is a good boy,if you have a dog you can relate.
Cons rest of the cast goes from ok to real bad. How long can they stretch the story out. Dog says "like" too much on at least the pilot.
Travis

Comments

• I've been curious about it. Sepinwall and his new co-host gave it a kind of luke warm review, but ,y wife and I are dog lovers and Allison Tolman is awesome, and I was a really big Raising Hope fan so I'd like to see what Lucas Neff is up to. I'm glad you liked it. I'll give it a look.
    kingbee67
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    At my house one out of three dogs like this show. Skip the giant puppy loves it. He had his giant head right next to the screen. Watching the dogs every move. Bubbles and Ike haven't found it as interesting.
    Travis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    I thought it was good.  I like Allison Tolman, and I'm happy to see her in another primetime role.  Plus the dog is all kinds of adorable and I love the narration.  It's got an 'everyday dude' tone to it, and coupled with that cute dog it just works.  On top of that, I like Allison's arc in breaking down the stereotypes that her boss keeps wanting to take the company in.