Orphan Black Season 5 June 10

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
edited June 1 in Other TV
Who's excited? I still like this show even though it has some flaws. I am glad this is the last season though because otherwise I think it would just die on the vine. 
KingKobraElisaHollyoak
Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
akritenbrink on most social media

Comments

• Excited? I dunno, def happy it's about to be back though. I'm also happy that they'll be able to endnit on their terms.
    akritenbrink
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Last season was solid and so far the trailers have been pretty cool.  I am very excited to watch the final season.  FYI solo talk media does a really good podcast on this show. (Along with The Expanse and Killjoys).  
    akritenbrink
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Is the US schedule different to Canadania? I'd have thought they would get it at the same time.

I didn't like last season - I can't remember why now but I checked out and played with my phone a lot because I was bored. I'm hopeful this season holds my attention more.
    akritenbrink
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    IDK, I thought you guys were saying you were watching it months ago? or am I just totally losing it?

Angie Kritenbrink

• DeeDee Adelaide
    Last one I watched was S4. I think S5 is released this month? Damn, unless I missed a whole season?
  • Dee said:

Is the US schedule different to Canadania? I'd have thought they would get it at the same time.

I didn't like last season - I can't remember why now but I checked out and played with my phone a lot because I was bored. I'm hopeful this season holds my attention more.

Season 5 starts for us 6/10, not sure about up north though.
    Elisa
    edited June 1
    Damn it my title makes no sense now.
    EDIT: I fixed the title.

I thought there was an earlier British airing for some reason.

Angie Kritenbrink

Anyway, I did find last season perplexing- I am not sure if it was boring or I just lost the thread due to bad writing on their part. But I am still invested in the characters and am ready to ride it out to the end!

Who is your favorite clone?
    Elisa

Angie Kritenbrink

• hisdudeness915hisdudeness915 Atlanta, Ga
    I'm invested so I'll be watching. This show infuriates me at times but about the time I'm gonna nope out, it reels me back in. I thought last season was pretty good until the finale. I don't remember details but I just remember not liking it at the time.
    Elisa

Anyway, I did find last season perplexing- I am not sure if it was boring or I just lost the thread due to bad writing on their part. But I am still invested in the characters and am ready to ride it out to the end!

Who is your favorite clone?
    My fav clone is definitely Allison. I love her quirkiness and her and Donnie crack me up. Cosima is my least fav and I don't really know why. Maybe because I can't stand Delphine. Sarah can be a total shit too, though. I wanted to give her a piece of my mind last season when she was treating Felix like shit.
    akritenbrinkElisa
    I really don't get why Cosima would ever trust Delphine. And all the Cosima-Delphine shippers- NO! Delphine was a spy and she was always working for the bad guys!

I like Sarah and Krystal. I loved when Krystal told Sarah she was a 7 on a good day. The scenes with Krystal in the baby factory were the best. Allison and Donnie are super funny too.
    Elisahisdudeness915

Angie Kritenbrink

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    My faves are Alison and Cosima. That said I don't really ship her with Delphine much. Cosima had some great emotional scenes last season. Alison is just hilarious - ms prim and proper.
    akritenbrinkDeehisdudeness915
    Elisa said:

My faves are Alison and Cosima. That said I don't really ship her with Delphine much. Cosima had some great emotional scenes last season. Alison is just hilarious - ms prim and proper.

Prim and proper with a lot seething underneath haha
    Elisa

Angie Kritenbrink

Sarah could give Lori Grimes a run for her money in the worst mother contest. My wife and I almost started a drinking game for all the bad decisions she made in the first couple seasons especially.
    akritenbrink

Sarah could give Lori Grimes a run for her money in the worst mother contest. My wife and I almost started a drinking game for all the bad decisions she made in the first couple seasons especially.

I think Carrie Matheson has her beat by a long shot though haha. At least they have Siobhan (sp?) to keep an eye on things.

Angie Kritenbrink

So, I've watched the first two episodes and I am confused about WTF is going on, of course. Is everyone we used to hate now someone we're supposed to like? Is Rachel a good guy now? Are we letting children decide who the good guys and the bad guys are?? 

I'm glad Helena's babies weren't killed by the stick though.
    Elisa

Angie Kritenbrink

• ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Supposedly Rachel met PT Westmoreland and has now found purpose.  She wants to unite all clones in a safe, secluded island where they can find the cure for clone cancer and extend lives.  She also wants to experiment on Kira and find out what makes her special.  But she needs ALL the clones together or on a leash.

That said, there was mentioning of human cloning, Delphine with secrets and with a crazy Ferdinand on the use, he may want a Helsinki revival.  

I don't trust Rachel, I don't trust Art's new partner, I don't trust Westmoreland and I don't trust Delphine. 

• So, I've watched the first two episodes and I am confused about WTF is going on, of course. Is everyone we used to hate now someone we're supposed to like? Is Rachel a good guy now? Are we letting children decide who the good guys and the bad guys are?? 

C'mon now are you that easily fooled? Rachel et all of the bad guys have said their doing "good" for the most part. Rachel was looking for guidance, which she found in PT, that doesn't mean she isn't being manipulated or that she isnt manipulating.
    Elisa
    KingKobra said:

So, I've watched the first two episodes and I am confused about WTF is going on, of course. Is everyone we used to hate now someone we're supposed to like? Is Rachel a good guy now? Are we letting children decide who the good guys and the bad guys are?? 

C'mon now are you that easily fooled? Rachel et all of the bad guys have said their doing "good" for the most part. Rachel was looking for guidance, which she found in PT, that doesn't mean she isn't being manipulated or that she isnt manipulating.
    Right, I was being sarcastic. Forgot the #sarcasm tag haha. This kind of stuff is why I am glad it's the last season. I think the plot has gotten away from the showrunners a little bit. I get why Rachel would change this way (whether it's legit or not) but why Siobhan is going along with Kira's wishes, I don't get at all. She's the most cynical of everyone in this group. And there's no way in hell I trust this "Revival" situation. And Ferdinand seems like a different person each time we see him. Why is Art going along with this Neo stuff so easily all of a sudden? Did I just forget something in the gap between seasons that would make this all make sense? haha.

I'm just in it for the characters at this point. And I need me some Krystal ASAP!

Angie Kritenbrink

• edited June 19
    @akritenbrink re Art, they threatened his daughter/family (they showed this in the scene in car).

As far as going "with Dyad" when all of your options have been taken, you sometimes have to step back and re-evaluate to find a new hole.
    akritenbrinkElisa
    KingKobra said:

@akritenbrink re Art, they threatened his daughter/family (they showed this in the scene in car).

As far as going "with Dyad" when all of your options have been taken, you sometimes have to step back and re-evaluate to find a new hole.

Right, and I thought that's what they were doing when they were doing Mika's getaway plan but then the kid is like "I don't want to leave" and everyone is just like... Oh OK. ??? lol

Angie Kritenbrink

• KingKobra said:

Right, and I thought that's what they were doing when they were doing Mika's getaway plan but then the kid is like "I don't want to leave" and everyone is just like... Oh OK. ??? lol
    She wasn't complaint and would have drawn unwanted attention (IMO). Would be much harder to move. Sarah wasn't OK with it, Mrs S was the only one really saying anything. Maybe I just read scene differently.
    KingKobra said:

KingKobra said:

She wasn't complaint and would have drawn unwanted attention (IMO). Would be much harder to move. Sarah wasn't OK with it, Mrs S was the only one really saying anything. Maybe I just read scene differently.
    Sarah wasn't OK with it but she went along with it. IDK, it doesn't matter any more, I am not expecting this show to make sense this season haha
    Brieanne

Angie Kritenbrink

• KingKobra said:

KingKobra said:

Sarah wasn't OK with it but she went along with it. IDK, it doesn't matter any more, I am not expecting this show to make sense this season haha
    Did she have a choice? Kira wouldn't get in truck, Mrs S was telling her to "let it go". Sarah was between a rock and a hard place with the cards stacked against her. She tried to force it and failed.

KingKobra said:

KingKobra said:

KingKobra said:

Did she have a choice? Kira wouldn't get in truck, Mrs S was telling her to "let it go". Sarah was between a rock and a hard place with the cards stacked against her. She tried to force it and failed.

I don't know. I am not a parent so I guess I really don't know what you do when your kid is doing that kind of stuff. I just thought it was a crazy shift from "We have to flee to the point where we can never come back" to "Oh, well, OK, kid, as long as you trust Rachel..."

Angie Kritenbrink

• @akritenbrink yeah, I didn't read it like that at all (Sarah stopping the escape).
    How did you see it?

Angie Kritenbrink

• Def not as nonchalant as you have put it. She tried to force it and Kira was fighting back hard. Compound this to later on when they are actually on the run and this would cause major issues. She basically begrudgingly "gave in", she was NOT happy/OK with it however. She just readjusted her process to fit the new situation. She also didn't have any backup for her leaving, which didn't help at all.
    Well, it's better this way anyway since they could "never come back." 

Angie Kritenbrink