Fingers crossed the guys love WW

edited June 1 in Movies
Looking forward to the review, Jim & a.Ron!

Comments

• All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I'm almost certain that at least A.Ron will be positive about it.
    ChiefPizza
  • I loved it. A few problems with the villain, but fuck it. Gal Gadot kicked ass.
  • The movie was amazing. Sure u can nitpick like with any superhero movie but in the end the direction, the performances, the emotion of the story and the awesome heroics make it 1 of the best superhero movies ive seen.
  • P.s. not to mention the importance of this film for females and the direct impact its going to have on the film industry r huge. First femle directed superhero movie, first female led in the modern era of these movies and the first time a female director has been give $100 million to direct ANY movie. Then for it to be such high quality and change the public perception of the dceu. Yeah
    ChiefPizza
  • I just listened to the podcast. glad the guys liked it I think they're gonna like aquaman because it's directed by James Wan, and I remember A-ron really liking his work and they both really liked insidious chapters 1 and 2.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Seeing it in a few hours. I rarely see superhero movies but I've got to catch this one because #girlpower.
  • Thought it was pretty dope
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    I really enjoyed it and so did my wife.. Then again, I'm an easy sell for any of the comic book movie, sci-fi, fantasy, etc.

No Mans Land was inspirational.
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    I'm out of the theatre and I'm pumped as hell, ready to wreck every dude from here to my doorstep I swear to God.

In my opinion, it was a flawed but fantastic film. As with nearly all superhero movies I have ever seen (admittedly not that many), the plot starts to run away with itself in the final third and genre cliches that I simply don't enjoy come in to play.

Spoilers....

I would have absolutely loved it if there had been no Ares at all like Chris Pine suggested, that she just helped them win the war in a more 'human' way. It was the switcheroo Ares reveal that had me rolling my eyes, along with the final battle with all of his summoned metal armour and stuff. It might work for fans who enjoy that sort of genre trope but it's just not something I'm here for. Perhaps that's why I like Batman best of all, because he's just a rich dude with hella gadgets and things never get too godly/magicy/fantasy.

That being said, I loved everything on her home island, I loved everything in London and I loved everything abroad before the Ares reveal. Gal Gadot was great.
  • I agree with your statement about no Ares. It would have been a great character moment for WW.