Lindelof uncertain on how fans will react to final scene - Spent weeks figuring it out

Damon Lindelof chats about the final scene of the series finale in the EW Twin peaks Podcast.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/01/leftovers-finale/

“I find it to be immensely satisfying and true to the show,” he says. “But it’s possible that the audience will have an entirely different reaction to it.”
Michelle

Comments

• kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    Sharpening my pitch fork ATM.
    iMatty94darwinfeeshyDummy
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I hope the whole episode is just a shot of a scientist in a blank room who sits down and calmly and meticulously explains every mystery in the show and at the end he gets up and says is that what you wanted you ungrateful fucks, then fade to black. After the episode Lindelof posts on his Instagram a picture of him holding a drink in one hand with the middle finger in the other with the announcement he's retired and deletes all his social media accounts.
    phoenyx1023iMatty94BenjamindarwinfeeshyDummy
  • kingbee67 said:

Sharpening my pitch fork ATM.

As he whispers *lindelof, don't fuck it up*
  • Damon Lindelof chats about the final scene of the series finale in the EW Twin peaks Podcast.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/06/01/leftovers-finale/

“I find it to be immensely satisfying and true to the show,” he says. “But it’s possible that the audience will have an entirely different reaction to it.”

He also said, don't go reading everything so that you get your "own viewpoint" (something like that)!on The Watch Podcast. He seems happy with what he's done, but he knows he can't please everyone.

• I won't be happy unless they Awnser the biggest mystery. After the fight with Jill. What happened to Amy?
    HatorianDummykingbee67Michael
  • edited June 4
    The episode ends with Nora bursting into the Australian PM's office to find a dog in a suit behind a desk, with his paw pressing the nuclear launch button.
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    I guess we'll figure out in about 11 hours. I feel like there should be some kind of countdown clock.
    voodoorathisdudeness915
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    edited June 4
    More like 10 and a half hours! ...

(I guess the ending specifically won't be for another 11 and a half hours, so nevermind)
  • ThomasThomas North Carolina
    I hope it ends with Richard Jenkins and Bradley Whitford at a control station arguing over whether the better bet is on the merman or zombies.  Sigourney Weaver's voice can make a guest appearance explaining how the departed had to disappear to satisfy the gods.  I could dig that mind fuck. 
  • I predicted, towards the end of the episode, that the final shot would be Kevin and Nora embracing in front of the pigeon coop as they all flew around them, returning at last.  The actual last shot was way more subtle, and probably better for it, lol.