Bald Movies - The Fugitive

DrKenDrKen Chicago
Thanks for the podcast, guys.  I really enjoyed it.  Thought it was a very fun one.

I don't hear the word "Hinky" very often but that joke about the Chicago River really hit home.  I walked over that river every day and the thing is by default green year-round.  Just not a very lovely shade.

I also loved the scene where Kimble calls Tommy Lee Jones from the one-armed man's apartment.  I always enjoy watching that although I cannot believe he would be able to get away from that place without getting caught.

Thanks again.  Great job.
hisdudeness915

Comments

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I'm SO EXCITED to listen to this, you guys!! The Fugitive is one of my favorite non-star wars Harrison Ford movies!
  • DrKenDrKen Chicago
    Also, Justified's own Art, makes a hairy early appearance mocking US Marshals.
    A_Ron_Hubbard
  • Agree with Dr Ken, this was a great cast!
  • DrKen, my favorite line is from that scene where Kimble calls the Marshalls.

I'm not trying to solve a puzzle here.

Well, I am trying to solve a puzzle. And I just found a big piece.
    DrKen
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Not enough police sketch artist talk! 
    JoshuaHeter
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    listened to this before i went to bed last night and had a very vivid dream of being a fugitive on the run. Except I was being chased by some sort of hideous monster cop. 
  • Hatorian said:

...Except I was being chased by some sort of hideous monster cop. 

Sooo.... Tommy Lee Jones?

HatorianKingKobra
  • Haven't seen the Fugitive yet but listened to the cast. I HAVE seen US Marshalls and sounds like the same exact plot lol
  • ^^^^^That's a sequel to the fugitive!^^^^^
  • sean.ray said:

^^^^^That's a sequel to the fugitive!^^^^^

Haha I know and I've been wanting to watch the Fugitive but now I know it's pretty much the same premise lol
  • Pavkey88Pavkey88 Florida, the home of beautiful beaches and meth addicted face-eaters
    Great cast as always guys. Was cracking up when you started talking about sketch artists. 

Here's a great example of how much they suck (or people suck at describing each other)

• I want to comment on Gerard being an asshole. He probably is very tough to work for but I'm sure he cultivates an atmosphere of loyalty and psychic reward. I work with a person in my organization who is super smart, charismatic, and a key leader and decision-maker. But he's also a tell-it-as-it-is asshole, no nonsense and demands top effort.

He has people that have worked for him for years. They all work hard for him and don't want to let him down. Whenever I have to help him I give top effort because I fear letting him down. But he's not an asshole all the time. He's smart like that... he will shoot the shit with you at times, he will make you feel part of his team (I.e. "You're my guy"), he will open a informal line of communication to make you feel important. He is protective to his people and will defend them, and he is loyal to them. When he praises or rewards his people on rare occasions they feel an immense sense of pride and accomplishment.

I see this in Gerard. This movie did a fabulous job of portraying an asshole, nononse, smart leader who also has a human element to him and people that will loyally follow him, and they tenaciously get the job done. This is a real thing. It's not necessarily a bad thing depending on the circumstances. You know it's going to be tough working for Gerard, but you will learn a lot and experience success at the highest level, even at the expense of working yourself around the clock or the risk of losing your hearing or even your life.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, you have a point.  Gerard's leadership is very much kicking ass from the front, which does wonders to inspire loyalty.  I guess I feel like Gerard wouldn't ever ask of someone what he wouldn't ask from himself 2x.  
  • sean.ray said:

DrKen, my favorite line is from that scene where Kimble calls the Marshalls.

I'm not trying to solve a puzzle here.

Well, I am trying to solve a puzzle. And I just found a big piece.

Think one of the best lines is:

Dr. Richard Kimble: I didn't kill my wife

Samuel Gerard: I don't care

Just love it, because Gerard's character really shouldn't care.  He's out to retrieve and capture Kimble and that's it.  That's what his job is.

TaraC73