Lawn Mowers

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
edited June 10 in General
We had a lawn mower discussion several weeks ago- I wanted to share that I ended up buying this one- I got a discounted new model from the manufacturer (I bought mine on eBay), probably because it's a 2015 model I think. I got the one with the caster wheels, we'll see how it does.

ghm3
Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
akritenbrink on most social media

Comments

• Nice, I was considering that one too. I ended up getting this one, I have a fairly small lawn had been working well so far. It's really nice how much lighter and quieter it is than a gas more. Only problem is it looks like a cool race car to my 2 year old and he wants to ride it around!

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-20-in-40-Volt-Brushless-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Battery-Push-Mower-with-5-0-Ah-Battery-RY40180/206481611
    akritenbrink
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    @MrX that's the one that was recommended - @A_Ron_Hubbard has that one. I was looking at it too  but they all went out of stock while I was making up my mind (this all started because I had a guy who mowed but he quit, and the other guys who I found all wanted to charge a lot more). So I decided since I had to order one, I would look around and found this one. The battery has a bit more power and I like the idea of the caster wheels (let's see how they work IRL) and with the discount it was the same price. 
    MrX

Angie Kritenbrink

• Ah, I missed the OG thread, glad I have the officially unofficial A.Ron endorsed model, lol. Bought it kind of on a whim because my local Home Depot had one in stock and previously had been hard to find one I could pickup locally.
    akritenbrink
    MrX said:

Ah, I missed the OG thread, glad I have the officially unofficial A.Ron endorsed model, lol. Bought it kind of on a whim because my local Home Depot had one in stock and previously had been hard to find one I could pickup locally.

It was on a Lunch several weeks ago. He mentioned during the Lunch podcast that he had a new lawn mower and then I asked some questions in the thread and there was a whole discussion.

Angie Kritenbrink

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    My dad said I should ask Ryobi for an endorsement deal. Hahaha. On that note, I should mention that it's currently Ryobi Days at Home Depot, their 99 dollar drill / driver set comes with a BOGO offer on any tool of equal or lesser value, and their entire inventory is 20 percent off. Act now while supplies last!
    akritenbrink
  • kingbee67kingbee67 Los Angeles Ca.
    edited June 12
    The one thing I love about my Toro mower is the self driving wheels. Definitely a deal breaker.
  • edited June 11
    Nice! Last year I got a kit with a cordless Worx weed eater and leaf blower with two batteries at Lowe's for like $120, great little tools for the price. And just two months ago I also switched to a cordless electric push mower; I got this EGO 20" push mower at Home Depot:

There was a nice looking Stihl one that came out recently that I was originally interested in but none of my local Stihl dealers had any. I'm super happy with the EGO though, the build quality is excellent and I especially love how these new electric mowers fold up compactly, it makes it perfect for storing in my small garage, my old gas one had a smaller deck but took up twice the footprint.

akritenbrink

Yeah I'm excited about that too. We only have one car so theoretically w should have plenty of room in the garage but... We don't lol

Angie Kritenbrink