Director: Minkie Spiro
Writers: Gordon Smith

Comments

• calebthrowercalebthrower South Carolina
    Howard dropping a bomb on Chuck
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    This much stress can't be good for Kim.
    That many pairs of shoes can't be inexpensive, Jimmy's really going in hard for this settlement cash. I guess there's a argument to be made that the old people might not actually live long enough to see the longer settlement with more money and the quick cash might be all they need, but he's really kind of just a greedy bastard at the end of the day.
    Howard is having a series of no good, very bad days. All courtesy of the McGill brothers.
    Murderbear
    Well that was surprising, but not unexpected.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Jesus, that ending. I was thinking how exhausted Kim looks and she could fall aslee--
    Excellent editing. So many alliances made and broken this episode. Jimmy can be sweet, but he is such a bastard. I hated him for what he was doing to poor Irene. 

I saw Laura Fraser recently in the second season of The Missing playing such a different character. I kind of missed her barely-keeping-it-together Lydia Rodarte-Quayle. She is utterly delightful --- it's like her entire mouth closes in between each word. 

@Alkaid13 Gosh, I used to have a few pairs of MBT (and Fit Flops -- gawd!) back in the day. They were popular with Upper West Side types and Bliss Spa hounds. My boyfriend joked me so hard about them, but I dunno, I thought they worked. They ran around $300 then, so I gasped when I saw Jimmy's trunk. I don't know that I would recommend them to elderly people. They're so high and wobbly, I'd be worried about someone losing their balance and breaking their ankle or hip. Again, what a jerk.

DaveyMacFlashGordonMurderbearKingKobraMelonusk
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
    The medicine rope-a-dope, I guess Hector's made of sturner stuff, expecting him to bite it on the first flare up sans real medicine is pretty high hopes I suppose, though if we don't end this season when him in or entering a wheel chair state I'll be a little upset.
  • That was hard to watch. All that old lady wanted was to be around friends and share common interests, and Jimmy took it away from her so he could keep his freaking office. I couldn't even look at the screen when that lady was crying. Don't get me wrong, that was a great episode....but fucking hell.
    kingbee67mwspiakUnderwoodiMatty94MurderbearDani_ArmindoKingKobraMelonusk
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Poor Irene. :-(
    FlashGordonUnderwood
  • The first thing I thought when I saw Kim this episode, was "Jesus, Kim, get some sleep." As someone who has unfortunately fallen asleep at the wheel (no one hurt thankfully), I was super uncomfortable watching that last scene. And the editing perfectly fit what it feels like to be in that situation. "I'll just close my eyes for a second..."

And man this whole episode was a bummer to watch. All of these call backs to the fun Jimmy of season 1 took a dark turn really fast and it was just miserable watching him do this to Irene. People have been itching for Saul and the writers gave him to us and it didn't feel good. (And that's not a criticism.)

And then Goddamn Chuck.

And Nacho and his dad...

This episode is aptly titled. 
    AntManBeeThe_Third_ManDeebrr8760Dani_Armindo
  • Dummy said:

That was hard to watch. All that old lady wanted was to be around friends and share common interests, and Jimmy took it away from her so he could keep his freaking office. I couldn't even look at the screen when that lady was crying. Don't get me wrong, that was a great episode....but fucking hell.

Honestly it's worse than that. Kim came and offered to cover the bills so jimmy didn't have to do this sort of stuff. Jimmy screwed over these people for his pride and to save face with kim.
    Dummy
  • Well I guess an episode titled "Fall" wasn't going to really be all that uplifting.

That car crash was a good callback to the episode earlier this season where Kim set her alarm in the car for a quick nap and then the jump-cut to it going off and her waking up with a shock. Clearly they've been putting in those little touches throughout the season that were leading Kim to this.
    DaveyMacJoshuaHeterFlashGordonThe_Third_ManMelonusk
  • FlashGordonFlashGordon Leeds, UK
    edited June 13
    O god, I was looking forward to Jimmy's fall, I couldn't wait for the set of circumstances to drag him into the criminal underworld, but this was painful to watch.

I don't know if it even needed Jimmy talking to her, the showing of Irene's shunning has made me feel more uncomfortable than I have for a long time watching a show.

The just cons of the past, juxtaposed against this packs a punch and validates why it always felt a little too easy with targets that deserved it- because otherwise Jimmy wouldn't do it, Saul however would.
    Smokey, this is not 'Nam. This is bowling. There are rules
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Wow, that was brutal.  The edit on Kim's accident was an echo of her "five minute nap." 

If only there was some sort of chemical substance she could ingest that would improve her wakefulness and give her boundless energy.
    FlashGordon
    Natter Cast - Television Worth Talking About
    www.nattercast.com
  • Every moment Jimmy was manipulating his former clients to get his share of the settlement got me fuming. I've largely been agnostic on this argument but after this, fuck Jimmy!
    emnofseattle
  • emnofseattleemnofseattle Mason County, Washington USA
    Alkaid13 said:

That many pairs of shoes can't be inexpensive, Jimmy's really going in hard for this settlement cash. I guess there's a argument to be made that the old people might not actually live long enough to see the longer settlement with more money and the quick cash might be all they need, but he's really kind of just a greedy bastard at the end of the day.

Chuck has redeemed himself #fuckjimmy and I can't believe Jimmy could talk his way out of trouble with the bar.

and does anyone actually know any old ladies? "well jimmy said" "hey jimmy stopped by" there would be no secrecy between irene and the other ladies. 

Wow, that was brutal.  The edit on Kim's accident was an echo of her "five minute nap." 

If only there was some sort of chemical substance she could ingest that would improve her wakefulness and give her boundless energy.

I wonder if Gus needs a lawyer..... 
  • Anyone recognize that song for the montage during the mall scene? Can't put my finger on if
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited June 14
    @ghm3

Nice. I don't recognize the title at all, but I've heard the tune before
  • AjasAjas Seattle, WA
    Never thought I'd see Jimmy succeed so much in doing right for his clients while Kim completely screws hers over.
  • The way Kim was going this episode, I knew something bad was going to happen to her and even thought that maybe by series end, she could possibly die somehow and maybe that's why we never hear anything about her in the BB universe.  I know my wife also spotted the No Doz (or whatever the exact name for the caffeine pills that some people take) that were in Kim's car earlier in the episode (my wife spotted them).  Think it's in the scene where Kim barely stops her car from crashing into whatever the machine was.

As for Jimmy, just felt terrible watching how he manipulated the elderly there and purposely alienated Irene from her friends.  Just a total dick move on his part and was kind of glad that Howard called him out on it with regards to Jimmy needing the money.  Also, I'd have to guess that Jimmy just simply returned all of the shoes that he didn't use.  Figured he just bought 1 of every size to cover himself and then once Irene gave him her shoe size, he simply returned the other shoes back to the store. 

Definitely knew that Chuck was too proud to retire and was surprised that Howard just assumed that Chuck would cave.  Don't know exactly how law firms work but figured there would be a way to force Chuck out if there are any other partner levels or something.  Additionally, I don't quite understand the logic how every lawyer in the firm would have their insurance double just because of Chuck.  I think the play would be to push it to just have Chuck's rate rise and that's it. 

brr8760
  • @gguenot Yeah I didn't recognize it by name or tune, I just used Shazam

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Seriously, fuck Jimmy for messing with Irene like that. This episode was completely devoid of any joy or levity.
  • gguenot said:

@ghm3

Nice. I don't recognize the title at all, but I've heard the tune before

The Insider Podcast has their music supervisor on this week, if you wanted to hear some insight into how they make musical choices (including that song) in the show.

The way Kim was going this episode, I knew something bad was going to happen to her and even thought that maybe by series end, she could possibly die somehow and maybe that's why we never hear anything about her in the BB universe.  I know my wife also spotted the No Doz (or whatever the exact name for the caffeine pills that some people take) that were in Kim's car earlier in the episode (my wife spotted them).  Think it's in the scene where Kim barely stops her car from crashing into whatever the machine was.

As for Jimmy, just felt terrible watching how he manipulated the elderly there and purposely alienated Irene from her friends.  Just a total dick move on his part and was kind of glad that Howard called him out on it with regards to Jimmy needing the money.  Also, I'd have to guess that Jimmy just simply returned all of the shoes that he didn't use.  Figured he just bought 1 of every size to cover himself and then once Irene gave him her shoe size, he simply returned the other shoes back to the store. 

Definitely knew that Chuck was too proud to retire and was surprised that Howard just assumed that Chuck would cave.  Don't know exactly how law firms work but figured there would be a way to force Chuck out if there are any other partner levels or something.  Additionally, I don't quite understand the logic how every lawyer in the firm would have their insurance double just because of Chuck.  I think the play would be to push it to just have Chuck's rate rise and that's it. 

There is, you have to buy out a partner to get rid of them. Since chuck owns a share of the business as a partner he's entitled to a portion of the business so that portion would have to be sold to Howard. And Howard doesn't have that money
  • When Irene was crying after the Bingo heart, it really stabbed me in the heart. Dang you Jimmy
    I guess Howard could theoretically try to get Chuck forced out on mental illness claims and not pay him off but seeing as Chuck seems to be on a generally (if slowly) upward trend I don't think that would work too well. I felt bad for Howard in earlier seasons for all the shit he had to take from the McGill bros. but he really has turned out be an asshole this season and a lot of this is his own fault. #fuckHoward, also #fuckJimmy for that blatant display of elder abuse. I swear if at the end of this series I'm rooting for Chuck to beat Jimmy I don't know what I'll do but it looks like it might actually go that way.
  • N8Nole Tallahassee, Florida
    edited June 14
    Did I miss it or did Nacho tell his Papa that he is working for Salamanca again? I wonder if his dad has known the whole time about his side business which means Papa is going to go bye bye
  • Natter CastNatter Cast San Francisco, CA
    Official prediction from the Ozymandias file:

Jimmy didn't remove the crooked bingo balls from the machine. Irene's former friends will discover that the game was rigged and they will turn on her worse than before. This will be too much for Irene to bear and she will take her life. The rest of the elder community will know that Jimmy cheated for Irene and they will turn their backs on him. The inheritor of Irene's class leadership will convince the group to wait for the larger payout. Jimmy will have lost everything he has built and will drive an innocent woman to suicide...all for nothing.
    brr8760
    Natter Cast - Television Worth Talking About
    www.nattercast.com