BATTLESTAR GALACTICA’S RONALD D. MOORE ADMITS: CYLONS DID NOT HAVE A PLAN

Comments

• Maybe the cylons didn't but the Russians certainly do.

trippyElisa
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited June 14

Nah they had a plan.

Elisaalexander.klassenHalokitty
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    edited June 14
    MrX said:

Nah they had a plan.

EXACTLY! I enjoyed "The Plan" but the big takeaway was that the plan was nothing more than Bender's catchphrase. Everything after the initial attack on the colonies was seat-of-the-pants flying.
    Elisa
  • When i say kill all humans I always whisper except one. Gaius was that one. And I never told him so.

By the way, he knows about farming.

Frakkin THalokitty
    Schlupp said:

When i say kill all humans I always whisper except one. Gaius was that one. And I never told him so.

By the way, he knows about farming.

Gaius Baltar has to be one of the most interesting TV characters ever. Such a bad guy but hard to hate and so much fun to watch him squirm
    ElisaCory
  • JaimieTJaimieT Atlanta, GA
    I still say "Hang me" and think of him. This show is due for a rewatch.
    trippy
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    I HATED him the first time I watched it, I hated his whole plotline, hated the unexplained of what Head Six was and hated the eventual explanation.

Have re-watched all but the last few episodes over the last 18 months (following with an old podcast) and have absolutely loved his entire story-line and character.
    Cory said:

hated the unexplained of what Head Six was and hated the eventual explanation.

..the thing about this is that the explanation of head six was exactly what she said all along: she's an angel of god. i know a lot of people didn't like that BSG took a hard position on the existence of god but i thought it made a lot of sense in-universe and ended up being really brilliant. 
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    @Frakkin T I so loved Baltar, the lack of him in later seasons is one of the big reasons why they aren't as good.
  • StephenStephen New York
    In retrospect, it's not that surprising. After all, the Cylons were the living(?) embodiment of "Fake it 'til you make it."
  • Well, they did have a fracking plan, they just didn't get to the details in time to cast a vote.
    Frakkin T
  • edited July 12
    What? You mean all their weird meandering wasn't a clear and decisive plan?
    Frakkin T