I keep falling asleep listening to bald move

No of course it's not me finding you guys boring. I don't know what is it but I usually lay down and listen to most of the podcasts and keep falling asleep and waking up with my phone next to me.

What do you guys make of this?

Comments

• Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    That you are tired?
    KingKobraCretanBullhisdudeness915iMatty94CoryAll the ChickensMichelleemnofseattleMurderbear
  • The guys have embedded some subliminal messaging that causes drowsiness. And if you play all of the podcasts backwards you can hear the devil speaking
    iMatty94akritenbrinkMichelleduncanpowersceburaska
  • Podcasts are a modern Version of campfire talk so I guess its something primal. Sort of. :-) 
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited June 14
    its a comfort thing, you've been listening to their voices for so long that it becomes soothing.  I fall asleep listening to them all the time.  I actually wish they would just release some audio of them reading bed time stories, better than counting sheep :-)

Edit:  actually my next Lunch question will be to ask @A_Ron_Hubbard to recite "Goodnight Moon"
    iMatty94TravistrippyMichelleduncanpowers
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Think you answered your own question when you said "I laid down". Many people fall asleep watching TV laying down but you don't even have anything to keep your eyes on. Simply listen. When I was a kid I always had trouble sleeping so my mom would read me books and it knocked me out.
    TravisMichelle
    No Half Measures....
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I've heard several people fall asleep and then get awaken by me screaming or us laughing.  I used to fall asleep to podcasts more often, but I switched to falling asleep reading my kindle recently.  It's easier to pick back up than a podcast that keeps on playing.
    KingKobraMichelleduncanpowers
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    Some people have ASMR triggers from many different things. I would say a podcast of two people calmly talking (for the most part) is one of the most common and least weird triggers I've heard of.
    TravisMichelle
  • I've heard several people fall asleep and then get awaken by me screaming or us laughing.  I used to fall asleep to podcasts more often, but I switched to falling asleep reading my kindle recently.  It's easier to pick back up than a podcast that keeps on playing.

They most recert was last night's leftovers wrapup, I listened to what I think was the rest this afternoon.
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    It's probably all the pot
    Vasilnate1FlashGordonOldGriswoldMichelleiMatty94duncanpowers
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I fall asleep every night listening to Bob's Burgers.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Do you have dreams where they are talking? That's what happens if I fall asleep with any kind of audio on.
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

Dee said:

I fall asleep every night listening to Bob's Burgers.

H. Jon Benjamin has such a buttery voice,  very soothing and calming
    Dee
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    @Vasilnate1 Hahaha, yeah - not so much Louise and Gene though.
    Frakkin T
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    Dee said:

@Vasilnate1 Hahaha, yeah - not so much Louise and Gene though.

Funny, the guy who plays Gene (Eugene Mirman) is an occasional co-host on Star Talk Radio and I love falling asleep to that one
    DeeVasilnate1

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• So if I'm hearing everyone correctly, it sounds like we need a Bald Move Slumber Party
    Vasilnate1MichelleiMatty94duncanpowers
  • Will we dream?
    trippyA_Ron_Hubbard
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    @A_Ron_Hubbard should do a version of Jeff Bridges' Sleeping Tapes.
    Vasilnate1iMatty94
    Yeah? Well, y'know... that's just like uh... your opinion, man.
    gguenot said:

So if I'm hearing everyone correctly, it sounds like we need a Bald Move Slumber Party

I'll pass.LOL
    Michelle

Angie Kritenbrink

• MichelleMichelle California

gguenot said:

So if I'm hearing everyone correctly, it sounds like we need a Bald Move Slumber Party

I'll pass.LOL
    Oh, come on! You know it'd be Game of Thrones, booze, and the obligatory hookers & blow. That's just a good time for all. Plus, PJ's! lol

(Totally kidding. I don't do blow.) :)
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • trippytrippy Saint Louis
    Schlupp said:

Will we dream?

well played
    _____
    Nothing says 'This situation is serious' like a corpse on the floor.
    -Anon.
    Michelle said:

gguenot said:

I'll pass.LOL
    Oh, come on! You know it'd be Game of Thrones, booze, and the obligatory hookers & blow. That's just a good time for all. Plus, PJ's! lol

Just hookers, @Michelle? LOL
    Michelle

Angie Kritenbrink

• MichelleMichelle California
    Ha, oh man... I was looking up male hooker pics online and none of them were good. Then they showed a pic of John Stamos. I'll take it. lol
    akritenbrink
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • OldGriswoldOldGriswold Brooklyn
    Michelle said:

gguenot said:

I'll pass.LOL

It's times like this I wish I was good with Photoshop
    Michelle
    Yeah? Well, y'know... that's just like uh... your opinion, man.
  • michielterlouw Helsinki
    edited June 18
    I intentionally start listening to a Bald Move podcast at night because it makes it easier to fall asleep. I usually don't even make it to the recap part of the episode....

(note: and then I re-listen the next morning on my way to work)
    edited June 18

I intentionally start listening to a Bald Move podcast at night because it makes it easier to fall asleep. I usually don't even make it to the recap part of the episode....

As long as you download the episode @Jim dosnt care if you listen or not, all about those download numbers! ;-)

gguenot said:

I know I look like I should, but I don't snore.
    Michelle
  • gguenot said:

I know I look like I should, but I don't snore.
    But you do say Hmmmm a lot in your sleep
    I have been told by reliable sources that I do in fact talk in my sleep.  Apparently I like to make angry interjections about science, history, and political topics.
    akritenbrinkKingKobraJaimieTMichelle
  • <Aron in the middle of the night> No, how about YOU tell Napoleon that Russia is a bad idea

I have been told by reliable sources that I do in fact talk in my sleep.  Apparently I like to make angry interjections about science, history, and political topics.

But is @Jim there to say ".... OK?...." Cause if not, it doesn't count.
    gguenotMichelle

Angie Kritenbrink