Shutter Island

ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
Apologies, if there is already a thread on the Shutter Island podcast.
And double apologies that I don't have anything particularly interesting or revelatory to talk about, as I just wanted to say how much I liked the soundtrack. As it was partly scored by Max Richter, who also did the Leftovers, I was a little surprised that the chaps didn't mention this.
But above all I want to promote the wonderful Richer/ Dinah Washington song This Bitter Earth. Just a mind blowing collaboration. So much so that when I heard the Washington original I found it a bit lacklustre. And far too postive. The Richter version is ambivalent at best, even with the final upbeat line.

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, I had no idea. If I had no known I would have mentioned it, of course. Very cool, especially since this soundtrack is so big and the Leftovers is so small.
    ceburaska
  • ceburaskaceburaska London, England, United Kingdom, European Union (but not for long)
    @A_Ron_Hubbard please check out the Bitter Earth mash up. It is astonishing.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    I read the book before I saw the movie (both years ago when the movie came out), and I seem to recall the book ending was much more ambiguous about Teddy's outcome. Has anyone read it more recently and can confirm this or do I just have a terrible memory?
  • I read it just before the film came out, and I felt like he relapsed, and the treatment didn't work again.
    Dee