Short podcast recommendations

akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
I have a lot of long form podcasts that I listen to (an hour or more) and I have been looking for some short form ones for times at work when I need to listen to something for a short time. Any recommendations? So far I have a few news ones and that's it. (NY Times Daily, NPR Up First, NPR Story of the day in a couple categories). They don't have to be news ones but news ones are also fine. 
Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
akritenbrink on most social media

Comments

• Binge Mode....and you've used up your allotment for asking about what podcasts to listen to :p
    voodooratakritenbrink
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    How short? Answer Me This is usually 40 mins or so - people send in questions and two posh Brits answer them. One of the posh Brits also has an interesting news discussion show (UK-oriented news mostly, of course) called The Week Unwrapped, which is around 30 mins.
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    The five minute hourly news summary podcast from NPR is short, at least each individual casting...
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Dee said:

How short? Answer Me This is usually 40 mins or so - people send in questions and two posh Brits answer them. One of the posh Brits also has an interesting news discussion show (UK-oriented news mostly, of course) called The Week Unwrapped, which is around 30 mins.

I guess, shorter than 40 mins, but I'm also looking for interesting or entertaining podcasts on another thread, which I saw you posted on.
    Dee
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    If you are interested in true crime the Hollywood and Crime series by Wondery was pretty good. It was based on the Black Dahlia case and other murders in LA at the time. Each episode is only about 30 minutes and whilst they do cover some of the things a few times and the dramatisations make it a different type of story. 

Crimetown about Providence's mob scene was decent and I think the longest cast was about 40 mins. 

Almost all of my other podcasts are long form so I'm out of options
    cdrive
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    edited June 19
    The Memory Palace. Usually around 20 mins, but those packed minutes! Each episode tells a personal yet obscure story from the past, non-fictional. It was named finalist for a Peabody Award and Nate DiMeo, the host, is Artist in Residence at the Metropolitan Museum of Art for 2016/2017.  So ya know, it's got some talent behind it. 

These obscure footnotes in history are read like novelettes - the narration is wonderful, the storytelling moving and is it's brilliantly produced with appropriate music. One of the best podcast I have ever listened to.

“No time to squabble Troy, for Greendale on THREE! One, two- Jeff, every second counts. For Greendale on TWO! One-"
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited June 20
    Just got into John E.L. Tenney's Realm of the Weird.

Shortest is 8 min and the longest is 15 min.

If yr into paranormal junk.
  • jomihajomiha Springfield IL
    edited June 20
    We Have Concerns is usually around the 20 minute mark, as is This Week in True Crime History. Lore is also usually under the 40 minute mark if I recall correctly. 
  • There was a cool BBC podcast a few years back called  History of the World in 100 Objects. Each episode takes an object from the British Museum and uses it to explore an aspect of human history. The episodes are pretty short.
  • If you like mystery and legends, check out Lore. I don't think there is an episode over 25 minutes. The creator/narrator tells a pretty well rounded story for each folk tale, although after about twenty episodes, I noticed his very robotic affect and it quite off putting imo. I can only listen to two episodes at a time. Also, Indiewire has two Podcasts, one for tv and one for film, and both are around the thirty minute mark. Other than that, Rah Rah Riverdale clocks in at about 15 to 20 minutes each. I'm still waiting for the finale recap, but it ended like a month or two ago, so who knows when these guys will do it, if ever.
  • The Way I Heard it with Mike Rowe and Science Solved It are probably the only short (<30min) podcasts I listen to, they're about ~10min and ~20min respectively.