Clean a camera sensor

hey bald move peeps, any videographers here? I have dust on my camera sensor and I can't seem to get it off. Any ideas how?

Comments

• sean.ray said:

hey bald move peeps, any videographers here? I have dust on my camera sensor and I can't seem to get it off. Any ideas how?

There are different ways of doing it depending on the circumstance...regardless of what you do, do it carefully - the sensor is sensitive to touch.

http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/camera-sensor-cleaning.htm

KingKobraMichelle
  • Thank you for the link. I've sent in the camera once already to a camera store and they got most of it, but there are still 5 tiny bits of dust. I ordered a cleaning kit from B&H, and am hopeful I can finally get the sensor perfectly clean. If that doesn't work, I think I'll have to send it in to Blackmagic and get it professionally cleaned by the manufacturer.

Again, thanks CretanBull.
    CretanBull
  • sean.ray said:

Thank you for the link. I've sent in the camera once already to a camera store and they got most of it, but there are still 5 tiny bits of dust. I ordered a cleaning kit from B&H, and am hopeful I can finally get the sensor perfectly clean. If that doesn't work, I think I'll have to send it in to Blackmagic and get it professionally cleaned by the manufacturer.

Again, thanks CretanBull.

A few years back I got really into photography and had a camera get ruined by a piss-poor cleaning job by me, so I'm a little sensitive to the problem...you found the right guy to ask lol
  • It's so crazy how dust just sticks like a fucking magnet to the sensor. I haven't even changed my lens, and there are dust spots. It's insane.
  • Doctor_NickDoctor_Nick Terminus
    Never done it, most of my dust came off with the sensor shake on my Olympus cameras or blower air on my Nikons. As far as I know you need a magnifying glass, PEC pads and the little holder rods and some Eclipse fluid.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Luckily my Canon cleans the lens every time it is turned off, so I don't have to manually do it.  Good luck!
    GarageMovieGuy
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • Gonna send in my camera to blackmagic. Now I'm afraid it's dead pixels. :(
  • Update-
    Blackmagic says they will either clean or replace sensor, whatever is wrong. Thinking of updating to either Canon C-100 or Ursa Mini Pro next year though.
    CretanBull