Big Brother 19 (LIVE FEED SPOILER THREAD)

As the title suggests, this thread will be for updates on what's currently going on in the Big Brother house before the episodes.  So if you don't want to be spoiled, please don't read any further!    :)

We're only on the first week, but ... Paul from last season is back in the house (ugh), we've already had a house guest voted out, another house guest has left the house of her own volition (in a statement she released earlier, she said it was from PSTD that she got while being in the military), we have two (mayne three?) showmances ... and that's just the tip of the iceberg! 

I think we're in for quite the season!    :)
Brawn

Comments

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto

I thought the nerdy guy who got kicked out was going to be fun to watch.   I usually cheer for the fans of the show who get on vs. the ones who are there because their agent got them on.

Paul annoys me, it seems like they all realize that he's a threat and might target him early.  Let's hope!

April_May_June
  • April_May_JuneApril_May_June California
    I totally agree - I liked Cameron too, and was sad to see him go so soon! He was so excited to be there, and to play, and to get voted out before he even really had a chance was heartbreaking. I wish they would have brought him back after Megan left. :(

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner they get Paul out, the better! But he somehow got the "Power of Protection", so he's safe for the next three weeks. So we're stuck with him at least that long. Ugh. But I don't think the house guests know that yet, so I'm curious to see their reaction when they find out

And it looks like the Jessica/Cody showmance that was hinted at in the episodes not only started before the feeds went live, but is already showing major cracks.

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited July 1

I totally agree - I liked Cameron too, and was sad to see him go so soon! He was so excited to be there, and to play, and to get voted out before he even really had a chance was heartbreaking. I wish they would have brought him back after Megan left. :(

As far as I'm concerned, the sooner they get Paul out, the better! But he somehow got the "Power of Protection", so he's safe for the next three weeks. So we're stuck with him at least that long. Ugh. But I don't think the house guests know that yet, so I'm curious to see their reaction when they find out

And it looks like the Jessica/Cody showmance that was hinted at in the episodes not only started before the feeds went live, but is already showing major cracks.

It usually takes me awhile to learn their names (same thing with Survivor)...it usually takes a few weeks for their names to sink in and I can't be bothered to learn all of them because half of them will be gone before things really heat up haha!

I just googled Jessica and Cody to find out who you were talking about.  I don't know what I think of Jessica yet (I think she could go either way with me)...Cody seems weird, he's way to 'blank' - he comes across as a psychopath (I mean that in a clinical term, as in flat-affect, emotionless etc).

Josh reminds me of the black girl who was recently on Survivor...both of them seem like they're always on the verge of snapping, and everyone has to walk on eggshells when they're around.  I couldn't live with someone like that, he'd be my first target.

April_May_JuneBrawn
    Yeah, it's weird - it usually takes me a bit to remember names to, but for some reason I'm having an easier time with this cast. I think it's because things have gotten so crazy so fast.

And yes, I think Josh would get on my nerves quickly too. He's super emotional, which doesn't go over very well in the BB house.
    It seemed like after all his outbursts he was the house's main target at first, but now that everyone is kind of turning against each other, I'm wondering if he might end up staying next week.

• MichelleMichelle California
    edited July 1
    I don't buy Megan's explanation for why she left. She wasn't in the house very long before she left. I think she just couldn't hack it, especially after the confrontation with Josh.

I *hate* that they brought Paul back to the game. I'm really getting over them bringing previous seasons HG's back. And the friendship bracelet thing was so incredibly lame. What are we, back in high school and sucking up for popularity? Ugh. The sooner they get him out, the better. Otherwise it will be just like last season when a previous HG won.
    hypergenesb
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
  • So far, actual show is defined nicely the most entertaining it has been in years. Live feeds, however, are quite tame. Some of these HGs are better when edited (Cody, Josh, Paul) so it's kinda boring watching them on the feeds. I'm surprised with some of the HGs that I actually like because preseason, most of this cast was not looking promising, but I do believe this is one of the less recruit filled casts they've ever had. Almost all of the cast are real, super fans that aren't just looking for tv exposure, and that's fine with me. I like Christmas, Alex, Kevin, and Matt on the feeds and I like Josh, Paul, Cody, and mark on the show (I just feel these four are shining with the edit). I could see this season going either way since it's week one still (or is it week two already?) but with the cast just starting to really open up and the fights that have already happened, I have hope that this will not be a boring summer.
    BrawnTaraC73
  • @Michelle there was a fight between Megan, Alex, and Jessica because of a situation where Megan told Alex that Jessica had made a racial remark about her (Alex) and Alex confronted Jessica about it and found out that it was just a lie spread by Megan to stir things up so both Alex and Jessica cornered Megan about it and she started crying and apparently left shortly after that. Josh was also near self eviction but I think seeing the reaction Megan got from the house, he wisely decided to stay and face the music. Megan most likely could've won the pOV and saved herself so her quitting is really cowardly. A lot of people on Reddit are petitioning for Cameron to be inserted back in since he got a raw deal and Megan gave up her spot, and I kinda agree. I'm only hesitant because the house would most likely just vote him out again soon after his return.
    Of course Paul won HOH this week. *rolls eyes*

Christmas won the temptation this week! I like her, and feel so bad that she broke her foot. She apparently has to have surgery on it this Monday. They have to put pins in it. I've had surgery before, but never had anything like that. So I could be blowing it out of proportion, but it sounds pretty serious. I can't imagine how she's going to be able to stay in the game after something like that. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for her that she's ok, and is able to stay in the game!

Oh - and Cody and Jessica being made to wear frog costumes all week is pretty funny.
    How funny would it be if Cody gets evicted and has to interview with Julie in a frog costumes??! I'm kind of keeping my fingers crossed for that too! Muahaha.
    Michelle

• TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I love Paul. I'm so glad he's back. Although a game of all newbies would be great too. I feel bad for Christmas I wouldn't want to be in the house after any surgery let alone one that's leaving me crippled andat the doctors' whim whether I can do comps or not!!!
    Don't tell me what I can't do!
    Cody and Jessica need to go!!!
    Brawn
    I loathe them. Cody looks like a serial killer and Jessica is a world class sheep-bitch!
    CretanBullMichelle
  • fidoz Houston
    I hated Paul last season and I'm still on team unfriendship. 
    CretanBullMichelle
  • fidoz said:

I hated Paul last season and I'm still on team unfriendship. 

I hate that it seems like there's some manipulation by the producers to tilt things in his favour.  With the Den of Temptation, it was pretty obvious that he was going to win...it happened so early that he was the only player that the voters knew (plus he had a pre-existing fan base with a social media army behind him).  So it was pretty much assured that he was going to win it, and the 1st week prize just happened to be 3 weeks of safety...a tailor made prize for a returning player who would (likely) be seen as a threat early on and be a target.
    TaraC73Michelle
    Oh how I long for the simplicity of the early seasons... no twists, no returning HG's from previous seasons, no 'America's Vote', no scripted diary room sessions, and everyone voted for who they wanted instead of 'voting with the house'.
    TaraC73CretanBull
  • I agree that some years the twists take over the game and slightly/heavily tip the scales in favor of certain players, but if you are a truly great player, you know how to maneuver around said twists with strategic gameplay.

If I were to go into the house, I would utilize the "floater" strategy through the first half of the game as all the "big" player try to show each up. I would lend my vote to whomever the hoh is that week and once jury is about to start, that's when I get woke. I win hoh, take out the right hand man/woman of the dominant alliance, while making deals with everyone but only staying true to the bottom rung people that way I stay on top. It is crucial to win final pov and final hoh so I take two people that would definitely take me but that I have a chance at beating. This is a kinda Dan meets Johnny Mac approach only less controlling than dan and more playing than Johnny Mac.
    Michelle
    So not too much has happened in the house today.

Jessica and Cody have continued to isolate themselves - they're sitting in a room by themselves. Jessica had a bit of a breakdown and cried really hard for a long time. The fact that Cody is going home, her hair is starting to fall out, and she's in a frog costume. All that, and the have-not diet she has to eat has really done a number on her digestive system. I'm not a Jessica fan, but I did feel bad for her.

Christmas is going to have surgery on her foot tomorrow - she has to stay at the hospital overnight, but should be back by Thursday evening's live show. I feel bad for her - it's going to be a long, painful recovery for her.

It seems to me that people are starting to get a bit annoyed at Paul - people are getting tired of his constant bragging, vetsplaining, and the fact that he got three weeks of safety. You can see it on their faces, and a few of the house guests have began making comments about it privately among themselves. They're playing it cool for now, they don't have much choice, but I have a feeling someone is going to make a move against him as soon as they can.
    Michelle

I read that Christmas isn't coming back.... not sure how true that is?
    TaraC73 said:

I read that Christmas isn't coming back.... not sure how true that is?

They've been really weird and evasive about her injury and surgery. They switch off her when she talks about it to others in the house ... her story keeps changing ... then they were "looking at the wrong person's MRI" so misdiagnosed her?? I don't know. I can't tell if she's trying to keep the house guests from knowing how serious it is (which I get), or what.

She left a bit ago for the surgery, and my understanding is that she's coming back tomorrow. But she was saying that the surgery is supposed to take 4-6 hours, which sounds like a pretty serious and involved surgery to my unknowledgeable self. She's supposed to come back, she told all the house guests she was coming back, but I wouldn't be surprised if they announce at the live show tomorrow that she's not coming back after all. I wonder if they'd cancel the eviction if that happens ...

(Sorry for the rambling answer ... I haven't heard a straight story/answer, so I can't give one, lol)
    TaraC73Michelle

edited July 12
    And Raven just fell down the stairs coming down from HOH!

She hit her head, her elbow, and her foot. I think she's going to be ok. Her foot was bleeding pretty bad though, so she had to be carried to DR. They then went to fish.

What the hell is going ON in that house this summer? Everyone is getting hurt!

EDIT: Raven is out of DR and is ok. She has to get stiches on her foot though.
    TaraC73Michelle

Crazy crazy!!
    Mortystv.com does live feed transcripts for those of us who don't have the feeds! Also morty tv on Facebook is a fun group of friends :)
    I have to say, I'm not really feeling this season.  The houseguests aren't interesting to me in the same way they have been in the past.  Mainly, they just irritate me.  I skipped last night's episode and don't have a lot of urge to watch it.  I do have the CBS app and have access to the live feeds on it, but haven't been watching them.  I've been watching previous seasons instead and am having a much better time. :)  I'm currently watching season 16 with Zach, Donny, Nicole, Caleb, Frankie, et al... and remembering how much I used to crush on Zach Attack.  :)
  • Michelle said:

I have to say, I'm not really feeling this season.  The houseguests aren't interesting to me in the same way they have been in the past.  Mainly, they just irritate me.  I skipped last night's episode and don't have a lot of urge to watch it.  I do have the CBS app and have access to the live feeds on it, but haven't been watching them.  I've been watching previous seasons instead and am having a much better time. :)  I'm currently watching season 16 with Zach, Donny, Nicole, Caleb, Frankie, et al... and remembering how much I used to crush on Zach Attack.  :)

You fruit loop dingus

MichelleTaraC73
  • Paul's arrogance is becoming more and more difficult to watch.

Michelle
    Thank god Cody's gone. I really, really don't want him going back into the game. I think the first guy who was evicted (Cameron?) should go back in. He got kind of a bum deal.

• Michelle said:

Thank god Cody's gone. I really, really don't want him going back into the game. I think the first guy who was evicted (Cameron?) should go back in. He got kind of a bum deal.

Cameron got screwed, but I think we can predict a physical comp that will tilt things in Cody's favour.