IT IT IT --- holy Shit! ps baby driver great

I am a lover of your podcast and identify with both of you in different ways. I'd love to tell you how and why and make this a fan boy post but I NEED TO TELL YOU ABOUT HOW IT changed lives!!! Boo clowns-my Grandma made me tough!

As a 10 year old in 1992 (Jim I think we are the same age) I watched GEORGIE and then adults deal with a problem that has made me love clowns less than I love drowning with a chance of fire!!

I wish my first email to you woulda been more intense about my favorite series GoT and how it influences our day to day but when Baby Driver had the IT trailer my ass puckered and it should be known that my grandmother and many other 30 year olds find this disturbing!!

ps---remaking IT is better than that original shitty flatliners

Sorry so long but I'm a long time listener and IT was emotional as a child.

Side note as a fan I think the chemistry y'all have is unparalleled in other pods I listen to. Thank you for what you do and enjoy the season!

DaynesDawn461
Nate

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited July 2017
    funny laughing laugh 50 cent have fun GIF
    in all seriousness. i hated the ABC mini series cause of the payoff (bullshit spider). thought the same with The Stand (bullshit giant hand). 

this re-make kinda gives me a stranger things meets Pennywise vibe. that formula is getting a bit tired.
  • Chinaski said:

in all seriousness. i hated the ABC mini series cause of the payoff (bullshit spider). thought the same with The Stand (bullshit giant hand). 

this re-make kinda gives me a stranger things meets Pennywise vibe. that formula is getting a bit tired.

King has a really hard time ending his novels, let alone having them adapted.
    right? his best on the big screen i tend to say 'whoa! that was King?!' shashek, stand by me, green mile..

then again there was maximum overdrive :)
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    The spider is not the worst thing about the book ending... *shudder*
    Frakkin T
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    The biggest problem I had with their opinion on IT was that they seem to be under the impression that it's just about a killer clown.  Anyone who has read or watched the movie knows that much of the scares are from a form of the monster that isn't the 'creepy clown'. If anything, the Pennywise monster was more comedic relief than scary, even watching as a kid.

Looking forward to seeing the remake. The casting of the Pennywise character has had me worried since day 1, so I'm certainly not without my own reservations on this. 

I read where they confirmed that they aren't going to 'go there' with the uh "Unity" ritual from the books in the new movie (like the mini-series), although I assumed that was just a given. Let's stick to blood oaths, kids.
    Dee
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline

I read where they confirmed that they aren't going to 'go there' with the uh "Unity" ritual from the books in the new movie (like the mini-series), although I assumed that was just a given. Let's stick to blood oaths, kids.
    They couldn't do that, not in today's world. The outrage meter would go through the roof
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Frakkin T said:

They couldn't do that, not in today's world. The outrage meter would go through the roof
    As it should.

Frakkin T
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    yep