15 GOT episodes to re-watch before season 7

I thought this was a good watch list to prepare for season 7. I am also going to re-watch season 6.

Do you recommend any other episodes?  Can't wait until next Sunday!!

darwinfeeshy

Comments

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    My wife and I are rewatching season 6 this weekend, and I've been watching theory/recap videos on Youtube to get hyped. My favorite channels for this are The Last Harpy and Ozzy Man.
    Monica
  • I've already rewatched season 6, but I'll hold on to this list in case I ever want to watch an older GoT episode. It's basically the greatest hits of the series, lol.
    Monica
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I don't think I could just watch the big tentpole episodes. I am too much of a completionist (and anal) to just watch the home run episodes. It is kinda odd that they used a picture, not in the episode for the Mother's Mercy. That picture is from the following season when Jon is actually resurrected. 
    DaveyMac
  • Yeah I'm with @Garthgou81 . If I'm going to re-watch a show I'm all about whole seasons as opposed to singular episodes.

I'm actually re-watching season 6 now. Up to ep.9 Battle of the Bastards. Once finished it's on to the special features.
  • DaveyMac said:

Yeah I'm with @Garthgou81 . If I'm going to re-watch a show I'm all about whole seasons as opposed to singular episodes.

I'm actually re-watching season 6 now. Up to ep.9 Battle of the Bastards. Once finished it's on to the special features.

I get your point, I've re-watched all the seasons at least 3 three times already. To save time I'm going to re-watch season 6 and some of the listed episodes in the article.  
    DaveyMac
    DaveyMac said:

Yeah I'm with @Garthgou81 . If I'm going to re-watch a show I'm all about whole seasons as opposed to singular episodes.

Have you watched any of the animated History of Westeros special features on the Blu-rays? I love those things. Its also really cool seeing the production value grow with each season. 
    KingKobra
  • I used to re-watch the most recent season of shows I liked in the lead-up to the new one, but I've picked up such an overwhelming amount of TV shows now that it's not really feasible any more. Shame, it used to be a good way to refresh my memory on things.
    MonicaDaveyMac
  • ShumShum Utah
    I've gotten through the first 8 episodes of season six and have tried out most of the commentaries. So far ep 7 commentary with Ian McShane, Natalie Dorner, and producer/writer Bryan Cogman has been the best. I love Bryan Cogman commentaries, because he's a total book nerd and usually has some great insights.

Ep 5 also has a pretty entertaining commentary with Asha, Euron, Hodor, and director Jack Bender.

I haven't listened to any for the last 2 eps, but anything with the DDs is usually pretty good.
    MonicaDaveyMac
    Please tell me that McShane just sits there and mutters "tits and dragons...tits and dragons...tits and dragons" again and again and again. 
    Hatorian
  • @Garthgou81 I love the animated histories and also that they get the actors to do the narrations. One of my favorite special features, though was the Day in the Life one they had on the S05 Bluray where you see just how chaotic production shooting in multiple countries with multiple crews and casts at once is and just how good the project manager is at what she does. After watching that it's understandable how hard it would be to change anything once they are rolling. I can see why, they might have had to rush some elements do to production limitations.

@shum I don't really tune into the actor commentaries much but I really like a lot of the ones with the writers and directors. I love how Bryan Cogman is willing to tackle criticisms of some of the narrative choices they've made on the show and defend himself and his motivations as a writer while also acknowledging that he understands why people reacted the way the did. I'm thinking specifically of the commentary track he did for the infamous "Unbowed Unbroken" episode.
  • Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but if I have HBO GO, will I be able to watch the premier at 6 pm in California?  The only time information I can find is it will air at 9 pm EDT, but I'm in California and only have access to HBO on line.  I'm not sure if it's available on demand until after it has aired on cable.

Thank you!!
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    Callie said:

Excuse me if this is a dumb question, but if I have HBO GO, will I be able to watch the premier at 6 pm in California?  The only time information I can find is it will air at 9 pm EDT, but I'm in California and only have access to HBO on line.  I'm not sure if it's available on demand until after it has aired on cable.

Thank you!!
    yes, as soon as it airs on live TV, it becomes available on HBO Go.  
    Callie