War for The Planet of the Apes has a Certified Fresh 92% so far on RT.

All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
edited July 11 in Movies
I wonder if that will be enough to give it a boost in ticket sales this weekend, with Spider-Man looming large. 

Will this be a Bald Movies? I know there was discussion about the possibility a while back.

Comments

• This movie should be #1 at the box office this week. I'm thinking around 70 mil. To get at the number Spider-man can only drop 40%. I think it will drop around 50% to put it at 56-60 mil.
    A lot of movies with big openings drop 60%, and bad word of mouth movies can drop around 70.
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    Honestly I'm not that surprised. The first two have been pretty solid and are a blueprint for how reboots should be done. This has arguablely been the best trilogy in a long time. Hope they cover it.
    GredalBeeKingKobraVasilnate1
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL

Honestly I'm not that surprised. The first two have been pretty solid and are a blueprint for how reboots should be done. This has arguablely been the best trilogy in a long time. Hope they cover it.

Not surprisingly because I personally didn't enjoy the others, but because I thought critics might see Woody shaving his head to prepare for war and roll their eyes (I don't have much faith in the hive mind of movie criticism today). 

I really enjoyed the 2nd movie with Gary Oldman, in particular.
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    This is one of those franchises that seems like it should be bad but somehow it's pretty good.
  • Honestly I'm not that surprised. The first two have been pretty solid and are a blueprint for how reboots should be done. This has arguablely been the best trilogy in a long time. Hope they cover it.

Not surprisingly because I personally didn't enjoy the others, but because I thought critics might see Woody shaving his head to prepare for war and roll their eyes (I don't have much faith in the hive mind of movie criticism today). 

I really enjoyed the 2nd movie with Gary Oldman, in particular.
    Early buzz was largely positive, so I knew things should end up more "red" ;)
    All the Chickens
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    They said Dunkirk is the next movie so I don't think so.
  • Really would love to hear this on Bald Movies. I think Jim and Aron said they have't seen Dawn yet, which is a shame. This is the best movie series since Lord of the Rings.
    GredalBee
  • N8NoleN8Nole Tallahassee, Florida
    I enjoyed it. Could be a little shorter since it had 20 min of previews but good movie
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    More like War For the Postcard of the Apes.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited July 16
    Seriously, other than looking like Boardwalk Empire raped the Pacific Northwest, its a Starbucks level basic bitch movie with West Wing level politics.
  • N8NoleN8Nole Tallahassee, Florida
    edited July 16
    It really didn't make sense in the long run and made Caesar look like Hitler at some times