Netflix Original Castlevania

Has anyone else watched Castlevania I am not sure what to think ?

Comments

• I generally dislike anime on principle, but there were so many outrageous visuals packed into such a short season that I ended up enjoying it quite a bit. The voice acting was good, the story was pretty cohesive for the genre, and it managed to be morally complex without being morally indifferent. Overall, a great background watch when you're trying to secure a successor for Vlad II Draculesti of Wallachia in Europa Universalis.
  • SoN PS game is one of my top 10 all time games. Loved how you beat the game then they flipped it upside down and made you beat it again. Best end game twist ever.
  • Yeah I have the same opinion anime but this felt like a western style. So I don't have much to compare it to.
  • Rylan said:

Yeah I have the same opinion anime but this felt like a western style. So I don't have much to compare it to.

Well there is this one western style anime that's prettyyy popular-- especially for people who typically don't like anime if you're interested.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited August 2017
    Another Netflix series I'm currently into. I love it. Like the new Wet Hot American Summer, the episodes are 25 minutes long so they're like candy.

I'm in Cancun on vacation at the moment and we brought our son's Roku so we could watch stuff at night. Roku and Netflix have proven their worth so many times over it's unreal.

I shouldn't like this anime, cause usually I'm not into this anime style. But it gets gory af like Ninja Scroll and it's at moments sooooo fuckin' metal with these demons and corrupt priests n shit. It's like there should be Mastodon blasting during many scenes. And it's Castlevania and I'm a kid from the 80s so it hits a nostalgia note.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    cdrive said:

Roku and Netflix have proven their worth so many times over it's unreal.

Roku moved into Netflix's old building (which is right down the street from the new Netflix campus) which i thought was a smart move on both parts.
    cdrive
This discussion has been closed.