701-"Dragonstone"

Writers: David Benioff & D.B.Weiss

Director: Jeremy Podeswa
KingKobra

Comments

• Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    edited July 17
    so..Are they zombie giants? or giant zombies?
    CaptainTripsgguenotcmulberry00akritenbrinkHalokittyMurderbearDaveyMacSonja121187
  • tpelzytpelzy Dallas
    I was really confused for the first 10 seconds. Then I started screaming "Arya" at the TV lol. 
    CoryLucascmulberry00akritenbrinkHalokittyTravisweeniegirl
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    Varys looks much darker this season almost like they bought the wrong tint, but I guess a boat trip and no sunblock will do that to a bald man. 
    akritenbrinkMurderbear
  • The Ed Sheeran cameo was as cringy as I thought it would be. 
    JTKIIIbokchoyskicdriveLucasCretanBullakritenbrinkNoelChelsea.tyusMurderbearpodcartfanand 2 others.
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    tpelzy said:

I was really confused for the first 10 seconds. Then I started screaming "Arya" at the TV lol. 

Me too, I was convinced it was a flashback at first.
    KingKobraHalokitty
  • Where is the link for the live podcast
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    edited July 17
    @erika985 It's on the Bald Move main page, at baldmove.com.

Hasn't started yet, I'd say it's set for about quarter after.
  • Ok, that Ed Sheeran thing was really bad. Idk who thought that would be a good idea. Please no more popstar/ famous celebrity cameos.

Also, did the Mayans inhabit Dragonstone or did the Targaryens jack their style?
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    Was Ed Sheeran one of the Lannister soldiers?  I don't know the guy at all and didn't even know to look for him.
    CJwriter
  • bokchoyskibokchoyski Cleveland, Ohio
    It's was horrible. I'm like what the f#ck is this modern sing doing in GOT? Then I saw who it was.
  • edited July 17
    Cory said:

Was Ed Sheeran one of the Lannister soldiers?  I don't know the guy at all and didn't even know to look for him.

I read about it and thought "Well, maybe if they put a shit ton of makeup on him and made him an undead or something, it won't be that bad. As long as they don't show his face singing, i'll be fine." My immersion was definitely ruined. Oh well, I'm still incredibly happy to get GoT back. 
    Lucascmulberry00
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited July 17
    I hate stunt casting -- it really breaks the immersive experience. Ed Sheeran aside, I liked the scene with the Lannister soldiers. It felt a little AFFCish: Arya getting other people's perspectives and humanizing "the enemy."
    KingKobraLucasbokchoyskiNoeljkmiller826Travis
  • CoryCory New Scotland

I liked the scene with the Lannister soldiers. It felt a little AFFCish: Arya getting other people's perspectives and humanizing "the enemy."

Is it bad I half expected to see her riding off while seeing all the soldiers dead bodies behind her?
    AkaJodie13akritenbrink
  • I want to know if Arya kill them after taking their meat and mead.
    erika985Cory
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

Writers: David Benioff & D.B.Weiss

Director: Jeremy Podeswa
    Thanks for covering me on the forum thread, man!
    Vasilnate1Halokitty
  • Jmusick said:

I want to know if Arya kill them after taking their meat and mead.

This definitely seemed like her main conflict here. I think she was set on killing them all, which was why she was resistant to taking the guest right. But that gave her the time to see that these soldiers were just kids like her.

I thought it was a pretty complex character moment from Maisie that overcame Ed Sheeran mugging for the camera (not a fan).
    KingKobrapavlovsbellakritenbrinkNoelHalokittywebswingerweeniegirl
  • LucasLucas Milwaukee
    Not a fan of the ed sheeran appearance, huge fan of listening to the A.ron pronunciation of sir sheeran
    MurderbearTravisbokchoyskiTeresa from Concordthedelfintwells212
  • OliviaDOliviaD Cincinnati, Ohio
    "Leave one wolf alive and the sheep are never safe". I absolutely loved the cold open.
    AkaJodie13pavlovsbellakritenbrinkTravisnstinsontwells212
  • MichaelGMichaelG Seattle
    Jim's mic was off for the instant cast...  womp womp... haha

BradleonLucasRylan
  • Great primere IMO with the cold open of Arya setting things off. The throwback to the family that the blind killed the father, to Cersi and Jamie maybe not exactly seeing eye to eye. This seemed like a packed episode with little action (didn't bother me). This really set things up for the rest of the season. Oh and at least 3 zombie Giants, it's about to be a problem.
    akritenbrink
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited July 17
    The cold open was like:

They just came strong with the hits right out the gate. Lyanna Mormont doing her thing. Sansa making all the fans think STFU!

I'd rather take on a white walker giant than a giant. Giants are big slow targets. One dragon glass arrow head and poof...bursts into an exploding snow cone.

They should make spike nets of dragon glass for white walker armies to walk on. Or just catapult dragon glass shrapnel all into the white walkers.

Love the Hound. Wearing my Hound helmet shirt like the nurd I am. But had to chest beat the helmet of my shirt when he was all "Fuck rum. Too sweet." That said, got lots of buds who love rum. Rum never got anyone angry drunk. Rum is a happy spirit. When the Hound buried that farmer and daughter....feels.

akritenbrinkwebswingermaxdemian
  • voodooratvoodoorat Atlanta
    no idea who ed sheeran is, so i didn't care about that, i thought that scene was fine.  it humanizes the soldiers who, after all, are mostly all just following orders and have little choice who they fight for, and i liked how arya clearly intended to murder them all as lannisters but changed her mind when they acted like humans and not monsters.  i still don't really like most of the arya stuff because it doesn't make much sense, i'd almost forgotten about how much i disliked her braavos arc last season.  also, i hate euron and not because he seems like a badass sorcerer pirate, he doesn't seem very intimidating at all to me, he's a little clownish...  honestly all the ironborn have been a little disappointing, i always envisioned them as thick-neck vikings, tough and imposing as hell but just kinda shortsighted and dumb.  not so much euron, but i thought he'd be a dark, dangerous, and strange badass--and clearly magical.  

i liked the hound stuff a bunch.

dany is such a...  blank slate.  not sure how much of that is intentional and how much is emilia clarke's acting chops--i suspect mostly the latter.
    webswingerCJwriter
  • I don't know who Ed Sheeran is and thought that scene was fine. I was more excited that they fit that song in. 

It's about Tyrion.
    CJwriterthedelfin
  • CoryCory New Scotland
    cdrive said:

I'd rather take on a white walker giant than a giant. Giants are big slow targets. One dragon glass arrow head and poof...bursts into an exploding snow cone.

cdrive said:

They should make spike nets of dragon glass for white walker armies to walk on. Or just catapult dragon glass shrapnel all into the white walkers.

There were Giant White Walkers?  I only saw dead Giants as Wights, which, correct me if I am wrong, we don't know that dragon glass has any effect on, right?
  • StarkFanWilliStarkFanWilli Monmouth, NJ
    Anyone else catch when Sam is flipping through the pages he passes a picture of the same dagger that was used to assassinate Bran!!! Also notice in the photos of the Starks, Arya is holding onto it!!! Wow
    KingKobraCoryjluzaniaElisarusskellyCCweeniegirl
  • I was a little disappointed they didn't put Lannister lions on Kings Landing in the intro. There were some in the throne room though.

Old Town I think was new.
  • StarkFanWilliStarkFanWilli Monmouth, NJ
    That photo of the Starks was on some magazine btw.

Anyone else catch when Sam is flipping through the pages he passes a picture of the same dagger that was used to assassinate Bran!!! Also notice in the photos of the Starks, Arya is holding onto it!!! Wow

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Cory said:

cdrive said:

cdrive said:

There were Giant White Walkers?  I only saw dead Giants as Wights, which, correct me if I am wrong, we don't know that dragon glass has any effect on, right?

Thought they were synonymous but apparently not. So technically I guess you're right. But come on man what's the whole point then!
  • All the ChickensAll the Chickens Birmingham, AL
    edited July 17
    cdrive said:

The cold open was like:

They just came strong with the hits right out the gate. Lyanna Mormont doing her thing. Sansa making all the fans think STFU!

Dragon glass doesn't kill the wights (the zombies). They only die by fire in both the show and books.

White Walkers (who control the reanimated wights) are the ones who die by dragon glass or valyrian steel, but fire doesn't seem to be able to touch the white walkers.

Heck, even if the wights could die by dragon glass, you would have a hard time stabbing something that's just bones.