I can't be the first person to point this out.

Are we all still watching The Walking Dead because we are all committing the Sunk Cost Fallacy? I mean, I'm going to keep watching (for now), but I recognize that as a human being, I'm not fully rational. My beliefs and decisions are irrationally influenced by my hopes and desires. Is that a (non-trivial) reason why I continue to watch The Walking Dead?

Send help.

Comments

• Are we all still watching The Walking Dead because we are all committing the Sunk Cost Fallacy? I mean, I'm going to keep watching (for now), but I recognize that as a human being, I'm not fully rational. My beliefs and decisions are irrationally influenced by my hopes and desires. Is that a (non-trivial) reason why I continue to watch The Walking Dead?

Send help.

I watched from day 1, first airing of the first episode and stopped after the Glen dumpster-dive.  I thought that it would be hard and that I might be tempted to go back to it, but it turned out to be remarkably easy.  I tuned in for the season finale and I found myself loathing what I was watching (I literally laughed at moments that were meant to be touching) and when it turned out to be the worst kind of cliff-hanger I knew that I'd made the right decision to walk away and I haven't thought about it since. 

There's too many good shows to watch to devote time to a bad show out of habit.