Guillermo Del Toro's "The Shape Of Water" trailer

EricEric Seattle

I got a very strong The Devil's Backbone vibe from this trailer. It makes me happy to see Guillermo going back to his smaller, personal films (which at one point he only did in Spanish) only with big Hollywood actors. It would seem that with The Shape of Water and Crimson Peak, we are seeing a reimagining of GDT's earlier work with an enhanced pedigree. Perhaps this is his response to leaving the nine-figure behemoth, The Hobbit.
DaveyMac

Comments

• I actually haven't watched the trailer as I kinda just want to go in blind. But you saying it gives you Devil's Backbone vibes makes me very excited to see it.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    oohh creature from the black lagoon love story by GDT? yes please.

one a side note, can we get a movie that stars Benicio Del Toro  directed by Guillermo Del Toro already?! shit, I'll take a heineken commercial at this point.
    DaveyMac
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I'm in. This looks like GDT's creativity juices are flowing in vintage GDT form again now that he is free again.
    DaveyMac
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    yeah man, the mexican Peter Jackson don't fuck around. i re-watched Pan's Labyrinth recently and it still blows me away. story and visual wise.

mexican directors killed it in 2006 (i'm mexican so that shit will never escape my memory bank). Pan's Labyrinth, Children of Men and Babel were all nicely done films.
    DaveyMac
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    Seems like the fish dude from Hellboy has found love