Personal Movie Review: Seventh Son (Spoiler Free)

JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
Ok, so I am on the road frequently for work and get very bored sitting in the hotel room (I mean PS4 is great and all, but I start feeling like a sluggo after 2-3 straight days of gaming). So I usually occupy my time by going to see a movie. So, I figured I would do short reviews (just my opinions) on the movies I go see....

Seventh Son - 

So I originally hadn't planned on seeing this movie. I was going to see The Kingsman, but timing didn't work out like I had planned so I went and saw Seventh Son instead. I had wanted to see this movie when I first saw the trailer for it (seriously though? What trailer doesn't make a move look great?) but then saw it hadn't gotten very good reviews. I usually check user reviews instead of critic reviews. I have to say though, I was mildly surprised by this film. It was much better than I had expected it to be based upon the reviews I had read.

Cast:It was a nice surprise to see Kit Harrington in this film. I felt Jeff Bridges acting was decent, but not anything great. Julianne Moore did a good job as the evil villain. Ben Barnes (who I knew nothing about before this film) did a fairly decent job in my opinion. And Alicia Vikander was smoking hot! I don't think I've ever seen her in anything before, but I hope to see her again as she was stunning!

Plot: So I felt that the story was good, but not great. There were some things that they could have done a lot better with the story. It almost felt like it was a longer story than what they had time for on the screen itself,I guess I would say it felt rushed. I found there to be things that I would have liked more explanation about and never got. The story wrapped around itself pretty well, but definitely left room for a sequel. I don't know that the film did well enough in theaters to warrant a sequel on the big screen, but I could see a sequel being a straight to DVD release. 

Rating/Recommendation:  I would give this movie 7.5/10
If you are a fan of the fantasy/magic movie genre, I would recommend it. If you don't have any interest in dragons, witches, and sword play, then steer clear of this film. 

Comments

• @Jeramiah thank you for the review. I was wondering about The 7th Son. Glad to see you enjoyed it! I had to take my daughter and a friend to a sweet 16 party last Saturday and had some time to kill before we had to come back to pick them up. My wife and I saw the Kingsman.

It was a fun movie and we both enjoyed it and were glad to have a night out. The only draw back to the movie really was Samual L's lisp. At first it was kind of entertaining and somewhat funny but then it became quite irritating. That being said it had a good story line and awesome action scenes.

Based on a comic The Secret Service they did a good job bringing it to life.
  • JeramiahJeramiah Richmond Indiana
    I was kind of curious about the Kingsman. Not sure if that one is a big screen or wait for DVD for me. I think next week I am going to go see The Lazarus Effect. My main reason for going to see this is that the guy that plays Pete from The League is one of the main actors in it. I love The League! I know Jim and ARon don't do much comedy, but The League is one that I believe they would both enjoy.
  • I may add that I saw the Kingsman at the Arclight in LA. Not a cheap ticket $15.50 a seat but reserved seating. I felt after viewing it was a big screen picture however The Lazarus Effect looks good. Let us know how it was @Jeramiah.
This discussion has been closed.