Thanks and Fuck You

I don't watch Game of Thrones (judge me-- I don't care). My quandary was what to do after finishing up the 'Fargo' and 'Better Call Saul' podcasts. I was suffering post-Bald Move withdrawal. 

With Mr. Robot postponed, I finally took the plunge and started 'The Leftovers'. Tried it years ago when it first started and just forgot about it. After hearing Jim and A-Ron go on and on (and ON...for fucks sake!) on other casts, I decided to give it a second go-round. 

I like it...Thanks. An added bonus: Podcasts to (hopefully) keep me entertained until Mr. Robot or AHS. 

Now on to the 'fuck you': 

I work in a file room by myself with countless hours to fill with background entertainment. Because LOST was mentioned so many times over the course of these casts, I got it in my head a re-watch of LOST may be a good way to fill the time. Call it a momentary lapse in judgement. Just like the first stupid time I watched LOST, I've been sucked in (and somehow still expect answers). Maybe it's the promise of over 100 hours I won't need to fill, or all those beautiful people (I'm looking at you Jack/Kate/Sawyer/Claire), fuck maybe it's a Dharma experiment. 

Regardless, fuck you. 
GarageMovieGuyKingKobraMelia004nstinson

Comments

• Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    Travisnstinson
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Thanks, Suza.  Peace among worlds to you, too.
    Vasilnate1FernNYC17GarageMovieGuyBrawnMichelleMelonuskCodyHarris821
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I don't want to live in a world where this can't be a thread title
    Michellenstinson
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

I wrote it down to use as the subject line for if I ever resign from my job.

I wrote it down at the bottom of all my resume's cover letters. 
    MichelleNikkiPSuza271hisdudeness915
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA

I wrote it down to use as the subject line for if I ever resign from my job.

I wrote it down at the bottom of all my resume's cover letters. 
    Good luck with your job search.
    Thanks and fuck you. 
    MichelleHatorianDeeFreddyNikkiPBrawnSuza271hisdudeness915Dummy
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    This thread fucks.
    MelonuskVasilnate1cdrivehisdudeness915Dummy
  • According to Miss Manners, the correct response is "you're welcome and fuck you too"
    ken hale
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    Freddy said:

Whats got 2 thumbs and fucking love this thread!  This fuckin guy

Freddy said:

This thread fucks.

• edited July 2017
    I didn't realize this thread would garner so many responses. Both positive, negative and hilarious. 

UPDATE: 

'The Leftovers' 

I just finished the first season. Fucking amazing. It's one of the most supremely constructed shows I've had the pleasure of viewing. So far, the biggest downside is that I'm going through the episodes so fast I can't keep up with the podcasts. Which, to be honest, is the whole reason I started the show in the first place.   

'LOST'

What an unimaginable tangle of bullshit. To make matters worse, I couldn't get 'Make Your Own Kind of Music' out of my head for a full day, brotha. 

Yet, I keep going down the rabbit hole. 

All the best and go suck it. 
    Alkaid13
  • edited July 2017
    Suza271 said:

I didn't realize this thread would garner so many responses.

The title is unabashed clickbait though. You had to have at least hoped it would.

I'm not touching the LOST portion of this with a 10-foot pole but welcome to the other side of The Leftovers.
    Brawn
  • edited July 2017
    NikkiP said:

Suza271 said:

I didn't realize this thread would garner so many responses.

The title is unabashed clickbait though. You had to have at least hoped it would.

I'm not touching the LOST portion of this with a 10-foot pole but welcome to the other side of The Leftovers.

You got me. It was all I could think about last night. 

In all seriousness, I am flattered.  

I've never really been accused of "clickbaiting", though. Is it a good or bad thing? Better or worse than catfishing?  
  • Better than catfisting, anyway.
    Alkaid13
  • I don't know, most of their references to LOST over the years have been far from glowing endorsements, so you kinda fucked yourself on that one.
    NikkiP
  • edited July 2017
    ken hale said:

I don't know, most of their references to LOST over the years have been far from glowing endorsements, so you kinda fucked yourself on that one.

Oh... I know... I've fucked myself...fucked myself REAL good. I'm fully aware at the end of the day, I'm the only one who gave in and pushed play... getting sucked in with the masterfully filmed pilot.

I had actually managed to forget the existence of the show (An Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind type thing). When I made the decision to do the rewatch I think I may have been drunk Netflix-ing (?!) after a Bald Move podcast.

I had listened to their LOST commission Podcast on the way home from work. It got me all nostalgic about how I used to watch it together with my Mom.

Now I'm on season 2 and wanna blow my brains out.

Luckily, though, I'm on season 2 of The Leftovers to balance things out. Would've never thought to start watching if it weren't for these two. I even ordered the free trial of HBO NOW so I can Chromecast the best possible quality. This weekend I forced my Mom and husband to start watching too so I have someone to talk to about it during our sparkling dinner conversations. My husband went to Catholic School back in the day so he may have a unique perspective.

I just hope this thing doesn't end in the same vein as LOST. That would inspire a whole new kind of 'Fuck You' thread.

• Never stop Lost. It never disappoints me,
  • season 2?  dude...  things don't really go off the rails for a long time after then...
  • goddamnit, i let myself fall into the lost trap.
    Suza271ChinaskiNikkiP