Show You've Re-Watched the Most?

ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
for me it's Six Feet Under. 4x. on my own, with old roommates, girlfriend at the time, then on my own again. i don't know what it is but something about that show and when i watched it hit me hard.

i'm on the third watch of curb in preparation for the new season which i'm really enjoying!
Travis

Comments

• The Office
    HatorianTravis
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    edited August 6
    From start to finish in order it's probably Malcolm In the Middle. I'm not a big re-watcher, but I've sat through that entire series at least 3 times. I think probably the same with The Inbetweeners.

Overall, it would be Bob's Burgers. I don't watch in order but I have all the episodes on my phone and I let them run at night when I'm trying to get to sleep, so I've seen them all multiple times at some point or other.

I definitely rewatch comedies more than dramas. Once I've seen a drama it's pretty much done and dusted for me.
    GarageMovieGuydarwinfeeshyTravis
  • Seinfeld/Simpsons just because they are on constant repeat for reruns.
    ChinaskiTravis
  • edited August 6
    Probably The Office.

Like Dee, I'm really not one for rewatching dramas. I think the only drama that I've ever rewatched is The Wire.

GarageMovieGuyTravis
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha i meant from start to finish. on re-runs i'd hafta say seinfeld too. i've watched 'the stall', 'the contest' and the 'the chicken roaster' a shitless amount of times.
    Travis
  • Grounded For Life

I don't know why I love that show so much. I've watched it about 5 or 6 times. I own it on DVD and watched it 3 times, then it showed up on Netflix in widescreen HD (!!!) so I used to turn it on when I had nothing else to do, when I was cleaning the house, etc. Watched it at least twice that way.

Come to think of it, I've also seen Buffy about that many times.
    ChinaskiDeeVasilnate1Travis
    I record movie reviews in my garage. Check em out!
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    My So-Called Life
    [skip 20 years]
    Game of Thrones
    GarageMovieGuyTravis
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• Mash, Seinfeld and The Simpsons - whenever they're on I can't help but watch.

As a whole series, I don't usually do a re-watch more than once but I've seen the entire run of Northern Exposure at least 3 or 4 times. 

GarageMovieGuyTravis
  • AussieGreg Canberra, Australia
    Seinfeld, Friends and The Simpsons.
    Travis
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    1. It's always sunny
    2. The office
    3. Simpsons

Rick and mortgage is getting there
    darwinfeeshyTravis
    No Half Measures....
  • Dexter
    Travis
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    reruns- Law&Order, Family Guy, American Dad, Simpsons

whole series- I've probably watched more Thrones than anything, seen every officially released episode at least 4 times

Travis
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
  • edited August 6
    Breaking Bad.

If only just to find a "watching buddy". When it first aired I caught the first season on my own and got my then boyfriend to watch with me up until halfway through season 2. Then we broke up. So, I convinced my best friend and roommate to do a catch up and we made it to season 3 before I had to move back to Ohio. I think there was a work friend who bailed for one reason or another.

Finally, I did a final rewatch through season 4 (?) with my Mom because I knew she wouldn't move, I wasn't planning on going anywhere and had to like me enough to sit through an hour of TV. We finished the series.

Needless to say, the plight frustrating... In the end it was worth it to see a woman I'd never known to care about TV, devour the first 4 seasons in a matter of 1 week. We rented the DVDs at Blockbuster.

Since, I've rewatched different seasons here and there 2 more times.
    GarageMovieGuyTravis
  • edited August 6
    Chinaski said:

for me it's Six Feet Under. 4x. on my own, with old roommates, girlfriend at the time, then on my own again. i don't know what it is but something about that show and when i watched it hit me hard.

i'm on the third watch of curb in preparation for the new season which i'm really enjoying!

Love that show!!! Probably one of the very best series finales of all time.

I will have to put it on my list. I know you can get it on Amazon Prime free if you're a member.

ChinaskiTravis
  • Comedies - All these at least 4-5x
    - The Office (BBC version)
    - Arrested Development
    - First few seasons of Scrubs

Dramas
    - The Wire (3x. Could easily start again right now if I had time)
    - Breaking Bad (2x all the way through. Some seasons 3x)
    DeeTravis
  • For years (long ago) I would watch one of a half dozen or so classic MST3K episodes when I was falling asleep every night, so I'm sure it's that. Or maybe Daniel Tiger or Wonder Pets or Backyardicans or something now but I tune kid stuff out so hard that something can be on a hundred times and I still don't know what it's about.
    Travis
    Suza271 said:

Chinaski said:

Love that show!!! Probably one of the very best series finales of all time.

I will have to put it on my list. I know you can get it on Amazon Prime free if you're a member.

easily the best series finale of all time for me. gets me everytime!
    Travis
  • gguenot said:

The Office

The UK (original) version - I must have watched both Series and Specials 9 or 10 times now
    TravisDaveyMac
    Yeah? Well, y'know... that's just like uh... your opinion, man.
  • We like to do familiar sitcoms as a sort of "pre-sleep wind down" and through that it seems like we're always somewhere in the process of a Parks and Recreation rewatch (I think we must be on at least our 9th go around, and I honestly can't imagine how many times I've seen favorites like Flu Season or Hunting Trip). That's probably the biggest one. Also, a lot of The Office and 30 Rock. Friends used to be a really big one, but we've watched the whole thing so many times that it's not the same (which is crazy because we have a ton of rewatch tolerance). I imagine we'll work our way back to it in a couple of years.

Psych was one, if not the biggest one for us but Netflix were dicks and removed it from their roster, but I've seen every episode of that at least 5 times, and the earlier seasons many more than that. We have the DVDs somewhere but we just don't watch anything that way anymore. I'm really, really hoping that with the movie coming down the pike one of the services will pick it up again. Netflix also cut bait on Scrubs which had been a big one for us. 

I really want a Grizzly Bear sidekick, but Daniel Rossen won't return my phone calls.

• PARKS AND RECREATION with Amy Pohler
    Sort of embarrassing but DRUNK HISTORY on Hulu-will Ferrell, Kristin Wigg and many others guest star. Plus, one episode is devoted to Hamilton, narrated by the guy who wrote and stars on broadway hit Hamilton. It's stupid, but really funny
    Travis
  • BUFFY, Law and Order SVU (I generally stop once Stabler leaves, though), Boy Meets World.
    Travis
  • aberry89aberry89 California
    The Office, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, Community, IT Crowd, Spaced and Black Books. So a lot of comedies - however I have rewatched Mad Men 3x and change - there are so many great episodes you can throw on, and returning to those characters is always a joy.
    DaveyMac
    “No time to squabble Troy, for Greendale on THREE! One, two- Jeff, every second counts. For Greendale on TWO! One-"
  • Arrested development. I love the show, but honestly, it's because it's on Netflix and easily accessible. I constantly rewatch certain seasons of it's always sunny but not season five (or whichever season dee is pregnant) and I haven't seen the last few seasons.
    I have rewatched a lot of Breaking Bad and Game of Thrones as well as Mr Robot in preparation for newer seasons but still the most rewarding seems to be comedies. When my mind is most alert, drama can be a rewarding rewatch but most of the time, I'm so tired from work and school that a good comedy is just what I need and I always find something new to laugh at. It's kind of like how the writers from Mad Men and Game of Thrones would come home from working on a serious drama and need to watch something not serious for a while.
    DaveyMac
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Upright Citizens Brigade. Some buddies and I got deep into UCB back in the day and we recorded all the episodes on VHS. Moon cheese babies, ass pennies, unabomber, bong boy....it was the go-to funny stuff to put on.
  • Fringe. 4 times thru.
  • MichelleMichelle California
    edited August 8
    Friends, Sex and the City, Will and Grace.  Really in-depth, dramatic programming.  lol
    I'm excited for the reboot of Will and Grace, starting 9/28!  
    "Scorch the damn earth before you." - Liz Taylor, AHS
    edited August 8
    shit, forgot bout Flight of the Conchords. i've watched certain episode quite amount of times. i could watch 'Unnatural Love' as a background or focus watch all day everyday!