Favourite Colognes and Perfumes

Always looking for reccomendations. My Favourite cologne for myself is in the Mont Blanc line. My 2 go to colognes are Mont Blanc Starwalker and Mont Blanc Legend. So good. Highly reccomend. Starwalker is great for a day to day office cologne and legend is great for a night out.

For my Wife I prefer Chanel Chance pink. Definitely my favourite of hee perfumes.

On a lesser note I've always been a fan of coolwater for both men and women as well.

Thoughts from others on your favourites for either yourself or your SO?

Comments

• Creed Silver Water and Kiton Black
    KingKobraHatorian
  • edited August 9
    Really it depends on the season....
    Summer Aqua do Gio perfumo,Polo Blue purfumo
    Spring: Irish Green Tweed,Egoiste and a few others depending on temp, almost forgot Issy Miake...
    Fall/Winter:The One/The One Gentlemen, JPG Le Male, Aventus, Hugo Boss, Armani Code Ultimate porfumo. Channel Blue.

I have a few others I can't remember the name of off the top of my head. I used to browse Basenotes a lot, but that hobby is very expensive ;)
    kojiattwoodHatorian
  • FernNYC17FernNYC17 New York, NY
    Cool Water because i'm a teenager of the early 90s!
    Hatorian
  • HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 9
    FernNYC17 said:

Cool Water because i'm a teenager of the early 90s!

Haha same. It will always hold a place in my collection given that was my go to for high school.
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Awww, now this is my wheelhouse! I collected fragrances for years and had a perfume blog for a while. My sense of smell went a bit weird a couple of years ago so I got rid of most of them. It's kind of coming back now so I've been wearing perfume again lately.

I am partial to orientals - Miller Harris Fleur Oriental is probably my favourite, closely followed by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Snake Oil. I like a good headkicking perfume. I also like woody scents like L'Artisan Dzing! (which is beautifully dirtied up with a leather note) and the sadly discontinued Solstice Scents Old Cedar Magus. I could probably go on forever on this topic, so I'll stop now.
    HatorianKingKobracdrivetreerocks
  • Issey Miyake was a favourite of mine in the past

For myself, I like the more woody/earthy scents, but I don't wear cologne, typically.
    Hatorian
    edited August 9
    Dee said:

Awww, now this is my wheelhouse! I collected fragrances for years and had a perfume blog for a while. My sense of smell went a bit weird a couple of years ago so I got rid of most of them. It's kind of coming back now so I've been wearing perfume again lately.

I am partial to orientals - Miller Harris Fleur Oriental is probably my favourite, closely followed by Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab's Snake Oil. I like a good headkicking perfume. I also like woody scents like L'Artisan Dzing! (which is beautifully dirtied up with a leather note) and the sadly discontinued Solstice Scents Old Cedar Magus. I could probably go on forever on this topic, so I'll stop now.

Don't stop! That's the whole point of the thread! What else? Any links to your old blogs?
    treerocks
    Some others I like but wear a bit less.

Acqua di Gio by Georgia Armani
    Jimmy Choo Man
    L,Homme by YSL
  • DeeDee Adelaide
    Nah, no links - it was years ago and it was mostly indie perfume oils that are no longer available anyway.

Though I would recommend that men who like wearing fragrance should check out some of those indies - they tend to have more unusual scents and you're never likely to run into someone else wearing the same thing. Companies like Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, Arcana Soaps, Sugar & Spite and Solstice Scents do masculine-leaning scents quite often, and they do samples for most of their fragrances too. Heck, given there are Etsy stores out there these days that sell beard oils and men's hair waxes, there's probably online stores that are entirely devoted to masculine scents.
    Hatorian
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    edited August 10
    I love perfume, but unfortunately we work in close quarters and with all the different allergies/migraines etc. I don't wear it to work, so I don't have very many any more. But a few years ago I was really into beauty boxes, so I tried out tons! 

Right now I only have Chanel No. 5 and Chanel Mademoiselle, which I like and were a gift from my husband a while back.

I wore Philosophy Amazing Grace for a long time and it was one of those "You smell good but I didn't know you were wearing perfume" scents. 

I also really like Harvey Prince Hello for a more subtle scent. 

A fun/interesting company that I was into for a while a few years ago was Juliette Has a Gun; their scents are more intense and interesting, and dare I say more unisex (even though they are marketed to women). You can buy a "Discovery Kit" from them which isn't a bad value in and of itself and lets you try out a bunch of scents. (Not sure if they ship to Singapore). 

The last notable one I can think of off the top of my head was a product that Outlaw Soaps sent me once - At the time they were marketing a lotion bar that they don't seem to carry any more, but they saw all the yarn projects I post on Instagram and suggested it would help (when you work with wool your hands get really dry). What's fun about them is their scents are all like leather-campfire-whiskey and this product really did smell as advertised! It was a bit on the strong side to wear as a lotion, and much more masculine than I normally do. I am not sure what to think of their cologne offerings, but I think it would be fun to have some of the soaps if you want to smell like an outlaw (or you want your bathroom to smell like one after a shower). :) 
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    Oh and for my SO- I don't think he wears cologne ever, but he is really into soaps and shaving products. Right now he's using Awakening Body Bars by Dollar Shave club and it's actually my fave of any he's used for a while (even though he has used fancier ones! haha). He doesn't even do Dollar Shave Club, I do it for myself and just toss in the extra odd item for him occasionally and this one was a winner!

I asked him for shaving product recommendations with a fragrance but he opted out of the conversation, LOL.
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    I like to create a tri-blend out of fabric softener, soap, and deodorant. Snuggles clean linen, Irish spring, Degree sport. I just like to smell clean. But 3 years ago in a Mexican airport I got fancy and picked out a Gentlemen Only Givenchy. I like it. Not too heavy or sweet or doing too much.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    'how bout some Windex, grandpa?'

'yeah, yeah let me try some of that!'

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/quiz/4601_1212889827671_400_200.jpg
  • Sung, but they don't make it anymore. I have two bottles left that I use on special occasions. In between I just use perfume samples, or Creed, I love all their perfumes. I also really love Old Spice! It's a old school cologne I think you can still get it at the pharmacy, it's been a long time since I've looked, but it's the best!