Theory: Jon is also a Dragon; Bran gave Arya the dagger because he knows she is to kill Cersei

I think Jon is going to be on hand when Dany tries to care for Drogon's wound and we are going to find out that Jon feels the pull of the dragon and is also capable of flying them.  Once Cersei is dead, Kings Landing should fall to the united armies of Dany/Jon.  Together they can lead all the remaining armies against the night King

Cersei gets taken out just as she should by a Jaime-face wearing Arya with her Valyrian blade (which might also be capable of killing the Mountain since he also has got to go.)  

Comments

• I have never liked the Arya kills Jamie and takes his face to kill Cersei theory. Jamie has to go something other than die so that Cersei can die. I think he atleast has to kill Cersei, I also believe he is going to do something else. Maybe give his life to save Brienne or one of the stark girls. I don't know but I think his fate is more than just a face.
    Cory
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    *Warning* Might be giving out book spoilers--

I agree that Bran TOTALLY gave Arya the Catspaw Dagger so she could issue poetic justice and revenge for the attempt on his life with the very same dagger.  He asked "Why are you here I thought you would be at Kingslanding"  They both know Cersei is high up on her list.

So a few episodes ago when the show revealed that High Valyrian is a gender-neutral language, that immediately reminded me and I'm sure many others about the Maggie the Frog prophecy that Cersei will be killed by Valonqar, High Valyrian for "little brother."  So we always thought: ok...Jaime is technically little brother since he was the last twin to be born...also Tyrion is a little brother.  But now it could mean little sibling.  It could mean little sister. It could mean Arya.  

They always refer to Bran's assassin as a "cut throat."  My hope, and this gets weird and reachy, is that Arya kills Cersei as Lady Stoneheart.  Like she would put on the face of her mom, with gaping neck cut like Lady Stoneheart is supposed to be, hoods herself and gets alone with Cersei.  Then Cersei's final seconds are ones of horror as she realizes this is revenge for the Red Wedding.  Arya would have to be really twisted to wear the face of her dead mother while exacting her revenge, but it would fit with her dark downward spiral.  
    akritenbrink
  • I have never liked the Arya kills Jamie and takes his face to kill Cersei theory. Jamie has to go something other than die so that Cersei can die. I think he atleast has to kill Cersei, I also believe he is going to do something else. Maybe give his life to save Brienne or one of the stark girls. I don't know but I think his fate is more than just a face.

I hope you are right,  Jaime is one of my favorite characters because the writers have managed to make me care about him despite the bad things he has done.  He is a conflicted character and he deserves a decent death.  I have often thought that it would come down to him and Cersei watching their empire collapse and in the spirit of their being "the only two people in the world" they take their own lives.
  • cdrive said:

*Warning* Might be giving out book spoilers--

I agree that Bran TOTALLY gave Arya the Catspaw Dagger so she could issue poetic justice and revenge for the attempt on his life with the very same dagger.  He asked "Why are you here I thought you would be at Kingslanding"  They both know Cersei is high up on her list.

So a few episodes ago when the show revealed that High Valyrian is a gender-neutral language, that immediately reminded me and I'm sure many others about the Maggie the Frog prophecy that Cersei will be killed by Valonqar, High Valyrian for "little brother."  So we always thought: ok...Jaime is technically little brother since he was the last twin to be born...also Tyrion is a little brother.  But now it could mean little sibling.  It could mean little sister. It could mean Arya.  

They always refer to Bran's assassin as a "cut throat."  My hope, and this gets weird and reachy, is that Arya kills Cersei as Lady Stoneheart.  Like she would put on the face of her mom, with gaping neck cut like Lady Stoneheart is supposed to be, hoods herself and gets alone with Cersei.  Then Cersei's final seconds are ones of horror as she realizes this is revenge for the Red Wedding.  Arya would have to be really twisted to wear the face of her dead mother while exacting her revenge, but it would fit with her dark downward spiral.  
    There are soooo many ways this can go down, but I agree with you that it appears to be Arya, in her own face or not, who is equipped to do job of an assassin since Cersei fights her battles from the Red Keep and not the field, Arya can get inside and take her out.  I also have a feeling that Sandor is going to help her i some way... maybe by killing the Mountain.
  • I don't think Bran cares about killing Cersei. He care about the WW and the army of the dead.
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    You don't need Valerian Steel to kill Cersei, as far as we know. ;) 
    webswinger
  • Bran certainly had a look when he gave arya the dagger. He almost paused a bit because he knew he was basically sending her down a path of murder. Like he had already seen what she's going to do with it.
    Elisa
  • I took that look as a little shock. When he gave the dagger she almost recoiled. It reminded me of the way the ghost of high heart reacted to Arya
  • I think Jon is going to be on hand when Dany tries to care for Drogon's wound and we are going to find out that Jon feels the pull of the dragon and is also capable of flying them.  Once Cersei is dead, Kings Landing should fall to the united armies of Dany/Jon.  Together they can lead all the remaining armies against the night King

Cersei gets taken out just as she should by a Jaime-face wearing Arya with her Valyrian blade (which might also be capable of killing the Mountain since he also has got to go.)  
    I didn't see Jon on the loottrain battlefield. It would have been a great scene if Dany had been wounded, too, lets say by a thrown poisened Dagger by Bron before he tackles Jaime and Drogon won't let anyone near her. Even roasts Dothraki who try.  Then Jon could have calmed the dragon down. By the way, Dany is missing not only a capable general also a maester. 

• HatorianHatorian Dagobah
    edited August 13
    Jon was at dragon stone. Theon comes back and says where is the queen and Jon says she's not here then they cut to the battle
  • Hatorian said:

Jon was at dragon stone. Theon comes back and says where is the queen and Jon says she's not here then they cut to the battle

I know, but I think he should have been there. To see what the dragons are capable of since he wants to use them. But I guess he is a stewart and not a ranger after all. :-)
    webswinger
  • Schlupp said:

Hatorian said:

I know, but I think he should have been there. To see what the dragons are capable of since he wants to use them. But I guess he is a stewart and not a ranger after all. :-)
    I think Danny would want him there to see what Dragons are capable of. So that it might give her more leverage to make him take the knee. So there are two reasons fir him to be there
    Schlupp
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    But it would be too dangerous to send them both, and anyway I think this battle was more about showing what she can do with her dragons and her big Dothraki army, than any kind of battle with military or strategic significance.
  • Bran says to Aria when he gives her the dagger . I saw you at the crossroads. I thought you were going to kings landing...he also referenced her list.
    Brian knew every detail of her time this season. Almost like he brought her there. This is clearly foreshadowing his knowledge of all their movements
    voodoorat
  • I had some Donny Darko vibes there, he sees their paths/Intention beams and probable futures.