Pirating Bald Move

Guys, I don't have much money but I love Lunch with Jim and Aron. Is it cool to pirate? Thx.

akritenbrink

Comments

• you can listen to most stuff for freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    KingKobraGarageMovieGuy
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Damn are they big enough now that there's torrents up for lunches?
    funktownrock
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    edited August 10
    GarageMovieGuyKingKobraTravisAlkaid13johnnytruantakritenbrinkMelonuskweeniegirl

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• Damn are they big enough now that there's torrents up for lunches?

I not looking to promote how it's done, so I can't share the details. But yes the show is avail. online for free.
  • "Is it cool"...personally I would say no, now that you asked. If you're going to don't don't talk about it (the 1st rule of being a pirate).
    bizmarkiefader
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    Yea I mean either just do it or don't do it, if they wanted to release it for free they would have released it for free.
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    RED FLAGGED!
    KingKobra
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
  • RED FLAGGED!

Facist.
  • First rule of pirating, don't tell the people you're pirating. It is technically illegal and you're basically admitting guilt, that's an open shut case if anyone actually wanted to bring it to court. If you're going to pirate do it on the down-low.
    KingKobra
  • akritenbrinkakritenbrink Lynnwood, WA (Seattle area)
    funktownrockgguenotCretanBullJaimieTGarageMovieGuyMelonusk
    Be a human, not a machine.

Angie Kritenbrink
    akritenbrink on most social media

• @akritenbrink
    Internet pirates only wish they looked like Pilou Asbæk.
    akritenbrink
    You don't need to do a pirate thing. You can just watch the re-enactments done by Zach Galifinakis and ............. help me out someone

Angie Kritenbrink

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I mean, if you can't afford it or there is no way to pay for it in your area, knock yourself out I guess.  If you get money or can pay for it in the future, please do so.  On the other hand, posting links to pirated material is against the rules of the forum.  So you can't run a piratebaldmovebay.se off of here or anything.
    KingKobrafunktownrockiMatty94wasi
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    When I use to work at this pizza place, every now and then this homeless or down on his luck guy would come in looking for food.  I use to have him do odd things around the store(trash, sweep parking lot, pull weeds etc..., and then I would let him eat something.  what I'm sayin is maybe this freeloader can help you out in some other way, maybe they have a talent you can benefit from.
    "because everything would be what it isn't"
    I thought they were joking. No?
    pavlovsbellTravis

Angie Kritenbrink

• When I use to work at this pizza place, every now and then this homeless or down on his luck guy would come in looking for food.  I use to have him do odd things around the store(trash, sweep parking lot, pull weeds etc..., and then I would let him eat something.  what I'm sayin is maybe this freeloader can help you out in some other way, maybe they have a talent you can benefit from.

So maybe he paints a Bald Move logo on his car, and get's a "free lunch" for each month he drives around with it?
    Vasilnate1Travis
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY

I thought they were joking. No?

I also thought it was a joke. People rationalize stealing from corporations like HBO, but stealing from an independent producer? I presumed it was a joke.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 
    akritenbrinkTravisMelonusk
    Stop pissing in my soup and saying you're cooling it off.
  • You don't need to do a pirate thing. You can just watch the re-enactments done by Zach Galifinakis and ............. help me out someone

Tyler Perry?
    akritenbrink
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Bald Move's third employee? What? You guys said you were planning on hiring. 
  • Isn't there enough free content where pirating really isn't necessary? 
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    and why not just email the guys on the side letting them know rather than broadcasting it on the forums?
    CretanBull
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    I'm never sure if it's a joke, so I figured I'd give my honest opinion.  I mean, that's pretty much how I personally roll on intellectual property.  I make every attempt to pay the creator, but if they won't take my money for whatever reason (region, currency, platform preference) or I cannot pay (like, when I was 15 years old, or whatever) then I damn well put on my eye patch and pirate hat.  I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it when I'm on the other side of walking the plank.  Does that metaphor track?  I feel like it got away from me.  
    ChinaskiCretanBullfunktownrockBrawnTravis
    I only pirate things in another location when I am on them (LOL it's only happened once).

Angie Kritenbrink

• CretanBullCretanBull Toronto
    edited August 11

I'm never sure if it's a joke, so I figured I'd give my honest opinion.  I mean, that's pretty much how I personally roll on intellectual property.  I make every attempt to pay the creator, but if they won't take my money for whatever reason (region, currency, platform preference) or I cannot pay (like, when I was 15 years old, or whatever) then I damn well put on my eye patch and pirate hat.  I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it when I'm on the other side of walking the plank.  Does that metaphor track?  I feel like it got away from me.  

It's your content, so ultimately yours is the only opinion that matters, but...

When it comes to something like a movie or a book, you can either see it or not see it, read it or not read it - they're both all or nothing propositions.  When it comes to Bald Move, a huge percentage of the content is free to begin with...it's not a have it or not have it situation, its a have most of it or have all of it one. 

I don't lack empathy for someone who's going through a hard time financially (trust me, I've been there), but wanting to take from someone who gives so much doesn't feel right to me...at least they asked, so I guess that's something.

Again, though - it's your IP, if you're cool with it that's all that matters!

I don't see much need for piracy when there is so much content out there nowadays that I will never be able to watch it all, and I still spend several hours a week just watching junk on YouTube. At the same time, I think copyright and licensing laws need to catch up with the times.

But I still think the OP is joking.

Angie Kritenbrink

• I'm never sure if it's a joke, so I figured I'd give my honest opinion.  I mean, that's pretty much how I personally roll on intellectual property.  I make every attempt to pay the creator, but if they won't take my money for whatever reason (region, currency, platform preference) or I cannot pay (like, when I was 15 years old, or whatever) then I damn well put on my eye patch and pirate hat.  I'm not going to be a hypocrite about it when I'm on the other side of walking the plank.  Does that metaphor track?  I feel like it got away from me.  

The question was meant to be tongue in cheek. I wanted to get a response based on what you recently said regarding pirating IP. Since you are a content creator, I was surprised with your honesty regarding the conditions under which it would be acceptable to pirate someone else's content. While they made absolute sense and I agree with them, I was still surprised.  
  • Another criterium might be the financial size and money making capacity of the content creator. Pirating a walt disney or sony movie is not quite the same as pirating .... let's say ..... a podcast from two guys trying to make ends meet.

• edited August 11
    Is renewing your free Amazon Prime subscription every month considered pirating?

"Arrr I'll be taking my free 2-day shipping and streaming video"
  • These guys put out hours and hours of free content every week. The least you could do is listen to their podcast with ads to help them pay the bills. You can even fast forward...

I'm unemployed and I can still afford the premium content. I just have to skip eating every other day.
    bsx4313
  • Whoa there Mike, I'm going to guess you're joking but if not I assume A_Ron and Jim are fine with you pirating in order to afford money for food.