AHS Cult 9/5/17 Hype thread!

Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
edited August 11 in American Horror Story
We're a month away from what looks like a bonkers season of classic AHS. There's a lot of info out there but this piece in Vanity Fair has a good summary. There was some early talk on the theme being the 2016 election but they're downplaying that now, saying the election is just a jumping off point. Lots of folks are back: Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Adina Porter ('real-life' Angela Bassett in Roanoke,) Mare Winningham, Frances Conroy, Emma Roberts. Lots of new faces too: they got Billie Lourd to come over from canceled Scream Queens plus Billy Eichner and that girl from that HBO show that I think is terrible.  

The look is amazing:

See that? Clowns! Rumors abound that we'll see Twisty again somehow. I think it's time to start getting excited. Have you seen the promos? What do you think?
KingKobraGarageMovieGuyMichelle

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    No Angela Bassett this season? That's a serious bummer if so!
    GarageMovieGuy
  • I'm behind on Scream Queens, didn't know it was canceled :(

Are we getting a podcast this season with A.Ron and Cecily?
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Clowns scare the absolute bejesus out of me, so even though I will be watching (of course, because I love AHS), I'll be watching with my hands over my eyes while I peek through my fingers.    Their marketing for this season has been really good though, despite it being scary AF clowns.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Hell yeah!  I'd be in either way, but a CULT season, are you serious?
    MichelleKingKobracdriveBrawnTaraC73Underwood
    Yeahhhhhh, I knew this season would grab you!  Seriously looking forward to hearing what you have to say about it once the eps air!
    Brawn
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Can a show that made me do a 180 and appreciate Lady Gaga also make me appreciate Lena Dunham? Magic 8 Ball says "Doubtful." Clowns aren't scary to me but cults are. So, not sure how to feel about the promo. The absence of ageless Angela Bassett will be felt. And Jessica Lange will always be missed. But we have Frances Conroy back! And Sarah and Evan! I wish they could get Leslie Jordan in there some how. Cricket was the best.

• Frakkin TFrakkin T Currently Offline
    With the theme revealed early and the release of character posters I hope they are getting back to more traditional AHS style, with a mix of camp and gore and real scares and maybe even a real opening credits sequence!

TaraC73
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I've loved the past two AHS seasons but I am absolutely not a fan of clowns. Already stockpiling some anxiety meds for It next month... I might have to wait and gauge just how big a part they play in the storyline :(
    TaraC73 said:

I've loved the past two AHS seasons but I am absolutely not a fan of clowns. Already stockpiling some anxiety meds for It next month... I might have to wait and gauge just how big a part they play in the storyline :(

you'll float too ;)
    TaraC73KingKobragguenot
  • N8NoleN8Nole Tallahassee, Florida
    @A_Ron_Hubbard Are you planning to watch Season 1 before the next season?
    N8Nole said:

@A_Ron_Hubbard Are you planning to watch Season 1 before the next season?

I think we'd all like to see A.Ron and Cecily do seasons 1-3 but I fear it's not very likely :(
    ElisaTaraC73KingKobra
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    I am afraid of clowns.  Peace out on this season.  (I still haven't watched Freak Show).

• I was really surprised to hear Billy Eichner mention in a recent interview he's been cast in AHS! Absolutely love him from Difficult People, Parks and Rec and Billy on the Street. 

But, I'm very curious what type of character he'll be portraying. I kind of hope he'll just start talking to people in a normal voice and just progressively start screaming about them about....anything. He's great. 

• edited August 19
    Side note: 

What do clowns have to do with cults? I've never heard of a clown cult. Unless they're planning to have this season take place at the World Clown Convention (thanks Google). 

Edit: 

Just read this:  

“highlighting people who don’t have a voice in our culture—people who are ignored by the current administration and who are afraid and feel terrorized that their lives are going to be taken away.”

This explains it. Clowns are so dismissed by our society. I can see why they feel undervalued. They just want the same rights as the rest of the entertainment industry.  
    Frakkin T
  • WonderedObjectWonderedObject SAN Francisco, CA
    If there's one thing you can count on when it comes to AHS it's that they know how to do promo videos/trailers. Seriously, they're one of the best in the business.

Now when it comes to if they can deliver on a season... well that's another story. Either way, I'm excited. They brought me back in with Roanoke.
    KingKobraElisaFrakkin TMichelleBrawn
  • I am easily triggered by clusters of holes (Trypophobia) and they've been using it in a lot of marketing material. Creeps me out, but stoked for the season
    The Hollywood Reporter is saying that Lena Dunham is only in one episode, so those who say they don't want to watch because of her, take comfort in the fact that her character will most likely be killed off.  I don't care for her either, so this comes as good news to me.

cdrive
  • I haven't watched this show since the first season, but I really want to listen to the podcast... think I can get away with just listening to A.Ron and Cecily discussing it and still know what's going on? Lol 
    Cecily
    Ohhhhhh @jazzminawa you've missed some great show since the first season!  Do you have Netflix?  I'd recommend some serious binge-ing!
  • @Michelle I'm a horror p*ssy like A.Ron... being creeped out and scared just isn't all that fun for me haha. 

The only reason I watched the first season was that it was as intriguing as it was bizarre and scary, so I kept watching as long as I could. Which seasons would you recommend? 
    I'd recommend all of them except season 4, because me and clowns are like oil and water. 
    However, seasons 2,3, and 5 are particularly good.
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    So @michelle will you watch cult? There's a lot of clowns in the trailer.
    I will, but probably with my hands over my eyes and peeking through my fingers. lol
    Elisa
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    The main title sequence for the new season dropped today.  Check it out:

KingKobraMichelleFrakkin T
  • So happy they brought back the title sequence.
    UnderwoodFrakkin T
    Trailer with real show footage came out today! Sarah Paulson is a woman who is horrified at Trump's election, Evan Peters is a blue-haired scaliwag who humps the goddamn tv announcing Trump's win, and there are so many clowns!! Also we got two shots of Twisty: One on the cover of his own comic book and one of him as an action figure. Super stoked about this season, especially because this is my favorite Bald Move podcast. Reminds me of the old days when there were only a few hundred of us listening.
    amyja89ElisaCecily
  • amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    edited August 23
    Same here @Frakkin T! AHS pod is my favourite, smaller community, more of an intimate feel. Plus AHS watchers seem not to want to tear each other apart when one person loves an ep and another hates it, it's just different stroke for different folks. Funny thing is we always come back for the next season haha.
    Frakkin TElisaCecily
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    So @Cecily and @A_Ron_Hubbard will podcast the new AHS? Pretty please...   :o)
    Frakkin T
  • Elisa said:

So @Cecily and @A_Ron_Hubbard will podcast the new AHS? Pretty please...   :o)

I haven't heard them say they're not going to do it. I believe the schedule should open up for this one, so it should be safe (I hope). I also could have sworn I heard ARon mention it as an upcoming cast.

Frakkin TElisa
    I know @A_Ron_Hubbard has mentioned being excited for this season, being that the name is 'Cult'.  I think they'll most likely be covering it.
    KingKobraElisa