Empire Business: David Chen Interview

Starting a thread for the boys' bidness discussion with David "Emperor of the Chenpire" Chen. 
TravisAlkaid13

Comments

• The fact that this wasn't titled " The Chenterview" is deeply disappointing to me.
    A_Ron_HubbardVasilnate1hypergenesbMelonusk
  • AndrewAndrew New York
    Why isn't he called Chengis Khan?
    hypergenesb
  • you should have referred to him by his full name, "david chen" (although that's only 3 syllables to joanna robinson's 6) repeatedly during the chenterview.
    GredalBeehypergenesb
  • Yeah David referring to people by their full name more often than not is a weird thing I've noticed on all of his podcasts. It must just be part of his podcasting style.
    GredalBee
  • He's a good interviewer
  • edited August 11
    Andrew said:

Because it's kinda racist
    pavlovsbell
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH

Andrew said:

Is it?  
    Vasilnate1DaKingInCleveland
  • edited August 11

Andrew said:

Is it?  
    I think it could go either way, depends on your relationship with David and his preferences. 

To me, it's similar to making a pun on a Native American person's name with "Squanto".
    pavlovsbellKingKobra
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    If making a joke about a person's name is about their ethnicity/race, then yes, it's racist. If it's a private joke between the two of you that the other person is fine with, that's one thing, but I would not do it on a podcast or publicly. Not a good look.
    darwinfeeshyGredalBee
  • Vasilnate1Vasilnate1 Salem, MA
    He's a Milk Bag!  haha..sorry this only makes sense if you saw my post in the politics thread(dont ask).

oh, and milk bag is definitely not a racist slur, its just silly and ridiculous 
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Ah, I was thinking it was more of a take on the Chenpire thing we had going.
    Vasilnate1Melonusk
  • Chentrepreneur's cast.