Twin Peaks: The Return - Part 14 - "We are like the Dreamer"

"We are like the dreamer, who dreams, and then lives inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?"

Well I thought this was another excellent, unsettling episode of television. 
fidozGredalBeehypergenesb[Deleted User]Elisacdrive

Comments

• Man... so much in this episode. Sarah the CreepShow Mother took the cake in this one.
  • I had no idea that Sarah Palmer had turned Strigoi. #CoverYourNeck
    GredalBeeElisa[Deleted User]
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 2017

So much going on this week!
    Diane is Janey-E's half-sister?

The giant has a name: the Fireman! And he gave the cockney London-town kid a super arm .. why? And apparently it is the actor's first role and in part he got it because Lynch saw his youtube video of him doing accents:

Never thought we'd see the lady with no eyes again, so was pretty jarring to have the crew find her in the woods. And Andy of all people gets to be the hero! The Fireman seems to be cobbling together a band of misfit heroes to put out the fire that is Bob and company.

Dude drooling blood in the jail cell was super unsettling.

And yea jesus christ Sarah Palmer, I knew they were foreshadowing something disturbing with her the last couple of episodes but holy shit did not see the face-remove (as red-room Laura did in the begining of the return for Coop) and neck-mauling coming.

Oh and we got Gordon's Monica Belluci dream!
    GredalBee[Deleted User]
  • This show continues to blow my mind every week. I'm still digesting this one. Can't wait until Gordon and Albert find Dougie, probably soon.

And what in seven hells is living inside Sarah Palmer??? That big smile you could see inside her head was Laura for sure.
    [Deleted User]
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Sarah Palmer a Tulpa?  OMG

Naido is back, when last we saw she jumped thru the vortex.  Does that mean Laura can return?  Who is after her?  Mr C and his cronies?  The Woodsmen?

It totally makes sense that Andy of pure heart would be taken and revealed all (plus he touched Naido/carressed her hands).  Time to gang up! LOL

Is Cooper the dreamer?  Is Dougie the dreamer?

Is the fake Cockney mate aka Dick Van Dyke from Mary Poppins revisited, going to arm wrestle Mr C and take him down?  LOL I wish.

WTH is James going to find?  

So is Billy the guy in the jail near evil Chad and Naido?  The gal in the Roadhouse said her Ma was Tina.  Does that mean Audrey's story was real?  Man I thought she was in a psychiatric ward and Charlie was her therapist.

Diane related to Jane-y? really? Is she lying?  Is this for real?  Is this just to get Dougie?  

So Major Briggs told Hawk and co to put some earth or soil in their pockets, so they could transport back to Jack Rabbit's Palace?  He knew they would lose time and memories?  Damn!

So much crazy info dump in this episode.
    [Deleted User]
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 2017
    Also: which squad from last night squad-ed the hardest? Our friends north of the wall are pretty great, but I don't think you can compete with matching Twin Peaks Sherrif's Deptartment backpacks and water bottles.

hypergenesbElisa
  • edited August 2017
    @elisa i cant take Diane at her word right now. It's hard to tell because I dont think her Vegas txt was from Mr. C. Possibly Jefferies but..... it's just too hard lol
  • If only Bowie was still alive...
    Elisa[Deleted User]DaveyMacGredalBeecdrive
  • ElisaElisa Los Angeles
    Yeah I am out on the Fuck Diane team right now too.
    [Deleted User]cdrive
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    This episode was bonkers but I did think it was good even though I was sitting there saying "I have no clue what is going on"

Damn Sarah Palmer you scary

When the team first approached Naido I was actually expecting it to be the Good Doppelganger of Diane even though she wasn't in the original. But hey what do I know

Even as bonkers as this is I have no idea what to make of Freddie and his rubber glove. Hopefully he is left handed because that could be really nasty if he needs to pee
  • AndrewAndrew New York
    The half-sister thing seemed so contrived to me.  I mean, it would be one thing if there were some clues along the way to hint at this. (And maybe there were, but I was too obtuse to parse them out.)  But as far as I can tell, they just dropped this in as an, "oh snap!" moment that wasn't earned.  

I'm also under the assumption now that Billy is a "40 and over, bend their knees to their shoulders" womanizer and he was running into Tina's house bleeding because he tried to hit on mama Palmer and was rejected.  He should know, if you don't get a Palmer, go home and give yourself a palmer.
    Elisa
  • Andrew said:

The half-sister thing seemed so contrived to me.  I mean, it would be one thing if there were some clues along the way to hint at this. (And maybe there were, but I was too obtuse to parse them out.)  But as far as I can tell, they just dropped this in as an, "oh snap!" moment that wasn't earned.  

I'm also under the assumption now that Billy is a "40 and over, bend their knees to their shoulders" womanizer and he was running into Tina's house bleeding because he tried to hit on mama Palmer and was rejected.  He should know, if you don't get a Palmer, go home and give yourself a palmer.
    The more I think about it, I think I'm convinced that Diane is lying about being Janey-E's half sister to get the Blue Rose team to Vegas, and/or maybe to setup DougieCooper as a dangerous suspect and get him killed by the FBI. Evil Cooper "made" Dougie so he'd have that info to pass on to Diane. That also could explain why the wedding ring with the inscription was planted on the body in SD.

AndrewElisaDanG
  • Also is glove-boy going to arm-wrestle Evil Cooper for the fate of the universe? Because that would be the best possible payoff of the last 2 episodes that I can imagine.
    [Deleted User]

• remind anyone of anything?
  • Im not sure if anybody has mentioned this previous but there is a weekly recap on the youtube channel Drinking With Comics called Evolution of the Arm.

Short recaps like 13-20 minutes. This guy is pretty good. Very knowledable and because I cant remember alot from the original series, he can make some pretty good connections.

Just thought I would throw it out there because I watched the review of EP13 &14 and was amazed by connections he made.
  • Andrew said:

The half-sister thing seemed so contrived to me.  I mean, it would be one thing if there were some clues along the way to hint at this. (And maybe there were, but I was too obtuse to parse them out.)  But as far as I can tell, they just dropped this in as an, "oh snap!" moment that wasn't earned.  .

It's hard to tell until we know what the hell Diane's deal with Bad Coop is. Did she knowingly set her sister up with the fake Coop that Bad Coop created to trick the Lodge (and does she know that's what Dougie is?), or did Bad Coop do that without her knowledge, or is she lying to manipulate the FBI?
    Elisa
This discussion has been closed.