Legal Troubles on TWD (Aka Kirkman vs AMC)

Comments

• @A_Ron_Hubbard and @Jim
    Looks like the TWD preview cast is going to be 50% predictions, 50% legal hour.
    MurderbearA_Ron_HubbardiMatty94GanGredalBeeJJ78MichelleShumate BS
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Well, the show is a mess at times so it makes sense if it's just as bad behind the scenes.
  • A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Did you hear Kirman is leaving this season, as well?
  • If you think Darabont is a dick, wait until Kirkman's emails get released...
    DeeGredalBeeElisaShumate BSMichael
  • Fuck you AMC seriously, holding onto profits like that? Wtf did they think was going to happen? All we all want is a well written comic book adaption show. I wonder if twd will be on AMC in 2018?
    Murderbear
  • @A_Ron_Hubbard I heard that Kirkman is leaving AMC for Amazon. 

I wonder if he  maybe was against all the stupid shit all along but was contractually obligated to do PR for it but finally got tired of bullshit and bailed? 
  • Some of those profits helped make 4 wonderful seasons of H&CF, so I'm not going to cry too hard about it.  Also, let's not pretend more money would fix TWD.
    Murderbearvoodoorat
  • This news is bitter sweet, i'm glad more people including Kirkman are finally stepping up against the bullies of AMC, but this could kill the show entirely.
  • The show still makes AMC enough money given that they put literally nothing in production that they can afford the lawsuit fees and probably still keep making money of TWD but if one major actor like Andy Lincoln or Chandler Riggs decides to quit after all of the legal hurdles they're probably done. I honestly couldn't care either way I think it's as equally entertaining to watch the process as it is the show at this point.
  • If Nicotero gets fed up then they'd also probably be done. They could probably replace Gimple with a less adequate yes man and keep going but if the zombie effects go downhill there's really no point anymore.
    Murderbear
  • MichelleMichelle California
    jleav382 said:

This news is bitter sweet, i'm glad more people including Kirkman are finally stepping up against the bullies of AMC, but this could kill the show entirely.

That might actually be a blessing in disguise.  I like the show, but to a degree.  It's been on a steady decline over the years, reinvigorated by JDM and the Negan character, but otherwise, yeah.  It's kind of time to wrap this thing up, isn't it?
    Shumate BS
  • The Walking Dead officially has more baggage than a chronic divorcée looking for their next spouse. Is if officially on death watch for anyone else? AMC is spinning this as lawsuits follow success, which is funny because this level of corruption even in the industry is unheard of. I find this pretty disgraceful, overall. It's pretty clear at this point AMC views this show as their personal piggybank.
  • Also, do any of you even want to watch season 8 at this point? The trailer looked like all the same shit! There wasn't a single scene of two massive armies going to war or guerilla warfare it was Daryl on his bike and a bunch of crap we've seen for years. The comic books are nowhere near as stale as the show has gotten.
    iMatty94
  • Also, do any of you even want to watch season 8 at this point? The trailer looked like all the same shit! There wasn't a single scene of two massive armies going to war or guerilla warfare it was Daryl on his bike and a bunch of crap we've seen for years. The comic books are nowhere near as stale as the show has gotten.

No matter how much they fuck up im always curious to see how they handle things
  • iMatty94 said:

Also, do any of you even want to watch season 8 at this point? The trailer looked like all the same shit! There wasn't a single scene of two massive armies going to war or guerilla warfare it was Daryl on his bike and a bunch of crap we've seen for years. The comic books are nowhere near as stale as the show has gotten.

Like a funeral or a car crash

• iMatty94 said:

Also, do any of you even want to watch season 8 at this point? The trailer looked like all the same shit! There wasn't a single scene of two massive armies going to war or guerilla warfare it was Daryl on his bike and a bunch of crap we've seen for years. The comic books are nowhere near as stale as the show has gotten.

Like a funeral or a car crash

I'm always curious to see how the funeral turns out
    Shumate BS
  • I'll watch it as long as BM covers it in whatever fashion. I always found the dumpster fire episode casts really funny to listen to.
    iMatty94
  • Michelle said:

jleav382 said:

This news is bitter sweet, i'm glad more people including Kirkman are finally stepping up against the bullies of AMC, but this could kill the show entirely.

That might actually be a blessing in disguise.  I like the show, but to a degree.  It's been on a steady decline over the years, reinvigorated by JDM and the Negan character, but otherwise, yeah.  It's kind of time to wrap this thing up, isn't it?
    Agreed, the problem is I'm in a dysfunctional relationship with this show, as much as it lets me down and disappoints me time and time again...I still don't want to see her go!
  • Oh, I'll absolutely keep watching - The Walking Dead used to actually entertain me, but now it just fascinates me in its failures and its behind-the-scenes drama. I want to see where it's all going, and what sort of effect this upcoming shitstorm will have on the show itself.
  • Alkaid13 said:

I'll watch it as long as BM covers it in whatever fashion. I always found the dumpster fire episode casts really funny to listen to.

I sometimes go through the podcasts for the mistake episodes. Good times
  • edited August 2017
    iMatty94 said:

Alkaid13 said:

I'll watch it as long as BM covers it in whatever fashion. I always found the dumpster fire episode casts really funny to listen to.

I sometimes go through the podcasts for the mistake episodes. 

Recommendations? 
  • Alkaid13Alkaid13 Georgia
    edited August 2017
    Welcome to the Tombs is an all time classic of failure.
    Some others: Slabtown, Coda, Vatos, Thank You, Swear, New Best Friends.
  • there's something meta about in universe the walking dead having a double meaning encompassing the zombies and the people, pile another layer on that for the show itself.
  • Kela15Kela15 Malta, Europe
    I'm in a toxic codependent relationship with twd...
This discussion has been closed.