DrDisrespect

Anyone watch this dude on Twitch? Freakin hilarious. Basically if a WWE character played video games
darwinfeeshy

Comments

• A_Ron_HubbardA_Ron_Hubbard Cincinnati, OH
    Yeah, I just started watching him this month. He cracks me and Cecily up. He does some stupid shit, like anytime he affects a Chinese accent, that I think is cheap and lazy, but his commitment to character and showmanship combined with his high level okay is absolutely unique.
  • What is up with this dude's mustache and hair situation?
    All part of the show.
  • I'm most impressed by his ability to nonsensically talk himself up in a smooth and nonstop manner. He just compliments himself using a series of words that don't really go together but somehow work?-- a la Trump.

He'll be all "join me in the most sophisticated world that I've created , that I, cultivate for the millions of members of the slick daddy club because I, of course, am just entering my prime. We're at the top of the mountain, ladies and gentlemen, and we're only half way up"

darwinfeeshy
  • edited October 2017
    DrDisRespect is a national treasure. He seems like a genuinely nice guy and is a breath of fresh air from all the 15-25 year olds on Twitch.
    gguenot
    I haven't seen it yet because all of the Stranger Things I've been doing, but I hear this video podcast interview with the Doc is pretty good.
    darwinfeeshygguenot
  • With google prototype scopes with built in lcd led 1080p Sony technology, no less
  • I like DansGaming.  That guy is fucking hilarious.
  • edited November 2017
    Ha I just watched the 30 for 30 about Ric Flair, it was immediately apparent that Dr. Disrespect is basically the Nature Boy of gaming:

gguenot
  • I used to watch his CoD videos back when he was starting out. His gameplay was ok, but the beginnings of his videos made them an instaclick. 

gguenot
  • Not exactly the end to 2017 that I was expecting.

• Yea that’s pretty brutal. I enjoyed watching him because I believed he was a genuine good guy putting on an act. People make mistakes, but it’s hard supporting someone after doing this
  • Do you think it was right for him to air his this publicly?  I can't imagine this to be a wise career move.  
  • I dont think so from a career standpoint. Perhaps his wife gave him an ultimatum that she needed his persona to die so he could focus on his family. Because after breaking character in the way he did, theres no way he could go back to his character. "The two-time" has a different connotation to it after this news.
    edited December 2017
    Ya, that was tough. My wife and I were in mourning like it was our best friend or something. I got her a SDC t-shirt for Christmas and now that gift is whomp whomp. I honestly expected better from a guy who seemed so well adjusted and in his mid 30s in every out of character moment I've ever seen him. 

Ninja has won over our twitch time of late. But I'll miss the Doc. I don't see him ever coming back, and if he does it won't be the same.
    gguenot
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Yeah, I don't see how he could come back with that persona after something like that. It's too much of a personal disclosure. He may do streaming, but like @A_Ron_Hubbard said it won't be able to be the same. And if he tries to make it the same he will be in for it from snarky viewers who have no problem teasing him about crying on camera and infidelity. 
    gguenot
  • Yea Ninjas always been legit— it’s just I only had so much time to watch twitch and the Doc took precedence.

Looking to give my free monthly Prime sub to someone. *cough* baldmove *cough* 
  • He said about cheating on his wife after winning trending gamer? And even after 1st being nominated. Wow. 
  • gguenot said:
    Yea Ninjas always been legit— it’s just I only had so much time to watch twitch and the Doc took precedence.

Looking to give my free monthly Prime sub to someone. *cough* baldmove *cough* 
    I still don't understand what the hell that does. 
    Gives your favorite streamer about three bucks for "free".
  • So I guess the Doc is back?! (Don’t have a YouTube link, only saw it on his twitter)

wowowowow. I didn’t think he could come back to his persona after what he did, and I have mixed feelings about normalizing it, but man, is that man a marketing genius.
    darwinfeeshy
  • edited January 20
    New twitter post:

Something is gonna happen on Feb. 5. He'll probably start streaming again.

Things seem to have worked out for the Doc and his family, and they probably miss all that Twitch $$$$$$$.
    gguenot
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited February 5
    wowowowow Dr pulling in 200K viewers right now

edit: 300K
  • bizmarkiefaderbizmarkiefader San Francisco
    I mean the guy is entertaining but ?????

I feel so old
    rustywright4
  • And it looks like he broke twitch... Huh
  • edited February 5
    I've been watching for about 15-20 minutes, but I think he's made around 4k in donations. The support this guy gets is crazy. 

Edit: 2 minutes later he gets a 5k donation. Chargebacks for this day are going to be crazy. 
  • Just had 11 kills and a solo win in first PUBG game... and a single donation worth $5k. What the fuck! haha
  • So far i see no trolling in chat about his infidelity, most likely in the upcoming weeks after they hype dies down. Really interested to see how he responds and how he incorporates his wife into his streams going forward-- looks like shes going to play a bigger role based on his promo vid.
    Yeah, first game back and it's a win.  Peak of 375k viewers that I saw AND he won his first game.  I missed the first 10 minutes of his stream because of all the twitch crashing, can't wait to see how it went.