312 - Chapter Thirty Eight

Director: Unknown
Writer: Unknown

Comments

• trippytrippy Saint Louis
    So here's my big problem with this episode.   I the podcast for chapter 32, the discussion came up of those stupid things that occur in movies and tv shows that take us completely out of the story (Jackie covering herself right after sex, fake drinking out of empty cups, smoking with no inhaling etc etc).     This episode had a big one.

They had an open fire in the middle of the oval office.  C'mon guys.   This wasn't someone lighting a cigarette, this was a FIRE.   As soon as that was lit,  within an instant I should have seen an orgy of alarms, firemen/secret service  kicking down doors, and fire suppression systems  spewing layers and layers of foam.

There is no way, NO WAY that someone can just light a fire in the oval.  I seriously doubt you could even light a cigarette there.  Hell,  JEd Bartlett never lit one there . 

It basically ruined a fantastic scene for me.
    _____
    Nothing says 'This situation is serious' like a corpse on the floor.
    -Anon.
  • Frakkin TFrakkin T Boston MA
    @trippy you don't think presidents have smoked in there from time to time? Who's gonna tell him that he can't?

I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, “If this isn’t nice, I don’t know what is."

• trippytrippy Saint Louis
    edited March 2015
    Actually I'd really think that it simply wouldn't be a thing to try.   I do know that the white house has serious fire suppression systems for obvious reasons,  I don't know how sensitive they might be.   But as we have seen, in this universe the President decidedly doesn't smoke in the Oval Office, he goes (just) outside.   Additionally this wasn't a smoking a cigarette.  This was an open fire.
    _____
    Nothing says 'This situation is serious' like a corpse on the floor.
    -Anon.