SANDWICHES!

14567810»

Comments

• MichelleMichelle California
    Haha, why do I feel it was just kinda a little like this?

ChinaskiHatorian
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    haha @Michelle no fries and whatever that slop on the side is. really tho, may sound like a lot but they do a great job proportioning the bread, meat, and produce. that oil n vin with salt n pep just balances everything out! and that's not even my fav sandwich from that spot!
    Michelle
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Chinaski said:
    haha @Michelle no fries and whatever that slop on the side is. really tho, may sound like a lot but they do a great job proportioning the bread, meat, and produce. that oil n vin with salt n pep just balances everything out! and that's not even my fav sandwich from that spot!
    Well don't keep us in suspense....
    Chinaski
    Well don't keep us in suspense....
    Right???  Spill it!
    Chinaski
    haha the best sandwich ever imo (i still don't know the ingredients. shout out 'Chris Combo') and the best raviolis come from this place. i love this place sooooo much!

Michelle
    Chinaski said:
    haha the best sandwich ever imo (i still don't know the ingredients. shout out 'Chris Combo') and the best raviolis come from this place. i love this place sooooo much!

Funny, all of the reviews say that the restaurant won't tell you what's on the sandwich, yet wouldn't you just know once you get it and look at it?  Looking at the pic it seems like turkey, maybe salami?, lettuce, mayo, cracked pepper, and is that pepperoncini or pesto in the middle?  Do they put cheese on it?  It does look good.
    edited August 14
    i mean, i have an idea of what's in it but not the actual specifics (just can't put my finger on it. trust me, i've tried). its turkey, some kind of Italian meat (guessing one of their salamis) that has a unique crisp to it, cheese, lettuce, and this italian seasoning creamy garlicy sauce. it was a 'secret' item for the longest time then everyone caught wind of it. probably their best seller and it's still not on their menu.

edit: actually nm, it's on their menu now. but it wasn't for awhile.
    Michelle
    any of y'all been to any of these? now i want a chicken sandwich :|

Michelle
    Chinaski said:

I have been to Cutty's a few times. I lived about a 5-minute walk from them. But I never got a chicken sandwich there, mostly I got the brisket sandwiches and such. 
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:

Ohh, that Blue Ribbon sandwich looks *amazing*.  
    Chinaski
    Has anyone ever made a grilled cheese on raisin bread?  I made one earlier and it was :kissing_heart:
    ChinaskiFreddy
    edited August 17
    Michelle said:
    Has anyone ever made a grilled cheese on raisin bread?  I made one earlier and it was :kissing_heart:
    no but that is a very interesting combo. i'd try it!

reminded me of this..

edit: weird it posted the wrong link
    Michelle
  • MrXMrX CO
    edited August 17
    Had a solid eggplant parm today from a local chain here in Colorado (Picture not by me - from their website). I added lettuce, pickles and mushrooms b/c that's how I roll

ChinaskiFreddy
    edited August 17
    There is this place near me that has the most wackadoo combinations of ingredients. I promise most of you will look at the menu and not want to try it. But if you are ever in the area, give it a shot. I have yet to have a bad sandwich from them. They have all ranged from good-great. And the menu changes on a day-to-day basis, so that is always fun. They just aren't going to be your standards....as you will see: http://www.timmysbrownbag.com/our-daily-menu.html
    Chinaskicdrive
    There is this place near me that has the most wackadoo combinations of ingredients. I promise most of you will look at the menu and not want to try it. But if you are ever in the area, give it a shot. I have yet to have a bad sandwich from them. They have all ranged from good-great. And the menu changes on a day-to-day basis, so that is always fun. They just aren't going to be your standards....as you will see: http://www.timmysbrownbag.com/our-daily-menu.html
    wow, very interesting pairings. i could totally see this place on DDD. what do you normally get or recommend?
    edited August 17
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    no but that is a very interesting combo. i'd try it!

reminded me of this..

edit: weird it posted the wrong link
    Apricot & goat cheese is *so* good.  Half the apricot lengthwise, remove the pit, get a slight char on it, then stuff with goat cheese & bake for however long it takes the cheese to get a bit melty (but not overly so).  Drizzle with balsamic. 

Other than that, a basic fruit/cheese pairing I like is green apple with brie. mmmmmm :)
    I've never tried pear with brie, but it sounds interesting and I love pears, so...
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:
    wow, very interesting pairings. i could totally see this place on DDD. what do you normally get or recommend?
    I don't go there a ton because you kind of have to be in that experimental mode. And sometimes I am just wanting something more mainstream. Also, since the menu is constantly changing that is hard to say. I have had a bite from the Farmer's Market Peach and Brie and it was fantastic. On their current menu Their egg salad or chicken salad (though I see they have added duck in there as well now) was super good. I did not care for their Crunchy Grilled Cheese, but even that was serviceable. 

I really want to try the Krab Rangoon one, though, that is next on my list. 
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX

Amazing!  “ BALONEY FRIED! STOLICHNAYA MORTADELLA + HAVARTI + all smashed up Cerignola Green Olives + honey walnut aioli on sweet sliced brioche”

MichelleChinaskiMoonMan13
    cdrive said:

Amazing!  “ BALONEY FRIED! STOLICHNAYA MORTADELLA + HAVARTI + all smashed up Cerignola Green Olives + honey walnut aioli on sweet sliced brioche”

My friend had that a few weeks back and loved every bite of it!
    cdrive
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    @Garthgou81 got me all inspired today.  This is the “roll the hard six” by this little gem The Ploughman’s Deli near us.  

MichelleChinaskiFreddy
    cdrive said:
    @Garthgou81 got me all inspired today.  This is the “roll the hard six” by this little gem The Ploughman’s Deli near us.  

I just read the ingrenients and boy does that sound great. Those onions and roast beef look amazing. 
    cdriveFreddy
    alright, so who lives by or has been to a Wawa? is it as awesome as i envision it? a gas station that looks like it has some pretty awesome sandwiches and snacks!
    Chinaski said:
    alright, so who lives by or has been to a Wawa? is it as awesome as i envision it? a gas station that looks like it has some pretty awesome sandwiches and snacks!
    I have been, but probably approaching 20 years ago. I recall it being a game changer even back then.
    Chinaski