SANDWICHES!

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited February 2018
    @akritenbrink That's what you get when the French get brought into the mix. Sandwich wise, that is. I'm not French. Never have been, never will be.
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    Freddy said:
    @Chinaski Okay. It wasn't fresh enough, but not stale. Meat was good, but again, not great. They did wrap the provologne up in the meat before heating, which was a nice touch. The aus jus was solid as well. I'm starting to get angry about this.
    ok ok one last question.. and this may intensify the anger... at this place, is there something on the menu that you usually go with that's 'old faithful' and 'great'?
    edited February 2018
    @Chinaski Yeah, the cute bartender. Half kidding. I wanted a couple of beers and a burger/sandwich, and I hit it off with the bartender when I was there on Saturday (out day-drinking with friends; moseyed on in for a beer). Had seen her at a real niche concert a couple of Saturdays before, so I figured it was fate that she was the bartender a couple later. Random, then Fate, then Light Stalking. That's the natural progression, right? She wasn't even working tonight. Man, fuck that French fucking sandwich.
    Chinaski
    I know I might be starting some Lost-level drama here, but I think French Dips are totally overrated.
    httpwwwreactiongifscomwp-contentuploads201309danny-oh-nogif
    Freddy
    Freddy said:
    @Chinaski Yeah, the cute bartender.
    OPEN AND SHUT CASE JOHNSON! 
    FreddycdriveTravis
    Chinaski said:
    I know I might be starting some Lost-level drama here, but I think French Dips are totally overrated.
    httpwwwreactiongifscomwp-contentuploads201309danny-oh-nogif
    They don't even have cheese. What kind of sandwich is that? 
    ok i'm going to have to ask you to step off if you bring a BLT into this :#
    Freddy
    BLT on sourdough with a fried egg is up there with my favorites. But as much as I'm a very pretty man, I'm not "egg yoke dripping down my face" pretty, so I only get to eat those at the house.
    Chinaski
    edited February 2018
    @Freddy - that sir is a helluva sandwich. this pretty man will do that open face, with a fried or pouched egg on each side, with a knife and fork. gotta keep it classy my dude
    i had a thinly sliced tri tip sandwich today, with bbq steak sauce, fried shallot strings and smoked cheddar that pretty much set the tone to my weekend.
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Chinaski said:
    saw this on DDD today. holy my goodness! i want!

I used to live a 5-minute walk from that place. I freaking loved it. 
    Chinaski
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    I live on Mass Ave in Indianapolis and a pizza joint called Bazbeaux has this killer fresh mozzarella sandwich. It's fresh mozzarella, mixed greens, vinegar and oil, sun dried tomatoes and prosciutto on baguette bread. It is straight fire. best sandwich I've ever had. 

Chinaski said:
    saw this on DDD today. holy my goodness! i want!

I used to live a 5-minute walk from that place. I freaking loved it. 
    dang! big ups to you! what was good?
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    Their chips were fantastic, as far as sandwiches, it is hard to beat that Roast Beef 1000 (slow-roasted beef, crispy shallots, 1000 island, sharp cheddar, brioche). I'd get an order of chips, the RB1000, and their homemade Limeade. 
    came across this list before i had lunch today, which put my hunger at another level.

Oh that reminds me of a place I can't believe I didn't mention before.. Salumi in Seattle, which is run by Mario Batali's dad and sister (I think). They make their cured meats and have legendary sandwiches. It's a hole in the wall with a LONG ass line and you basically have to fight for a table if you want to eat in haha.

http://www.salumicuredmeats.com/#storefront/photos
    from their site

From Yelp

you just opened the salavation sensation flood gates! 
    Travis
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Every time I see this thread title, I just think of Joey Tribbiani.

ChinaskiTravis
  • TravisTravis CA
    edited July 2018
    Chinaski said:
    came across this list before i had lunch today, which put my hunger at another level.

I cried a little inside when I saw the Caprese on this list. My wife just found out ~3 weeks ago that she has a severe gluten allergy, a severe dairy allergy, and for the kicker a severe coconut allergy (and she was a pescatarian to begin with (really a vegetarian by nature, but her doctor said that it would be in her best interest to try to get some meat protein into her diet so she reconciled the fish thing) so in essence now everything we used to eat is off the table. Anyhoo, she would have died for that sandwich a month ago. Oh man, it looks good.

That said, with this being the sandwich thread. We've been rocking a lot of classic PB&Js on gluten free bread recently and it has been amazing. They kind of fell out of my mind for about a decade and a half there, but goddammit PB&J is amazing!
    Chinaskicdrive
    @Travis- our cafe at work has PB&J's for 2 bucks. that's my go to when nothing on the menu sounds good to me. call it 'the old faithful'.
    MichellecdriveTravis
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    edited July 2018
    Same for me 2 weeks ago.  $1.99 for a classic PBJ at this grab-n-go deli in my neighborhood. First time I noticed them. Looked so damn good cut in triangles with the cut side PBJ pressed against the Saran Wrap it was in.

I forgot how good they were but I also forgot how much peanut butter fills you up.  I was so stuffed after eating just a plain ol’ PBJ, I couldn’t believe it!  
    ChinaskiTravis
    cdrive said:
    cut in triangles with the cut side PBJ pressed against the Saran Wrap it was in.
    that right there sir are a couple slices of heaven!
    cdriveTravis
    Chazz Palmenteri has some choice words about the ole PBJ in this gem:

alright, who's had a 'Chopped Cheese' sandwich? i need to add it to the menu for the Deli i don't own.

Michelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    That sounds so good.  I know they referenced the similarity to cheesesteak or cheeseburger, but it also reminds me of a modified patty melt.
    ChinaskiMurderbear
  • Just had a sandwich, ladies and gents 
    ChinaskicdriveMichelleMurderbearTravis