SANDWICHES!

Comments

• ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    gguenot said:
    Just had a sandwich, ladies and gents 
    please continue. i'm going to guess turkey.
  • Chinaski said:
    gguenot said:
    Close, just a SoCal Chicken from Urbane Cafe. Chicken, lettuce, cheese, avocado, and a chipotle/corn aoli 
    ChinaskiNoelMichellecdrive
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    I am doing keto these days, I am not sure why I keep coming into this thread. Its a specialized form of torture. 
    gguenotChinaskiMichelleNoelMurderbearcdriveFreddy
    gguenot said:
    Chinaski said:
    gguenot said:
    Close, just a SoCal Chicken from Urbane Cafe. Chicken, lettuce, cheese, avocado, and a chipotle/corn aoli 
    gguenot from California ordered with avocado. how cliché :p
    cdrivegguenotMichelleNoel
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    I was also inspired by this thread to make myself a nice sandwich. It was delicious, thanks fam.
    ChinaskiMurderbearcdriveMichellegguenot
  • Me in the kitchen after the Sandwich Thread pops back up:

MurderbearcdriveNoelMichellegguenotChinaskiFreddy
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Anyone ever have Penn Station? It started in 1985 in Cincinnati but it has expanded from here to quite a few places in the mid-east Atlantic region. I worked there for a few years many years ago but damn it's good! The cheesesteak and their teriyaki chicken are amazing. And the fries are fantastic too. If you ever see one, I recommend trying it out. 
    Michelle
  • Penn Station is somewhere between good and really good.  Solid 7.5 outta 10.

• MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    tom_g said:
    Penn Station is somewhere between good and really good.  Solid 7.5 outta 10.

Aww. I will say though I only eat there a couple times a year even though I think about it often ha
  • My absolute favorite sandwich, with my second favorite, a grilled Rueben, being a far distant second is from a weekday lunch shop in Boston's downtown names after a Chilean sandwich, Chacarero.

A Chacarero begins with homemade bread, made fresh daily that is just unreal.

You can choose between tender grilled steak or chicken (or both).

Then add Muenster cheese,fresh tomatoes, steamed green beans, an avocado spread on the bread, a jalapeno sauce  and salt, pepper.

You can get habanero sauce but the original jalapeno is a perfect taste to me, it is spicy without being too hot with such a great combination of flavors. 

I hated even mentioning it because now I want one so bad. If I lived near it I would be just shy of 1,000 lbs
    NoelMurderbearChinaski
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    What are the best sides for a sandwich? Sure it depends on the type of sandwich, but chips and a pickle are the most universal, no?
    Noel said:
    What are the best sides for a sandwich? Sure it depends on the type of sandwich, but chips and a pickle are the most universal, no?
    what kind of chips?
  • NoelNoel Dallas, TX
    Chinaski said:
    Noel said:
    what kind of chips?
    Jalapeño are my favorite. Salt & Vinegar are what's served in Hell.
    anyone had a 'Japanese sandwich'?

• BrieanneBrieanne California
    Chinaski said:

Those look amazing!
  • I honestly feel like the guy from the WeRateDogs twitter. Every sandwich is like a 12/10. 
    Chinaski
  • cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:

Those look dope!

The egg salad reminds me of something similar I’ve had but it was a potato salad sandwich. Tiny cube carrot and peas in mustard potato salad but with like kewpie mayo and chilled af in a Hawaiian Bun slider but from a Ranch 99 style Asian bakery. 
    Chinaski
    nice @cdrive! sounds awesome.

on that 'japanese sandwich' note, adding crispy savory bacon to the egg salad one would take it up a notch imo.
    cdrive
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    Noel said:
    Soup in the winter. Ice cold beer and day sex in the summer. Next question.
    ChinaskiCALVlLlAINNoel
    Freddy said:
    Noel said:
    what kind of soup, with what kind of sandwich?
  • Chinaski said:

on that 'japanese sandwich' note, adding crispy savory bacon to the egg salad one would take it up a notch imo.

Is the anything bacon doesn't make better?

We might just need to retire bacon. Call it the sandwich king and not use it in anymore discussions. It is playing with an unfair advantage. It's like Michael Jordan in his prime playing a kindergarten class.
    Chinaski
  • FreddyFreddy Denton, Texas
    edited May 2019
    Chinaski said:
    Freddy said:
    Noel said:
    Creamy potato. Open faced. Wait... you did say what kind of sex right?
    Chinaski
    Freddy said:
    Chinaski said:
    Freddy said:
    Noel said:
    Creamy potato. Open faced. Wait... you did say what kind of sex right?
    only you at @Freddy .. only you can pull off the 'Creamy Potato' in the sack. sounds wild bro :D
    CapeGabe said:
    Chinaski said:

Is the anything bacon doesn't make better?

We might just need to retire bacon. Call it the sandwich king and not use it in anymore discussions. It is playing with an unfair advantage. It's like Michael Jordan in his prime playing a kindergarten class.
    i'm not a fan of bacon jam or sweet bacon like candied bacon or maple bacon. that's like Michael Jordan on the Wizards to me.
    CapeGabeMichelle
  • MichelleMichelle California
    Chinaski said:

The egg yolk looks underdone which kind of puts me off of it a little, but otherwise they look super yum.  And I agree, adding bacon would take it to next level - what about a slight drizzle of bbq sauce as a condiment?
    Chinaski
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

The egg yolk looks underdone which kind of puts me off of it a little, but otherwise they look super yum.  And I agree, adding bacon would take it to next level - what about a slight drizzle of bbq sauce as a condiment?
    The runny yolk it where it’s at for me! 

But it to each their own <span>:wink:</span>
    ChinaskiCapeGabeDummyNoel
    Brieanne said:
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:

The runny yolk it where it’s at for me! 

But it to each their own <span>:wink:</span>
    I actually like runny yolk, but I like it when I'm having breakfast-style eggs.  For a hard-boiled egg, I prefer my yolk to be soft and cooked thoroughly, not 'smooshy' or runny.
  • Japanese milk bread - shokupan - is the king of white breads. Makes a killer grilled cheese. 

ChinaskiMichellerusskelly
    i'm there with ya @Brieanne, that soft boiled egg in the middle FTW!

and that Japanese milk bread will be in my life sooner than later. shout out @MrX for the tip!
    Dummy
    Chinaski said:
    i'm there with ya @Brieanne, that soft boiled egg in the middle FTW!
    I'm on this hill alone. :unamused:  That's ok though, it's better than soft-boiled yolk. :smirk:
    Chinaski