SANDWICHES!

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

don't they call their bologna 'mortadella'? i just can't do subway. i can't help but think of that creep Jared, and that overpowering Subway bread smell. 'Subway! Eat Flesh!'.

y'all in Texas have Schlotzsky's. turbo jealous! 
    You had Schlotzsky's living in my head rent free for the past few days so I had to hit them up today!
    haha nice! what's your jam there? usually get the same or do you mix it up?
    I sometimes fuck with the turkey but usually I go with the original.  Original today too.  
  • ChinaskiChinaski Santa Cruz, CA
    edited August 2019
    umm.. i don't even know what to say to this. pickle me this?

• MichelleMichelle California
    ^^^^^^^^^ :mask: 
    (where's the 'puke' emoticon?  'cause ew.  I like dill pickles but not *that* much!)
    Chinaski
  • My favorite sandwich is a carne asada street taco.
    Chinaski said:
    umm.. i don't even know what to say to this. pickle me this?

It looks like they’re turbo capable of making a bomb ass sandwich.....and then they fuck it all up! Haha

and I’m a pickle fiend! 
    Chinaski
    Michelle said:
    ^^^^^^^^^ :mask: 
    (where's the 'puke' emoticon?  'cause ew.  I like dill pickles but not *that* much!)

cdrive said:

It looks like they’re turbo capable of making a bomb ass sandwich.....and then they fuck it all up! Haha

and I’m a pickle fiend! 
    haha not gonna lie. i wouldn't be opposed to to trying it.
    Michelle
    alright, here is a question. you get one LAST sandwich EVER. here's the catch, you only get 3 ingredients and your choice of bread.

btw- you're welcomed to say Hot Dog, but would that really be your last 'sandwich'? hey, if so.. shout out Vienna Beef: Chicago Style Hot Dogs!
  • The 3 ingredients is the problem here. It's madness, madness I tell you! No sandwich can only hold 3 ingredients! 

Under these rules I'll go with Italian bread from local bakery, cut semi thick, Prosciutto di Parma cut razor thin,  thick slice of Buffalo Mozzarella from Italy, and Basil Olive Oil. If that is a cheat then fresh basil, no <sob> olive oil.
    Chinaski
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Ham, provolone, Dijon mustard on a French roll.

Classic and delicious!
    Chinaski
    Brieanne said:

Classic and delicious!
    haha i had a pre-made on the go sandwich from my work cafe today that was similar. ham, swiss, brown mustard on a baguette roll. baguette rolls for sandwiches are the worse! roof scrapping bastards!
    Chinaski said:
    alright, here is a question. you get one LAST sandwich EVER. here's the catch, you only get 3 ingredients and your choice of bread.

btw- you're welcomed to say Hot Dog, but would that really be your last 'sandwich'? hey, if so.. shout out Vienna Beef: Chicago Style Hot Dogs!
    Italian beef sammich from Al’s Beef. 3 ingredients: beef, peppers, and the dunk in the juice. 
    Chinaski
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

Italian beef sammich from Al’s Beef. 3 ingredients: beef, peppers, and the dunk in the juice. 
    press pause @cdrive. now are we talking multiple type peppers? if so, you can only pick one type of pepper.
  • BrieanneBrieanne California
    Chinaski said:
    Brieanne said:

Classic and delicious!
    haha i had a pre-made on the go sandwich from my work cafe today that was similar. ham, swiss, brown mustard on a baguette roll. baguette rolls for sandwiches are the worse! roof scrapping bastards!
    Yeah, baguettes are terrible...must be a soft French roll!
    Chinaski
    Chinaski said:
    cdrive said:
    Chinaski said:

press pause @cdrive. now are we talking multiple type peppers? if so, you can only pick one type of pepper.
    Whoah whoah whoah there, pepper police. Giardiniera is a conglomerate but it comes in a jar as a singular topping okay!?!!!!
    Chinaski
    cdrive said:

Whoah whoah whoah there, pepper police. Giardiniera is a conglomerate but it comes in a jar as a singular topping okay!?!!!!
    Image result for noted gif
    cdriveNoel
    Went thru the drive thru of Antone’s Original Poboys in my hood and got The Piggy which is a 50 yr old classic that was resurrected 2 years ago. It’s a ham salad poboy. So good.

CapeGabeChinaskiMichelleFreddyNoel
    cdrive said:
    Went thru the drive thru of Antone’s Original Poboys in my hood and got The Piggy which is a 50 yr old classic that was resurrected 2 years ago. It’s a ham salad poboy. So good.

hot damn dude! i'd take that all day, every day!
    cdrive said:

Looks yummy but am I seeing onions? :mask:
    Noel
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:

wait what? pull the E Brake! i thought that was cheese!
    MichelleNoel
  • Garthgou81Garthgou81 Placerville, CA
    CapeGabe said:
    The 3 ingredients is the problem here. It's madness, madness I tell you! No sandwich can only hold 3 ingredients! 

Under these rules I'll go with Italian bread from local bakery, cut semi thick, Prosciutto di Parma cut razor thin,  thick slice of Buffalo Mozzarella from Italy, and Basil Olive Oil. If that is a cheat then fresh basil, no <sob> olive oil.
    This would be my answer. When I lived in Boston it’s pretty much what I’d get, except a dash of vinegar as well. I loved that fucking place so much. They’d cut it and then show off that the prosciutto, basil and, and mozzarella looked like the Italian flag.
    ChinaskiMichelleCapeGabe
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:

It might be cheese!  I saw that melted cheese under the pickle & thought the smaller, translucent-looking chunks were diced onions.  Still though, you could order it without onions & it would be *amazing*.
    Chinaskicdrive
  • I’ve been on a subway binge lately. There’s a subway right next to my house walking distance. And I eat sandwiches religiously for lunch. I’ve grown up with the brown bag lunch for school. Which was my mom making either Ham, turkey, bologna, or salami. But it was always a sandwich with a few toppings. 

Now I’ve just been devouring subway. My favourite Sandwiches have been the Melt, toasted, double meat, cheese, lettuce, black olives, onion, green pepper, salt and pepper and mayo. Then I do Turkey, double meat, lettuce and mayo only not toasted. Lastly it’s the BMT double meat not toasted, lettuce, onion, black olives, green pepper, mayo and salt/pepper. 

Ive been eating subway 4 or 5 times a week. Addicted 
    cdrive
    edited August 2019
    Michelle said:
    Chinaski said:
    Michelle said:
    cdrive said:

It might be cheese!  I saw that melted cheese under the pickle & thought the smaller, translucent-looking chunks were diced onions.  Still though, you could order it without onions & it would be *amazing*.
    It’s little cubes of cheese. Haha. No onions. It’s also cubes of pickles, peppers and ham decadence. I’m an onion fan but I know when onions need to stay back like in a sandwich salad. There were no onions. Haha
    Chinaski
    edited August 2019
    cdrive said:
    It’s little cubes of cheese. Haha. No onions. It’s also cubes of pickles, peppers and ham decadence. I’m an onion fan but I know when onions need to stay back like in a sandwich salad. There were no onions. Haha
    “wait what? pull the E Brake!” :tongue:
    Peppers??? Deal breaker!
    Chinaski
  • russkellyrusskelly Indianapolis
    Any bakers in the house? I've been baking my own bread recently. Currently in love with challah bread. Makes a great sandwich.
    ChinaskiMichelle
    russkelly said:
    Any bakers in the house? I've been baking my own bread recently. Currently in love with challah bread. Makes a great sandwich.
    nice! challah bread is killer for bread pudding and french toast.

sadly, i don't have the patience to bake :#
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    Has anyone had the latest craze, the new chicken sandwich from Popeyes? I had one the other day and I have to say, it lives up to the hype. It's so simple but all the elements come together for a perfect sandwich. The meat is amazing.

For many years, the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's has been my absolute favorite fast food sandwich. So good. I've only had one Popeyes chicken sandwich so it's a bit early to say anything rash but it may be coming for that crown. It's that good. Also, I only had the classic. I haven't tried the spicy variant yet.
    ChinaskiMichelle
    edited August 2019
    Has anyone had the latest craze, the new chicken sandwich from Popeyes? I had one the other day and I have to say, it lives up to the hype. It's so simple but all the elements come together for a perfect sandwich. The meat is amazing.

For many years, the spicy chicken sandwich from Wendy's has been my absolute favorite fast food sandwich. So good. I've only had one Popeyes chicken sandwich so it's a bit early to say anything rash but it may be coming for that crown. It's that good. Also, I only had the classic. I haven't tried the spicy variant yet.
    it's been the craze alright. i gotta try it! long lines and sold out in my area, and it's not a line i wanna sit in for 50 minutes.

shout out Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich as well! that was my jam back in the day! did you see the Twitter exchanges between Popeye's, Chick-fil-a and Wendy's? pretty funny.

MurderbearMichelle

We unfortunately don’t have a Popeye’s here.  I’ve always been partial to the Jack in the Box chicken sandwich - the regular one on their value menu.  Extra lettuce so you get the crunch, add cheese, and a hot & juicy yet perfectly crisp breaded patty.  It’s simple perfection.
    MurderbearChinaski
  • Has anyone had the latest craze, the new chicken sandwich from Popeyes? I had one the other day and I have to say, it lives up to the hype. It's so simple but all the elements come together for a perfect sandwich. The meat is amazing.

I tried to, but the Popeye's I went to was in a mall and for someone don't do the sandwiches there. I was sad. Gonna have to try again soon.

That reminds me, I also need to make this:

ChinaskiMurderbear