Directed by: Alan Taylor
Written by: David Benioff & D. B. Weiss

Comments

• cdrivecdrive Houston, TX
    So pumped about this being 71 minutes.
  • wampakuwampaku Colorado
    cdrive said:

So pumped about this being 71 minutes.

...But now I have to decide whether to wait an hour to start watching, miss the first 11 minutes of live recording and finish the ep, or watch the first 60 minutes twice and the last 11 once. Choices, choices...
  • davemcbdavemcb Melbourne
    The whole Hound and Tormund exchange was incredible 
    KingKobraweeniegirlmusicanysAlkaid13MichellebudesignsDanibennytube
    edited August 2017
    Gendry looked to have Rick Grimes level cardio but he was more a power athlete than an endurance runner
    musicanys
  • Yea, I'm usually the one defending episodes, but that episode pissed me off. Mainly due to Arya being a real cunt
    ghm3musicanysweeniegirlSlytherinSisterMartinmc0LittleLioness
  • I'm I liked it, seems a small poll of FB friends thought it was great...still waiting to see if any negative reviews come through.
    Michelle
  • weeniegirlweeniegirl Atlanta, GA
    Hating the Arya/Sansa plot! I want to pick Arya up by the scruff of the neck and shake her like a mama direwolf. It's a disservice to all her character has been through to make her come right back to her childhood differences with her sister, but now with knives instead of throwing food. Ugh!
    ghm3ElisaLittleLioness
  • edited August 2017
    I love the show, but this episode for me was the stupidest one I've ever seen in terms of the actions of the characters. Idiots all around, or completely out of character. And now the dead have a dragon. Great effects and eye candy though.
    gguenotElisaLittleLioness
  • Dragons/Ice dragon/HoundvTormound: Cool.

However:

- Fuuuuuuuucckkk the Stark sisters and Arya's garbage character arc.
     - Wights should have wasted the party from the get go. Why are they afraid of the ice. They are seemingly  limitless and also undead.
    - Drogon could have wasted all of the whitewalkers.
    - The Night King could have wasted Drogon and the entire party with one throw.
    - Again Drogon could have wasted the night King immediately after them failing to waste one another initially
    - There was plenty of time for Benjen to get on the horse. He did nothing by getting wasted.
    gguenotmusicanysghm3weeniegirlElisaLittleLionesspoorfool
  • I so agree. They're the only Starks left and she is threating her only sister.
    gguenot said:

Yea, I'm usually the one defending episodes, but that episode pissed me off. Mainly due to Arya being a real cunt

ghm3weeniegirlElisa
  • So it would seem that this whole stupid expedition to capture a wight was really basically just a drawn out forced way to get the Night King to recruit a dragon.

And yeah I also hated the Arya/Sansa development this episode. That last scene with them made me wonder about Arya already wearing Littlefinger's face to get Sansa to send Brienne away (another stupid forced development this episode). I don't think they'd get rid of Littlefinger offscreen like that though.

musicanysElisaLittleLioness
  • edited August 2017
    I enjoyed this episode but the dumb plan got what it deserved. To lose a dragon over ONE fucking white walker? Huge L for everyone involved.
    ElisaLittleLioness
  • Also, I was expecting a Hardhome, Blackwater, BotB level episode and I don't feel like we got it. Yea the dragons coming in was cool and Viscerion dying was emotional, but I needed a rage scream/cry from Dany and i now see where J&A are coming from with Emilia's lack of acting chops.
    moughajcElisamanhattnik
  • I agree with you about the Sansa/Arya plot. True the double D's will let us watch Little Finger get his just desserts but they look like they will drag it out to season 7.
    ghm3 said:

So it would seem that this whole stupid expedition to capture a wight was really basically just a drawn out forced way to get the Night King to recruit a dragon.

And yeah I also hated the Arya/Sansa development this episode. That last scene with them made me wonder about Arya already wearing Littlefinger's face to get Sansa to send Brienne away (another stupid forced development this episode). I don't think they'd get rid of Littlefinger offscreen like that though.

LlaurenElisa
    Sansa really just understood this episode that she is muggle stark, but she must be just sitting there saying "You can choose your friends but not your family"

I thought it was great and bad at the same time, some of the elements were brilliant in terms of the look and feel but others were crazy. I thought Arya was smarter than that and I also thought that it didn't pack the normal punch that the second last episode has historically had. In terms of penultimate episodes its not up there with Blackwater, Battle of the Bastards, Rains of Castamere etc

The Ice Dragon just changes everything and was awesome, time to put some Dragon Glass on a scorpion bolt

We also finally saw the chain that should have been used on the blackwater
    moughajcElisa
  • when did arya turn into a dipshit?

the frozen lake was pretty silly and they're really pushing it with the run-who-knows-how-many-miles-send-a-raven-to-dragonstone-and-fly-past-the-wall-in-a-half-hour-or-its-free bullshit...  but the ending-ending made sense, an undead dragon could really come in handy, at least until its wings rotted.
    weeniegirlRenaisWomnElisaLittleLioness
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    edited August 2017
    What did I just watch? GoT is increasingly turning into a summer blockbuster with characters who do dumb things because the plot demands they do dumb things.

I did get emotional with the Jon and Jorah scene, and I wept when Viserion went down. I even liked the Daenerys and Jon scene even though they feel incredibly rushed, but damn there was a lot of stupid in this episode.

I'd like to think Arya and Sansa are playing Littlefinger. Arya gave Sansa the dagger, as Bran gave it to her. Littlefinger told Sansa that Brienne would protect her, so Sansa immediately sent her away. Regardless, I still don't like the way the Winterfell plot is written.

The Night King planned for this, right? That rock was the same rock he was perched on when Bran saw him, I think. I'll have to go back and check.

RIP Thoros and Benjen. Poor Benjen, his death is almost as bad as the Blackfish's offscreen death.
    ghm3Melia004weeniegirlRenaisWomnGredalBeeElisaLittleLionessjoschman
  • I liked this episode! It was really really good, I don't know why previous posts didn't. We learned you can kill all wights if you kill the white walker that made them and bet if you killed the king WW you kill all of them! Vicereon, tragic. I have grown fond of the dragons. Now with a dead vicereon killing the king WW will be way harder. It is probably going to be that Danny, that kills dead Vicereon in order to kill WW King. Ughh.

Ayra was really scary. I thought she might kill Sansa, but she didn't so she probably won't. Maybe she wanted just scare Sansa so much, To make sure Sansa won't turn on Jon.

Speaking of Jon, catch his hand not let Danny's go for a second. They are so going to do it, no more need the ship Danny and Jon, they are literally in the ship.

• I think Arya ends up outmaneuvering Littlefinger, exposing his treachery to Sansa (in some private confrontation), killing him at Sansa's request and then taking his face.  
    [Deleted User]tom_g
  • All I could think of after Viserion died was the Night King writing on Benjen's shirt, "NOW I HAVE A DRAGON. HO-HO-HO."
    A_Ron_Hubbardghm3KingKobraAlkaid13moughajcMichelleApril_May_JuneGredalBeeZsa004Eine Frauand 2 others.
  • pavlovsbellpavlovsbell Brooklyn, NY
    Arya does not give one whit about wearing pretty dresses. If she and Sansa are not scheming together, then that alone should have been a tipoff to Sansa that she was playing the Game of Faces and thus lying.
    Martinmc0GredalBee
  • Directed by: Alan Taylor
    Written by: David Benioff & D. B. Weiss

First thing- HTF do you chide us for weeks about leaks and spoilers and then watch the fucking episode on Friday??? YES YOU ARE A HYPOCRITE!  Secondly, really tired of Starkbowl betweeen Arya and Sansa already.  
  • treerocks said:

I liked this episode! It was really really good, I don't know why previous posts didn't. We learned you can kill all wights if you kill the white walker that made them and bet if you killed the king WW you kill all of them!

How convenient that one was left entact then?
    Martinmc0johnnytruantvoodooratElisaVasilnate1
  • gguenot said:

treerocks said:

I liked this episode! It was really really good, I don't know why previous posts didn't. We learned you can kill all wights if you kill the white walker that made them and bet if you killed the king WW you kill all of them!

How convenient that one was left entact then?
    This really annoyed me.
    Martinmc0moughajcElisaVasilnate1
  • Walking Dead! WALKING DEAD!

How the fuck did they attach the chain?! How are we ever supposed to believe the NK can be beaten, and, what shitty RRRRRREMIX do D&D have coming for us?!?

Fuck, might as well have Jon pull a magic fucking cork >:-(
    ElisaLittleLioness
  • Everything north of the wall/Dragonstone was really good. Everything at Winterfell was really bad.
  • Arya does not give one whit about wearing pretty dresses. If she and Sansa are not scheming together, then that alone should have been a tipoff to Sansa that she was playing the Game of Faces and thus lying.

I do agree, if Arya wanted to kill Sansa she could have right there. This may have been a play against Littlefinger. Of course I do like ARons take (listening to the podcast now).
  • MurderbearMurderbear Cold Spring, Ky
    edited August 2017
    Is Viserion an ice dragon now? Would being brought back change his entire physiology? I can't help but think that's their ticket through the wall, right?
    Melia004Elisa
  • treerocks said:

I liked this episode! It was really really good, I don't know why previous posts didn't. We learned you can kill all wights if you kill the white walker that made them and bet if you killed the king WW you kill all of them! Vicereon, tragic. I have grown fond of the dragons. Now with a dead vicereon killing the king WW will be way harder. It is probably going to be that Danny, that kills dead Vicereon in order to kill WW King. Ughh.

Ayra was really scary. I thought she might kill Sansa, but she didn't so she probably won't. Maybe she wanted just scare Sansa so much, To make sure Sansa won't turn on Jon.

Speaking of Jon, catch his hand not let Danny's go for a second. They are so going to do it, no more need the ship Danny and Jon, they are literally in the ship.

I think from seeing posts people are missing that deep twisting plot lines. The perceived "stupid" plots, are ruining the spectacled what this episode was. I don't begrudge them for these feelings, even if I don't feel the same way. I even get what people are missing. To me though, this show is like a Pendergast novel. It starts off slow with lots of twists and set up then the back half is a rollercoaster of unwinding. I love those books, because of that.
    [Deleted User]walkthesky