"I thought you were the greatest writers on TV." "No. Just the drunkest."

This week was a mixed bag which I have divided into three categories: Plot Holes; Cool Things and Unnecessary Things.
Plot Holes:
1. If TNK can quench fire why can't he solidify the ice surrounding our intrepid explorers?
2. Why didn't Danny fly beyond the wall with Jon initially, scoop up a straggler and bring him with them, instead of sanctioning the time consuming and eminently more perilous trek of bonhomie?
3. Where did the chains come from?
4. How were said chains attached underwater if the wights don't 'do' water?
5. How does Gendry notice that the bear has blue eyes?
versus
Things That Were Cool:
1. That bear made me properly jump and I don't usually jump at anything.
2. The dragons were epic again, except the one that opted out when things got cold.
3. It. Is. On. No equivocating about who the enemy is anymore.
4. The blithe way that TNK threw that spear. He may as well have been trying his shoelaces. How do they get to him?
Things I Could Do Without:
1. Stupid Stark's being petty (Arya), easily manipulated(Sansa) or absent (Bran).
ElisaConnor

Comments

• edited August 2017

1. There were Vulcanic springs underneath that rock and the water is exremly salty, thats why the Lord of light guided them there.

2. Dany needed them at her mercy, begging her, bending the knee. It's a power play. She didn't expect to lose a dragon.

3. Blackwater, the wildfire took care of Stannis fleet so the chain from the books was not needed. I guess Euron or Littlefinger sold it.

4. There is a popular mermaid theory which would explain why we didn't see much of Varys.

5. He was tripping, probably an overdose milk of the puppy. That's the captagon of Westeros. With that in your system you will last days in the cold without getting cold or hungry or needing sleep.

• ThomasThomas North Carolina
    I think the more important question is why the point man was walking right up to a bear with blue eyes in the first place.
    Dial888
  • Thomas said:

I think the more important question is why the point man was walking right up to a bear with blue eyes in the first place.

didn't they say something about no women being around for hundreds of miles... ... ...
    MelonuskDial888Thomas
  • Why didn't they play the bear and the maiden fair in that scene?

Dial888Thomas
This discussion has been closed.