I finally did it. I also finally paid off my ps4!

So I finally did it guys and girls. I was so worried about what might happen and I told everyone about my mental health issues with very mixed results and I'm not even sure how to feel about it. Also I had about a month to come up with the remaining 80 or so £ to pay off my ps4 and finally reached it and paid it off today as the deadline was luckily Friday 25th. PHEW! now I don't own 300 with an added 140 for interest which is what would of happened
amyja89KingKobrafurankaTaraC73gguenotvoodooratrusskellyMichelleMurderbearjazzminawaand 1 other.

Comments

• amyja89amyja89 Oxford, England
    Congrats!
    iMatty94
  • gguenotgguenot CA
    edited August 2017
    Good for you man! Not having to pay that extra money is sweet! Not that you're asking for advice, but I think this is a great opportunity for you to think about how you would have reacted had you missed the deadline and had to pay the extra money. Surely you would have been upset-- as anyone would-- but with your admitted mental issues, it might be beneficial to think about a) how you would have reacted b) how you could console yourself c) and acknowledge that it wouldn't have been a horrible thing in the grand scheme of things. All within the security of it being a hypothetical and knowing youre not actually facing this tough situation. That way, if you're ever in a similar situation where you "failed" to do something, you have some tools handy and get you through those hard times. Easier said that done for sure, but practice makes perfect!
    TaraC73
  • positive steps taken mate good work. People are often more accepting then youd think. also if you got rocket league add me frostybeck
    iMatty94
  • TaraC73TaraC73 Manchester NH
    I hope this doesn't come off as condescending, but I am proud of you :) You're doing so well and have come a long way!! I'm proud of you!!
    gguenot
  • TaraC73 said:

I hope this doesn't come off as condescending, but I am proud of you :) You're doing so well and have come a long way!! I'm proud of you!!

No its nice to hear someone say that to me, thank you :) although I had a weird sort of trauma attack today (not sure what to call it)
  • gguenot said:

Good for you man! Not having to pay that extra money is sweet! Not that you're asking for advice, but I think this is a great opportunity for you to think about how you would have reacted had you missed the deadline and had to pay the extra money. Surely you would have been upset-- as anyone would-- but with your admitted mental issues, it might be beneficial to think about a) how you would have reacted b) how you could console yourself c) and acknowledge that it wouldn't have been a horrible thing in the grand scheme of things. All within the security of it being a hypothetical and knowing youre not actually facing this tough situation. That way, if you're ever in a similar situation where you "failed" to do something, you have some tools handy and get you through those hard times. Easier said that done for sure, but practice makes perfect!

Belive me this was all on my mind for quite some time. I was going to use the money I already had as "budget" for the monthly bills which would have been 28 a month. But still would have not been nice. Yup the whole "failure" thing is already a problem so that would have been much worse
  • positive steps taken mate good work. People are often more accepting then youd think. also if you got rocket league add me frostybeck

Sometimes they are yes. Psn is imatty94